Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

Yeah, not the best of welcomes to the league, but the scoreline looks like it was a good game for the neutrals. There's been a few fairly high scoring games today. Barnsley scored seven, Notts County conceded five, Watford put 4 past QPR.

Rovers started the season well, but the squad is VERY thin, so all it's going to take is a couple of injuries and they'll be buggered. Let's see what happens though.

One down, forty-five to go. Plus cup games. 

• Paid Members

Presumably the plan this season is to stay up. MK Dons are ostensibly a League One side playing in League Two, so that's nothing to worry about. I'm sure there'll be better results.

Took the youngest to Spurs for the first time today (we went Southampton vs Spurs last season but today was first at the stadium. My 10yo is a legend.

spacer.png

Thoughts? Well it's the still the best stadium in the world. Every single seat has a blinding view and its just great how they've achieved this with the size. Even though we were fairly high up, you feel really close to the pitch.

spacer.png

We will score a LOT of goals this season. We will also (initially) concede a LOT of goals this season. 

James Maddison is a lovely player. Just looks like he has all the time in the world to pick his wonderful passes and crosses and can see him being a massive asset this season.

The inverted wingbacks is...odd. Well odd that you are asking Emerson Royal to be a midfielder in possession. I can see why Ange does it, as it packs a midfield out and allows your actual midfielders to get high up, I'm not just not sure we have the personnel at LB and RB to achieve this.

Bit different when Pep does it and he can choose from world class players.

Harry Kane is the best. Spurs without him doesn't bear thinking about. If he stays we're winning the lot.

Best conspiracy I heard today? Maddison played in number 71 and he's waiting for Kane to leave so he can have 10 before the season starts. I nearly punched the bloke behind me as its now all I can think about.

Also, got to see one of my very good friends artworks in the Gazza exhibition (🎵Only stadium in Europe with its own art gallery, you'll never sing that🎵) which made me very happy. 

spacer.png

The optimism is strong again. Bring on the 2-0 loss to Brentford next week.

Had William Saliba not got injured last season, Arsenal would have won the league. What a footballer. Getting him signed up again may be looked back upon as the best piece of business this summer.

Arsenal's squad is shaping up very nicely, especially when you consider Raya is probably now on the way as well. That back 4 and midfield (with the depth there) is genuinely quite something. I do think City/Arsenal will be the top 2 again this season (United don't convince me at all, Klopp is rebuilding, Chelsea will take at least a season) City still the favourites of course, but Arsenal are not that far behind. Maybe with a few outgoings another player in would put me very confident. Looking forward to the new season.

49 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Had William Saliba not got injured last season, Arsenal would have won the league. What a footballer. Getting him signed up again may be looked back upon as the best piece of business this summer.

Arsenal's squad is shaping up very nicely, especially when you consider Raya is probably now on the way as well. That back 4 and midfield (with the depth there) is genuinely quite something. I do think City/Arsenal will be the top 2 again this season (United don't convince me at all, Klopp is rebuilding, Chelsea will take at least a season) City still the favourites of course, but Arsenal are not that far behind. Maybe with a few outgoings another player in would put me very confident. Looking forward to the new season.

The fuck he is!

8 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The fuck he is!

Just because they haven't splashed massively this summer doesn't mean he isn't rebuilding. They had a brand new forward line really at times last season, that takes time to bed in. They'll add some midfielders I'm sure as well. As I said, I don't think they'll challenge this season. I think people are lazily thinking they'll just pop back up again, but I do think with time he'll get them competitive.

12 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

I doubt there's a single transfer that goes through that doesn't involve tapping up. Bayern are a different animal though and just won't ever shut the fuck up about players that aren't theirs. It'd be nice to see them get burned again.

If I was them, I would understand that they're not dealing with their little cuck club Dortmund like they usually do, and simply make a bid that is at the asking price. And this will be all spun into Levy being a nightmare to deal with etc etc, when really Bayern have messed this up big time. Why should he accept an undervalued bid? Fuck them. 

I obviously don't want him to leave and I now REALLY don't want him to go there.

"But won't he just leave for free next summer though?" What, after winning a treble? Wouldn't have thought so.