Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

If we get into a situation that means Spurs HAVE to get a result against Man City for us to have a chance at the title, then it will be because we’ve cocked it up somewhere else. Getting into pre-emptive bantz-laden whataboutery is, well, just pretty small-time really. What’s the point?

If the Bayern game is anything to go by, we’ll have pooed our pants long before the final week of the season comes round anyway. 

42 minutes ago, hallicks said:

If we get into a situation that means Spurs HAVE to get a result against Man City for us to have a chance at the title, then it will be because we’ve cocked it up somewhere else.

I dunno, it's so tight that it's not inconceivable that one further instance of dropped points makes all the difference.

Sadly the Premier League haven't returned my calls about the replay of the Liverpool game. Don't even have to replay it really, they can just have the points :)

I read on Twitter (I know I know) the other day from Everton fans saying that if the title goes to the last day of the season and they are safe or relegated they want to lose 15-0 to Arsenal (who they play last game) to stick their fingers up to Liverpool and also the PremIer League (guessing because of the docked points).

Football is a funny old game.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Briefcase said:

I read on Twitter (I know I know) the other day from Everton fans saying that if the title goes to the last day of the season and they are safe or relegated they want to lose 15-0 to Arsenal (who they play last game) to stick their fingers up to Liverpool and also the PremIer League (guessing because of the docked points).

It's Everton, this is entirely probable anyway.

That felt like a preview of the post-Klopp era tonight from Liverpool. 

It's been a bit of craic, I suppose. 

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Briefcase said:

Football is a funny old game.

*Monkey paw curling*

Everton lose 15-0 to Arsenal and they finish 18th, and the dockside stadium is completed early for their opening game against the League One playoff winners Lincoln City.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Well at least @Gooner doesn't have to worry about Spurs chucking any games now.

Surely by that logic he'd be even more worried? As we really would need Spurs to do us a favour now?

In reality, you can't drop points in games like that if you want to win the league. Same for Liverpool as ourselves. City will undoubtedly go on and win all their games now, which means you have to be perfect at the point in the season to keep up with the machine that is City. Ah well. was fun while it lasted, City might as well get the parade route planned now. 

Still beats getting pumped by Newcastle because "aww shucks we just want to play football, mate", so I'll take it. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, mim731 said:

Surely by that logic he'd be even more worried? As we really would need Spurs to do us a favour now?

Title race is over, give City another asterisk title, end the season, County are promoted already anyway.

16 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Still beats getting pumped by Newcastle because "aww shucks we just want to play football, mate", so I'll take it. 

Quick question and meant in all sincerity since I like you, and you're one of the more sensible Arsenal fans on here. How many times in Artetas first couple of seasons did Arsenal lose quite badly and how long did it take for Arsenal to bed in what they are now doing? This is now his 5th season right? Two 8th placed finishes in a row right? In fact I'm sure Artetas first season was a carbon copy of Anges. First 10 or so really good, then they completely ran out of steam for a bit. 

No excuse for yesterday, horrendous, but I do think people are missing the point somewhat. You cannot want a complete upheaval and then moan when it's not instant. Even Punky agrees with me!

Also I do love that you've just lost a massive game and your first thought is mentioning Spurs 😆 Just a mental fan base.

Also, we're beating City. I know it. You know it. Pep knows it. It's inevitable. 

Also, up the Leverkusen. Fuck off Harry.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

How many times in Artetas first couple of seasons did Arsenal lose quite badly and how long did it take for Arsenal to bed in what they are now doing? This is now his 5th season right? Two 8th placed finishes in a row right? 

Yes, and we were roundly mocked by Spurs fans, including yourself on here, so turnabout is fair play, no? 

8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Also I do love that you've just lost a massive game and your first thought is mentioning Spurs 😆 Just a mental fan base.

In all honesty, it was a throwaway comment to make myself better. Writing a big paragraph in response is probably more telling. 

EDIT: Also very happy to see Xhaka getting a title win. A nice thing on a less than great day in football terms. 

Edited by mim731
Granit. Solid as a rock.

6 minutes ago, mim731 said:

In all honesty, it was a throwaway comment to make myself better. Writing a big paragraph in response is probably more telling. 

Bit unnecessary mate. I like debating football on here as there's often a good discussion to be had, so wanted to ask a question and had some points. Maybe I shouldn't bother anymore?

8 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Yes, and we were roundly mocked by Spurs fans, including yourself on here, so turnabout is fair play, no? 

And yes probably, which is again why I asked a question to try and debate it. Never mind, like I say I won't bother. 

God bless Unai.