Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

He’s gone to Al Ahli. Shame really he’d offer a top side loads off the bench but those veneers don’t pay for themselves.

Yeah, pity that. Might have to give Martial a new six year deal now. . .

Makes me hanker for the old ways of doing this kind of thing.

A short video of Juande Ramos emerging from the tunnel at White Hart Lane with David Bentley, quietly exchanging unheard words while Ramos points to various parts of the stadium and Bentley nods in agreement, all while the clacking sound of photographers cameras can be heard.

You can almost smell the freshly cut grass and feel the summer sunshine on your face if you close your eyes. 

Incredibly disappointed in Henderson. He was one of the very few players I thought actually had morals and integrity, but an already enormously wealthy man becomes even wealthier at the detriment of the causes and people he’s been championing his whole career. Always wanted him to come back to play for us at the end of his career, not now though. Fuck that guy.

Played 5-a-side with him a few times when we were like 12, should’ve two-footed the prick when I had the chance.

Now Mitrovic is on strike at Fulham until Tony Khan lowers his asking price of 52 million pounds so he can go to a Saudi Club. Mitrovic is only 28. Bit young to be joining what I thought was a retirement league.

• Paid Members

Ehh, it's a short career with constant risk of injury and no guarantee of any fallback career in management or media at the end of the road. No age is too young to grab the cash.

Can understand the money thing (even though he’s probably already a multi millionaire) but it’s not exactly testing himself at the highest level is it? When Mitrovic is still young enough to be playing for both club and country. Although at this rate, even more younger players will probably end up joining Saudi Arabian clubs.

11 hours ago, METAL ON METAL said:

Incredibly disappointed in Henderson. He was one of the very few players I thought actually had morals and integrity, but an already enormously wealthy man becomes even wealthier at the detriment of the causes and people he’s been championing his whole career. Always wanted him to come back to play for us at the end of his career, not now though. Fuck that guy.

Played 5-a-side with him a few times when we were like 12, should’ve two-footed the prick when I had the chance.

Has to be asked, how much money does one man actually need? Like you say, Henderson is already enormously wealthy and most likely has more money than he knows what to do with.

• Paid Members

Problem is that the world is such that the gap between rich and poor is wider than it's ever been, and the penalties this society imposes on people for being poor are the most visible and unpleasant they've ever been. Seeing as most footballers are originally from working class backgrounds, I can understand the desperation to put as much distance between them and their families, and poverty, as possible.

That's not to say I agree with it - after all, as you say, how much wealth does one person need to have? But the answers you and I would give that question are not the ones that the news would give.

Edited by Carbomb

7 hours ago, air_raid said:

Anyone else recovering from the shock of misreading that Mendy had signed for Leyton Orient?

Not only that but he now has teammates called Bonke Innocent and Darlin Yongwa.

I was very relieved when City released him. £52 million down the drain but that's just dinner money, I suppose. Surpasses Eliaquim Mangala as probably the worst use of transfer funds since the bad bad money men rolled in.