Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

I don't think there's ever been a sustained tactical call that's infuriated me more than Colwill at left back. What does Poch think he's seeing every week? I instinctively smiled when I saw an actual LB ready to come on before I realised he was going elsewhere. Nothing gets in the way of Operation Turn A Top Centre Back Prospect Into Dan Burn.

37 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

I don't think there's ever been a sustained tactical call that's infuriated me more than Colwill at left back. What does Poch think he's seeing every week? I instinctively smiled when I saw an actual LB ready to come on before I realised he was going elsewhere. Nothing gets in the way of Operation Turn A Top Centre Back Prospect Into Dan Burn.

The man once played Son at LWB in a cup semi final. He's a lemon worshipping prick*

*Forgive me Father.

• Paid Members

I got to go to the Ipswich vs Sunderland game yesterday as our friends’ 16-year-old son supports Sunderland and has never seen them play. His mum and dad don’t care much for football so they asked if I’d take him and I gladly obliged.

We managed to get tickets from a Facebook group, some bloke couldn’t go and was only asking face value. As luck would have it, the tickets were 2 seats away from the travelling fans and so he at least felt part of the Sunderland support.

The game was a sellout but my god was it quiet. If the Sunderland fans hadn’t been in good voice all game (they were great all afternoon to be fair) it would’ve been even more dull.

The game was poor too, with both teams struggling to do much in the final third.

Pierre Ekwah for the Mackems looked decent, but if either side find themselves going up, I can’t imagine good things.

Had a great day out though, I’ll always take a trip to the footy if it’s going spare. 

Edited by Scratch

• Paid Members
On 1/13/2024 at 4:11 PM, SuperBacon said:

Now THIS is how you protest effectively.

I followed Reading home and away for five years in my teens. The club is very special and I’ve met lots of great people through it. So at the moment my social media is full of friends in utter desperation with what’s happening. I saw this today which is really cool 

62C9DD01-ED05-4ED0-BB73-448BE1D68F5B.thumb.jpeg.75892d0c8287d5684dfc4b5c9615395d.jpeg

A friend said they are £60m in debt (whether that’s true or not I don’t know), and the owner Dai Yongge has killed two clubs already. Presumably more points deductions on the way too so relegation likely.

This is a club that was in the Premiership ten years ago, it’s such a sad situation for the club and the town as a whole

Thursday 18th January, 2024;

We regret to announce that Nuneaton Borough FC will be withdrawing from this season's Southern Central Premier League. 

Despite the dedicated efforts of our sponsors and officials, the club faces insurmountable challenges in maintaining operations.

Our legal advisors have confirmed that the offer put forward to purchase Liberty Way will not be considered, and no new lease will be given to any entity.

Unfortunately, armed with this information our future investors have had to withdraw any future support.

Furthermore, without additional investment or new investors to provide financial support, the club is unable to continue trading.

In light of these circumstances, we are now considering the liquidation process. 

This decision comes with a heavy heart, and we deeply appreciate the unwavering support from our loyal fans and the football community during this challenging time.

————-

Thats a shame. There were some lovely moments of solidarity from other clubs who had financial hardships helping out any way they could. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
On 1/13/2024 at 5:17 PM, CleetusVanDamme said:

I try to think of it as playing a back 3 with whoever's on the left wing at LWB. It helps me process, because I'm totally with you.

• Paid Members
On 12/23/2023 at 8:45 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

IMG_0779.thumb.jpeg.3a6152ee32511d23a9c60533f9e64f46.jpeg

Corkhill please. Another three points dropped tonight takes us to 21 lost from winning positions this season. That’s one more point than we’re on.

Also, fuck you Toney you cheating cunt.

Edited by Wretch

• Paid Members
Just now, SuperBacon said:

Didn't see the game, what did he do?

Moved the ball just before he scored from the free kick. Yes, I know that’s a shambles of a wall and our keeper is shite, but still. 

Millions and millions on thirty odd players, breaching FFP in the process and we still don’t have a decent goalie. Rotten.