Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

Screenshot2024-04-0510_23_03.thumb.png.911742e024484060b7365e27f71fc7bf.png

So this happened.

Stuck it on after the Liverpool game (Alexis Mac Allister is a lovely player to watch). I've never seen a team with United's resources defend or play like they do. It's almost impossible to fathom how they can be this bad. The same goes for Chelsea as well, though - a team with a midfield allegedly worth around £300 million that provides no cover for its backline, which has at least three players in it that can't or won't defend.

On 4/1/2024 at 11:12 AM, SuperBacon said:

Arsenal were gutless yesterday

Sorry just saw this. Hilarious and you're one of the good Spurs fans!

I would have thought after 9 or so years of United being a mess that it wouldn't still be amusing to me. It very much still is

On 4/1/2024 at 10:41 AM, Devon Malcolm said:

Guardiola and Arteta's styles dictating the direction of how the modern game is played is shudder-inducing. It's not just Liverpool who are going to miss Klopp, the whole league is.

Arsenal have scored the most goals this season and have been smashing teams left and right. But yeah boring

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Arsenal have scored the most goals this season and have been smashing teams left and right. But yeah boring

Glad we agree on something at last!

7 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Sorry just saw this. Hilarious and you're one of the good Spurs fans!

In my opinion (and it is only my opinon) they were.

Now you can say that was a disciplined, mature performance all you want, and that is your prerogative, but I really don't care that it was Man City. You are chasing a title, you don't set up to get a point, when you know you have such outstanding attacking qualities. That's pathetic. 

If you have to leave yourselves open so be it. Go and outscore them. That's what Klopp would've done. That's what any other manager chasing a title would've done.

I saw videos of Arsenal fans celebrating that 0-0 like a victory. Have some shame. Yes it's better than going there like you did last year and losing 4-0 or whatever it was, but you were all that happy with that? YOU'RE CHASING A FUCKING TITLE!

I have no doubt that Arsenal will win a title sooner rather than later. OK fine. And they clearly play some nice football. OK fine.

But Sunday was one of the worst games I think anyone has ever watched, and in my opinion a massive mistake. If they'd attacked and taken it to City (which again, let's just pause and remember that Chelsea have done it this season, a Spurs team with DAVIES and ROYAL as CBs have done it this season) they would've won. And won big. I don't think City are anywhere near as good as they were last year (especially the defence) which was at times, impossible levels to compete with.

Arteta* can say he changed his style for one game and he was right to do it all along. To me the way he approached that game shows me he doesn't believe his team is that good enough to play the way they always play, and that's a detriment I'm afraid.

*far, far too long talking about this cunt and I should be ashamed of myself. 

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

*far, far too long talking about this cunt and I should be ashamed of myself. 

Ha I get that. Someone tried to talk to me about where Spurs were going last week like I wanted to know the blueprint.

It was boring for a neutral I get that, but as an Arsenal fan who has seen us get our pants pulled down multiple times in away games, the change was incredibly good to see. You rightly said Spurs went there and scored 3, and have often won there. But that style of football has a ceiling. You'll then lose 1 nil to Dulwich Hamlets or something. We can vary it up this season and we probably should have nicked that game.

The lack of defensive resolve during the mid to late Wenger era really bothered me, it meant the football just wasn’t aesthetically pleasing to me even though at times we were lovely to watch. Arsenal don't give chances away now, but can also go out and pummel teams.

Against City we couldn't lose. Title race over if so.  It wasn't not thinking he couldn't win, it was knowing we could not drop all 3 points at this stage, a marked difference from last season against Liverpool where we tried to go toe to toe and conceded twice and should have lost it. If anything I think it shows Arteta does think we can win the league now. Team who don't concede chances usually go very close

1 hour ago, Factotum said:

We can vary it up this season and we probably should have nicked that game

Nah, you shouldn't have been in a position to "nick it", in my opinion you could've steamrolled them with the attacking quality you have. I genuinely believe that. 

We won't agree, and I'll always think it's pathetic to have a "just can't lose this" mentality (I'd accept it if you had half the team unavailable) and that's not me being anti Arsenal, it's just a philosophy I'll never understand or enjoy. But there we go.

11 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Nah, you shouldn't have been in a position to "nick it", in my opinion you could've steamrolled them with the attacking quality you have. I genuinely believe that. 

We won't agree, and I'll always think it's pathetic to have a "just can't lose this" mentality (I'd accept it if you had half the team unavailable) and that's not me being anti Arsenal, it's just a philosophy I'll never understand or enjoy. But there we go.

When was the last time City were steamrolled? Arsenal are good but let’s not get carried away. They’ve spent big and they’ve spent well but teams don’t steamroller City.

• Paid Members

From a neutral perspective, Liverpool winning the league would be the best solution all-round.

It'll prolong Arsenal's hilariously long time without winning it and will make Arteta, who is a twat, sad.

It means City won't win it, and nobody in their right mind should ever want them to win it.

It also means United fans will probably stop singing the '20 times' song and will make their awful season worse.

Fantastic win for us yesterday. We looked very strong and in the end won comfortably. Seven games to go, looks like will need to win all of them, which will be tough but we've had a great 2024 so far after ending 2023 with back to back losses to West Ham and Fulham respectively. Spurs could have a big say in where the title ends up seeing as they have to play all three of us, just hopefully they need to play for something when their game against Manchester City takes place, so we know they can't just lie down and roll over for them.  Now on to Bayern Munich and putting thr final nail on Harry Kane's trophy dreams.

14 minutes ago, Gooner said:

Spurs could have a big say in where the title ends up seeing as they have to play all three of us, just hopefully they need to play for something when their game against Manchester City takes place

Still the league to play for! 14 points with a game in hand and 24 points available.

The title charge starts here!