Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
On 12/19/2023 at 5:38 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm sure Forest fans will be doubly delighted - losing the manager they vocally backed, to be replaced by the man who plays the dullest football on the planet. Merry Christmas!

Sam Allardyce? 

On 12/20/2023 at 5:12 PM, David said:

The appointment of Nuno

Oh. 

12 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Lovely that. Jurgen was absolutely brilliant throughout. Sometimes you watch these videos and the meet and greet parts feel really short and rushed - Jurgen gave him the time of day and physically pushed him around in his chair. A lovely, lovely watch. 

I loved him saying how he likes being called Kloppo since college because Jurgen isn’t a nice name, or “Yeargun” as he’s called here. Marvellous 

• Paid Members

West Ham are on a mad one. One minute they're flying, the next minute they get a couple of spankings, then they're flying again and into the top 6 as it stands. What a job David Moyes has done there. 

I genuinely don't think the football they play is that bad either. This notion of playing a certain way does baffle me slightly and I think it's largely a persona trait when it comes to a manager - they get tarred with a certain brush. I know they were on the defensive last night for the most part, but they always put together some good passages of play and they've got some tidy players. 

Rice giving away a penalty at the end in front of the Hammers fans, couldn't make it up. 

• Paid Members

[double post wanker, sorry]

13 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Betting on Spurs? You idiot. 

I almost had a flutter on them but decided against it at the last minute. Wise move. 

Does anyone else have any weird rules they've set themselves when putting together their bet slips/accas when it comes to certain teams? Some of mine - 

• Never add Norwich to the slip. They'll only let you down, or if you have them on a BTTS acca, you're openly willing another team to score against them. 
  • Barnsley - 'Never bet on the Dingles' as a friend once told me. Twice they've been the only team left for me on an acca not to do the business. 
  • Ipswich - Similar to my reasons about Norwich. 
  • Northampton/Cambridge/Leyton Orient - I nearly always look out for these three teams and who they are playing and nine times out of ten, no matter how good or how shit they are playing in terms of form, they nearly always come through for me. Northampton and Leyton Orient once came through for me in the same match with the score at 0-0 deep into injury time. Goals in the 95th and 98th minutes gave me a lovely Brucie Bonus. 

• Paid Members

The job Moyes has done this season after they didn't directly replace Rice is remarkable. But the stink of his United run (a lot of which is no fault of his own) means that he's always going to be one of those managers that fanbases will always be looking for excuses to fuck off.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

[double post wanker, sorry]

I almost had a flutter on them but decided against it at the last minute. Wise move. 

Does anyone else have any weird rules they've set themselves when putting together their bet slips/accas when it comes to certain teams? Some of mine - 

• Never add Norwich to the slip. They'll only let you down, or if you have them on a BTTS acca, you're openly willing another team to score against them. 
  • Barnsley - 'Never bet on the Dingles' as a friend once told me. Twice they've been the only team left for me on an acca not to do the business. 
  • Ipswich - Similar to my reasons about Norwich. 
  • Northampton/Cambridge/Leyton Orient - I nearly always look out for these three teams and who they are playing and nine times out of ten, no matter how good or how shit they are playing in terms of form, they nearly always come through for me. Northampton and Leyton Orient once came through for me in the same match with the score at 0-0 deep into injury time. Goals in the 95th and 98th minutes gave me a lovely Brucie Bonus. 
  • Never back Forest. I'm sure that most will have a rule though about never sticking their own team down on an acca, out of bad luck or for fear of jinxing it more than anything else probably. We are shite though, so solid advice. 
  • Never, ever back the 12:30 kick offs on an acca. As a one off result, maybe, but never on an acca.
  • If doing a BTTS, half my acca are teams from Scotland, particularly the Championship, League 1 & 2. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that a lot of the time, they mostly all come in. Check out these from just before Christmas: 
Spoiler

SCOTTISH LEAGUE ONE

• Cove Rangers 1 Alloa Athletic 2
  • Hamilton Academical 1 Falkirk 3
  • Kelty Hearts 0 Montrose 1
  • Queen of the South 3 Edinburgh City 1
  • Stirling Albion 1 Annan Athletic 1

SCOTTISH LEAGUE TWO

• Elgin City 0 The Spartans 4
  • Forfar Athletic 2 Dumbarton 4
  • Peterhead 2 Clyde 1
  • Stenhousemuir 2 East Fife 1
  • Stranraer 3 Bonnyrigg Rose 1

• Birmingham City, Bolton and Tranmere. Never come in for me so avoid them like the plague. Also, similar to your Barnsley Dingles rule, I never go for Notts Co. or Mansfield. 

Edited by Wretch

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The job Moyes has done this season after they didn't directly replace Rice is remarkable. But the stink of his United run (a lot of which is no fault of his own) means that he's always going to be one of those managers that fanbases will always be looking for excuses to fuck off.

Yeah, there's a lot of West Ham fans who are almost pissed off when he gets a result or two, because they know it'll keep him around longer.

This is absolutely fantastic. 

This is about Osasuna and Navarra, and is half history lesson and football documentary.

Copa 90 can sometimes be a bit too 'Mundial' (and that's from someone who actually subscribes to Mundial magazine!) but their docs are always brilliant, and Eli Mengem is a great presenter.

If you've never seen their Derby Days docs, do so, especially the Boca - River one.