Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

Reckon Chelsea show their arse and make us look like chumps today. Mad Boehly won’t be pleased with this and Caicedo has seemingly had his heart set on Chelsea for the best part of a year. 

Still, if we pull it off it’s a hell of a signing and our starting midfield will be ridiculously balanced. #FSGIN i guess.

15 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

You know what to do, @SuperBacon

spacer.png

Spurs have said that this is all nonsense. However if it leads to a dramatic last second romcom finish with Son stealing a boarding ramp and holding up the plane to convince Kane to stay, Sky Sports News long winded say nothing at all transfer shows would at least become watchable.

1 minute ago, gmoney said:

What was that bullshit yesterday about him maybe staying after all then? Was that just to pretend he was conflicted while he was at the bureau de change?

I reckon, and this is just my opinion, that all of these journalists know absolutely fuck all and this transfer has really shown that.

Everyone is guessing. He was probably always going, and people can just say what they want can't they?

@Gay as FOOK I hope the airport has run out of his favourite chocolate. The prick :)

• Paid Members

Give it a few years and he’ll come back to Spurs and get them promoted back to Premier League. That Play Off final winners medal will look great with his Bundesliga and Deutsche Pokal medals. 

Not even a Spurs fan and can’t wait for this saga to be over. Has there been any talk at all on who will replace him?

21 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

That Play Off final winners medal will look great with his Bundesliga and Deutsche Pokal medals. 

A reminder that the spreadsheet criteria is only top flight trophies so even a play off win wouldn't kill it off!!!

As for replacements, we bought him last year. Richarlison 🙃

58 minutes ago, gmoney said:

What was that bullshit yesterday about him maybe staying after all then? Was that just to pretend he was conflicted while he was at the bureau de change?

Well he was definitely conflicted at the bureau de change but it had nothing to do with football.

1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said:

Well he was definitely conflicted at the bureau de change but it had nothing to do with football.

"We want you to score drei goals today Harry"

".......no problem boss"

*gets on the group chat to Eric Dier* "Mate, what's a dry goal? Is it different to a wet one?"

Problem Spurs have now got is what West Ham's issue was. This is so public everyone knows what money they have. Given the transfer fees swishing about, Spurs going in for a striker means the selling club will demand A LOT. The timing of this is barmy from Levy. Taking my Arsenal hate off, I can actually understand why they're so pissed off atg him

12 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Problem Spurs have now got is what West Ham's issue was. This is so public everyone knows what money they have. Given the transfer fees swishing about, Spurs going in for a striker means the selling club will demand A LOT. The timing of this is barmy from Levy. Taking my Arsenal hate off, I can actually understand why they're so pissed off atg him

Right, that's my issue. I don't really have many issues with selling him. If he doesn't want to stay, then you get what you can.

But do that on June 1st, not the day the season starts. 

A new manager is in, one who admits his tactics, methods, ethos etc takes some time embedding and getting used to, and you've just given him the worst possible start to his season. I'm sure he knew and planned for life without Harry but still, come on.

And like you say, now clubs know you need to replace (sorry that's ridiculous just writing thar. How do you replace your greatest ever player? lolz) and can hold you to ransom.

For what it's worth, I'd like to see us bring in Eze as rumoured (sorry Frankie) and then go after Ivan Toney when he's back. That would sort some issues out.

Oh fuck it, Richarlison is going to bury teams and we're still winning the lot. Pru pru or whatever it is.