Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

Fun start to the new season. The Mustard looking very competitive two games in - scorcher of a 4-4 today against Southampton. 

By the way the prestigious FPL 'Chippy Tea League' has been renewed if anyone wants to join. Also, I promised last year's winner a free chippy tea, but I don't know who the winning poster was. If you're reading this now and it was you, PM me!

Link to join for 23/24 (code is at the end of the URL): https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/elx7j7   

Good start for me - Haaland up to his usual tricks and will essentially be my captain all season until he gets injured/suspended. Saka and Martinelli up and running plus lovely Brighton 1-2-3 put me in a good position for Sunday with four bodies still to play. 

Gooners - what's the craic with Gabriel and his mysterious benching today? Anything more in that apart from a one off? 

5 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Gooners - what's the craic with Gabriel and his mysterious benching today? Anything more in that apart from a one off? 

Arteta's been on one about unpredictability and versatility all preseason, so I think it was just tactical, sacrificing our least progressive defender to get another forward on the pitch while playing against the lowest of low blocks. For FPL purposes, I'd be pretty surprised if he's not straight back in for our trip to Selhurst Park next week and then beyond that. 

• Paid Members

Quite happy with a point despite the usual Spurs approach of “We’ll score first then let you have a go for a bit.” The old theory that Spurs would rather lose a game 4-3 than win it 1-0, as true today as when it was coined decades ago. Having giving up on being decent for a while now, I can at least tell the Villa fans to pipe down by informing them that our back four will score more than their whole squad this season.

Still, not all good news. Can’t even celebrate a good start to FPL as I forgot to register in time. Shame, because as well as captaining Haaland every week just like everyone else, Maddison was going to be the token sentimental Spurs selection for this years team, Stanway To Heaven. Oops! Always next year.

A typically sensational opening weekend for The Barclays. The lion roars once again. 

I had a great time watching Newcastle, having worried in days prior that Villa would likely get something out of the game and we'd begin the season on an underwhelming note.

I needn't have worried, because we were absolutely class. Our midfield, in particular, was outstanding, with Tonali having a home debut to dream of. It was also nice to see Barnes get on the scoresheet to cap off his cameo, along with Wilson bagging one after not starting. 

Wilson would start every game if Isak wasn't simply on another level. I really believe that, if he keeps progressing at the current rate, he'll be one of the very best strikers in the world within the next couple of years. He is so quick and strong and good at scoring all sorts of goals. I hope he stays fit this time, especially with Champion's League games to play. 

It's a shame our next match is away at City and we'll probably lose it. I say 'probably' because Eddie Howe's might Mags are looking real good and might just come away with something at the Etihad. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

It's a shame our next match is away at City and we'll probably lose it. I say 'probably' because Eddie Howe's might Mags are looking real good and might just come away with something at the Etihad. 

I suppose it depends on if everyone keeps their heads really.