Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Gooner said:

Why would he do that after just signing new contract?

Joining a new club for big money and then being sent out on loan for three years can do that to a player. 

I can't see him doing that. He could have just ran last 12 months of his contract down and left on a free.

He getting that money. If he is feeling like that in anyway, that type of money can sort out most feelings and thoughts 

Shocked Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

• Paid Members

Really intrigued about this season, a bunch of teams have clearly needed to make significant signings to try and catch City, but crucially need them to bed in quickly. No room to let the team gel and find form, City would've already won the fucking thing by then.

I genuinely urge everyone to watch this.

It is utterly, utterly heartbreaking and another reminder that these are human beings with a complex history, emotions, feelings etc.

Trigger warning: there is a LOT in here.

Also, the fact that he's been forced to do this because the fucking scum at the tabloids were going to out what had happened, is another reminder that they are all massive cunts.

Heartbreaking. I watched that in floods of tears and Gary Neville handles it so well.

Ange, bring him home.

Yeah unbelievable interview. Complete respect and love for him. 

It looks like Henderson to Al Ettifaq might be happening. I get that we're way through the looking glass at the top level in terms of lionising the top stars but I still find it disappointing. Presumably he'll be leaving his rainbow laces at John Lennon airport. 

I love Hendo and to lose him, Bobby and Milner in the same window will be gutting but other than Bobby neither are offering much more than character and experience and whilst they are extremely valuable traits to have it’s not like we don’t have players capable of stepping up. The offer to make £80m after tax over the next few years probably means he can convince himself that he can help be part of the change in culture over there or whatever bollocks he’ll tell himself.

28 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Thanks for sharing that, @SuperBacon. Absolutely brutal but a very important watch.

It's the honesty that got me more than anything.

Now I obviously have skin in the game, but the amount of absolute shit that has been written about Dele over the years is, in my opinion, over the top and beyond the pale and he's become almost a joke and the go to when you talk about 'wasted talent' 

To me, its not wasted talent. He's tried to cope to the best of his abilities dealing with the trauma he has held on to for so long and in his own words, made bad choices, and blames no one but himself. 

I just hope that this has massively helped him move forward, and get back to being the great player he is, as let's not get this twisted, he is a fucking brilliant player. 

Every time I think about that interview, I well up and have all day. The courage and braveness he has shown is unbelievable. 

Absolutely love him. Would love a high def print of this. 

spacer.png

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I love Hendo and to lose him, Bobby and Milner in the same window will be gutting but other than Bobby neither are offering much more than character and experience and whilst they are extremely valuable traits to have it’s not like we don’t have players capable of stepping up. The offer to make £80m after tax over the next few years probably means he can convince himself that he can help be part of the change in culture over there or whatever bollocks he’ll tell himself.

Bobby Firmino - any word on where he's expected to fall? United could really be doing with big Bobby on a wee free transfer. The fear of fucking about all summer and signing Jamie Vardy for £10M on deadline day fills me with dread. Come on Firmino, you know it makes sense. 

5 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Bobby Firmino - any word on where he's expected to fall? United could really be doing with big Bobby on a wee free transfer. The fear of fucking about all summer and signing Jamie Vardy for £10M on deadline day fills me with dread. Come on Firmino, you know it makes sense. 

He's gone to Saudi Arabia hasn't he?

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

He's gone to Saudi Arabia hasn't he?

Probably. I just hadn't seen it anywhere and thought I'd try and will it into existence. Ed Woodward might end up giving Shane Long a shout if he thinks he'd fancy it.