Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

I did like George Graham saying "of course we're taking it seriously, I'm naming (5ft 5) Jose Dominguez as goalkeeper" in the run up to the game though. Fact is they're professional footballers and a desire to win is, or should be, their number one priority over fan based rivalries. Especially as the case could well be one that both Spurs and Manchester City will need the win. I'd assume as much as a lot of Spurs fans won't want Arsenal winning the league they'd be happy enough with getting into the Champions League to overlook that for the time being.

16 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Sorry, you do know professional football is played by professional football players doing a job, and not fans.

Like, I'm not actually playing. You are aware of this?

This is the problem that football fans make all the time. Mickey van de Ven does not give as much of a shit as me if Arsenal win the league. They probably don't even care. They'll just want to win the game.

Still, nice of Arsenal fans to create an excuse for something that hasn't even happened yet. Always a treat.

Edit: EDIT WANKER. Also you have been in that situation before. 1999. Les Ferdinand nearly fucked it up, before sanity (and United) prevailed.

I do know that and that they play in front of fans who if they know the positive result they don't need, but get helps their rivals the mentality and energy is completely different. 

Huh? Who said anything about you playing? 

Will see of that's the case come the game, if you have anything to play for I don't believe it will be, but hey, I hope I'm wrong. 

No excuse, its what possible could happen as you are the one team left who o believe can stop them, problem of course is when that fixture drops it may not mean anything to you to stop it. 

I know we been in that situation before, not sure why you bring that up, I knew then you'd lose, you gave them a decent game though and yes United prevailed, we know what happened after that in that season and not something I want to remember.

Edited by Gooner

9 minutes ago, Gooner said:

I know we been in that situation before, not sure why you bring that up

Because you said you hadn't. 

28 minutes ago, Gooner said:

We never been in that situation before

11 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

I did like George Graham saying "of course we're taking it seriously, I'm naming (5ft 5) Jose Dominguez as goalkeeper" in the run up to the game though.

To be fair, I think that was less a case of us rolling over, but rather just being absolutely dreadful. 

14 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

I'd assume as much as a lot of Spurs fans won't want Arsenal winning the league they'd be happy enough with getting into the Champions League to overlook that for the time being.

I mean we've seen them actually win the thing twice at our stadium so this will just be another thing to add to the therapy list. It's a long list.

4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Because you said you hadn't. 

We haven't when it comes to you playing Manchester City. You've shown you can beat them, anyone who watches football knows that, when beating them means nothing to you, but helps your greatest rivals, will see. 

7 minutes ago, Gooner said:

We haven't when it comes to you playing Manchester City. You've shown you can beat them, anyone who watches football knows that, when beating them means nothing to you, but helps your greatest rivals, will see. 

Right gotcha, that's what you meant.

So let me get this straight as I might be misunderstanding you. What you are saying is that 11 professional football players will go out and essentially throw a game as it might hand an advantage to their rivals if they don't.

Is that what you're suggesting? Maybe someone should tell the authorities or the police. Sounds serious. 

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Right gotcha, that's what you meant.

So let me get this straight as I might be misunderstanding you. What you are saying is that 11 professional football players will go out and essentially throw a game as it might hand an advantage to their rivals if they don't.

Is that what you're suggesting? Maybe someone should tell the authorities or the police. Sounds serious. 

Yes, it's what I meant, will see if you beat City when you don't need to and it benefits us, I hope you do it. 

What I'm saying is 11 professional footballers going out on the pitch in a game that means absolutely nothing to them in terms of winning it , helps their rivals, with fans in the stadium wanting them to not win can have an impact on how they perform. 

I did used to enjoy the Evertonian’s gloating about how they’re gonna throw the games against City to spite Liverpool. I’m sure City were grateful of the help in overcoming the mighty Everton.

11 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Give North London football their own thread again. 

That's just one club? Suits me! Banish me away!

Edit: EDIT WANKER!!!! That thread was alright tbh, but all the decent Arsenal fans never come around anymore. Your Punkys, your Mims, your Justices, your Factys,  your Hallicks. All gone. 

Now its just people that have zero humour or awareness.

Edited by SuperBacon
Killed our parrot. Cunts.