Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

• Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)

Everton have had another 2 points deducted. Assuming Man City are arranging a car boot sale to pay for their upcoming legal fees. Right? RIGHT?

Edited by Frankie Crisp

I can't be fucked properly updating it anymore but Ndombele, Aurier and Sanchez all had another entry on the spreadsheet last night for Galatasaray.

Edited by SuperBacon
Meant for the European football thread. Cba to move it. Spreadsheet wankers unite.

On 4/8/2024 at 2:21 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Amazing things happening in the North West Counties League Premier Division.

Screenshot2024-04-0814_20_02.thumb.png.515a1c2595bcf99633fc245f0db0dcfb.png

Huge year for Wythenshawe.

It's a nice story, but there's another one involving the team just behind them in third. On the recommendation of the retro gaming thread, I went to the Arcade Club in Bury on Friday and thought I'd stick around and make a weekend of it by taking in a game at Gigg Lane too. It was only when I read the matchday programme that I thought - hang on, what do they mean they're trailing both Wythenshawe clubs in the race for promotion? 

Arsenal normally get beaten by beyern. I would be very disappointed if we didn't win tonight. Winning the tie will be hard but we are top of the Premier league and they are 16 points behind in Germany so I expect a win tonight. We probably are favourites for the tie but beyern always beat us so it's hard to be confident against them 

Just now, no user name said:

I would be very disappointed if we didn't win tonight.

Just now, no user name said:

I expect a win tonight.

1 minute ago, no user name said:

it's hard to be confident against them 

Fucking hell.

10 minutes ago, The Gaffer said:

This banal surge of Arsenal gloatposting is giving me a rash. 

It's giving Rashers a rash as well!!!

Me contemplating that Harry Kane gets closer to the spreadsheet but Arsenal go out: 

GIF by Giphy QA

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, The Gaffer said:

This banal surge of Arsenal gloatposting is giving me a rash. 

Well, they've got 20 years of it saved up.

Bayern are fucking dirge. They dropped a 2-0 lead on the weekend to lose. They lost at home to a fairly decent but not spectacular Dortmund side the week before and they’ve cost me loads of money this season! They have a cracking blend of players for now and the future and should be a lot better than they are. Tommy Tickle is a fraud. Still put Kane to score on the bet builder mind.

11 minutes ago, Gooner said:

It's all set though for you to stop us beforehand and roll over for them come that time.

You must not have seen any Spurs-Man City game in the last 10 years as we beat them every year. Sometimes twice a year, so not sure where you've suddenly got this "roll over" thing from.

Fulham yeah. City no.

Just now, SuperBacon said:

You must not have seen any Spurs-Man City game in the last 10 years as we beat them every year. Sometimes twice a year, so not sure where you've suddenly got this "roll over" thing from.

Fulham yeah. City no.

I've seen you beat them many times in recent years and reminded about it at home, but if you have nothing to play for and beating Man City helps Arsenal, what then? We never been in that situation before, why you acting you wouldn't roll over if nothing to play for and help screw us over, I don't get, if you did so I wouldn't blame you, the way the fixtures work it can happen and I worried about it when Man City reached the FA Cup semi final, I knew this game be moves to second from last game of the season and I think you'll have forth spot wrapped up by then.

6 minutes ago, Gooner said:

why you acting you wouldn't roll over if nothing to play for and help screw us over, I don't get, if you did so I wouldn't blame you,

Sorry, you do know professional football is played by professional football players doing a job, and not fans.

Like, I'm not actually playing. You are aware of this?

This is the problem that football fans make all the time. Mickey van de Ven does not give as much of a shit as me if Arsenal win the league. They probably don't even care. They'll just want to win the game.

Still, nice of Arsenal fans to create an excuse for something that hasn't even happened yet. Always a treat.

Edit: EDIT WANKER. Also you have been in that situation before. 1999. Les Ferdinand nearly fucked it up, before sanity (and United) prevailed.

Edited by SuperBacon
Treble treble your hair is a mess