Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

33 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

God love Sven, one of my favourite England managers and that Germany game will live forever as one of his greatest moments 

I watched it on my own at my sisters as I was convinced England would get battered, and I was fully INGERLUND back then.

Then went and met all my mates in Twickenham. A great night.

There were people hugging and high fiving each other in Feltham. Fucking FELTHAM!

God bless Sven.

Full interview here:

I think the 2002 revisionism is a bit harsh on himself and the squad. If we discount the game against England, Ronaldo was on a mission that year and no one were stopping Brazil.

2004 and 2006 were the missed opportunities but that's football innit.

It’s very brave of him to open up like that. I’m glad he’s doing better now, as I look forward to him inevitably scoring a hat trick against Arsenal in a few weeks. And couldn’t someone get the poor bloke a tissue?!

• Paid Members

I'm not sure I've seen a more miserable game of football all season than City vs Arsenal yesterday. Absolutely nothing going for it. Contrast that with the pace and flair of Liverpool vs Brighton. Guardiola and Arteta's styles dictating the direction of how the modern game is played is shudder-inducing. It's not just Liverpool who are going to miss Klopp, the whole league is.

"Defensive and tactical masterclass!!!"

The 2024 equivalent of parking the bus let's be honest.

"But if we'd opened up, we'd have been carved open*!!!" 

Maybe, but you'd also have 99.9% been certain to have scored if you'd just tried a little bit. Spurs went and scored 3 there and got a draw with a CB pairing of Ben Davies and Emerson Royal, no excuses!

I get that a point away at City IS progress after they usually go there and get pummeled, but in my opinion, Arsenal were gutless yesterday. Tiny bit more impetus and they would've won easily. City offered nothing. I know its their want to do so, but I'm still amazed they let both Gundogan and Mahrez go so easily. Two players who changed games for them so often.

Also not sure where Liverpool go after Klopp now Alonso looks to have said he's staying at Leverkusen. I know Ange has said he grew up supporting them... :(

*By who, Jeremy Doku? Lolz. 

• Paid Members

Brighton were so good to watch yesterday. Ten Haag can learn from them with the way they transitioned play from back to front.

Were Brighton like this under Potter or is this De Zerbi's doing?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Murtz said:

Brighton were so good to watch yesterday. Ten Haag can learn from them with the way they transitioned play from back to front.

United don't have the players to do that and that's partially ten Hag's fault. United should be playing Route One.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm not sure I've seen a more miserable game of football all season than City vs Arsenal yesterday. Absolutely nothing going for it. Contrast that with the pace and flair of Liverpool vs Brighton. Guardiola and Arteta's styles dictating the direction of how the modern game is played is shudder-inducing. It's not just Liverpool who are going to miss Klopp, the whole league is.

Had these exact thoughts watching the game yesterday. Possibly the dullest game ever played out between two teams battling for the title in the late stages of the season. God help the Premier League if this is the main event 'rivalry' they are going to have to try to sell for the next few years.

10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Also not sure where Liverpool go after Klopp now Alonso looks to have said he's staying at Leverkusen. I know Ange has said he grew up supporting them... :(

Outside of Alonso there was no other name that excited me much. De Zerbi looks potentially class and hates the referees more than Klopp does and it’ll probably be him  or Amorim. I’d probably be pretty happy with Ange. A cheeky go at Ancelotti would be funny but unrealistic given that he’s having one more year at Real before Xabi goes there. Flick had a glorious 18 months at Bayern but seems risky and it’s hard to judge someone like Inzaghi given Serie A is an odd league.