Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

Glad I sat through that shite Man Utd/Wolves game last night, which Wolves could (should) have won about 3-0, only for Man Utd to get an undeserved winner and somehow not get a stonewall penalty against them in the last minute. 

The three officials in charge of last night's game have all been dropped from this weekend's fixtures and rightly so. 

That was a shocking decision and you would hope they'd rescind Gary O'Neills yellow card too. No possible explanation of how that wasn't a penalty. Happens at any other ground or anywhere else on the pitch at any other time and guaranteed it's a penalty. As its OT in the last few mins and they are winning.....

Webb said that they could release the audio for contentious decisions, but I doubt for this one as it's so blatant a penalty anything those officials are saying will come across as ludicrous. The referee should have given it anyway.

It simply isn't good enough for this to still be happening. VAR clearly showed he took someone out. Even if the ref did miss it,you can tell him to take a look. EVERYONE saw that as a penalty. Once again it raises questions about the quality of these people on VAR. The fact they hired Mason back just shows it's jobs for the boys.

• Paid Members

“City beat Inter Milan 1-0 in Champions League final to qualify for Super Cup” reads the text on BBC football live. While technically not incorrect, the unmerited grandiosity placed on the competition by the sentence makes my brain itch.

No, City have to play in the Super Cup because they won the Champions League.

• Paid Members

I'm sad it sounds like Lewis Hall's on the way out. The kid's a baller. To come in to that Chelsea team, be in your first handful of pro games and not look fazed at all shows ice cool composure. If he doesn't want to be a left back, this move's fair enough for all parties, there's no guarantee he'd ever get a fair chance of breaking into our midfield, he'll have a lot of suitors now and we'll get a bloody good fee.

If he is okay with being a left back, we'll regret letting him go pretty quickly.

• Paid Members
On 8/15/2023 at 2:17 PM, CleetusVanDamme said:

Just don't do it the Mark Halsey way around!

I know the commentator from this game. Chap called Michael Weadock - really nice bloke who often covers a lot of multi-sport events and still some football bits. I sent this to him and he’d completely forgotten about this and it brought back some great memories. His co-commentator, Alan Comfort, became a vicar after retiring from football.