Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

I think there an argument both ways. The point of contact could be considered to endanger the safety of the Palace player but equally there's not a huge amount of pace and Calvert-Lewin doesn't seem to have lost control. On that basis it was wrong for VAR to come in because it was a subjective call and not a clear and obvious error for me. 

Southampton 4-0 Walsall in the cup today with the 10yo.

Cannot remember the last time I had such good seats for a football game. Probably when a mate leant me her season tickets so I and a United supporting mate at Fulham could go and Rio Ferdinand had to ask me to get up to let him pass and SAF was closer to me that I could smell his gum.

spacer.png

10yo was absolutely delighted as when we've been before and are towards an end, she gets a bit lost if the game is down the other end so this was superb and we had a great view.

spacer.png

Saints good value for the win, should've been a lot more but there was some hilariously shit finishing, Ryan Fraser played like Pele, and I was really impressed with Sam Amo-Ameyaw who Spurs let go a couple of years back. 

Nice to see a couple of youngsters make their debuts too. Walsall fans were in great voice, apart from "You're just a bus stop in Portsmouth" which just doesn't work. Different city lads.

£20 for the pair of us. Can't complain. Eastleigh still in the draw as well. Good day for the Hampshire lot.

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Walsall fans were in great voice, apart from "You're just a bus stop in Portsmouth" which just doesn't work. Different city lads.

Always used to be amused when visiting fans would try to taunt the Norwich faithful with "You're just a small town in Ipswich". That's a whole other county.

• Paid Members

I went to St Mary's with my Burnley supporting mate many years ago, when Southampton were on the verge of being relegated to League One. We were in the away end, and so were a bunch of Portsmouth fans who'd come on the off chance that their rivals would be relegated on the day, because they wanted to be there to see it happen. Marvellous. Saints did lose that day, but I can't remember if they were mathematically relegated or not. 

Ah shit, Franz Beckenbauer passed.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/08/franz-beckenbauer-world-cup-winning-captain-and-manager-dies-aged-78

A fantastic player, a great manager (even if I didn't like him for denying my Diego a second in 1990) and just a giant of world football.

If you're synonymous with a particular position so much that it's name checked in honour of you, yeah you were pretty good.

Posted (edited)

Not sure why you’re bemused. Spurs is the home of Chelsea rejects. The fact he was shit at Chelsea then went back to his former club and couldn’t get a game doesn’t come in to it. On the plus side him and Nunez should keep you in fancy coffee’s and exotic snack foods for a while with an 5+ offsides multi match bet builder.

Also, that song will only conjure one image from now on and it’s nothing to do with Werner or Sophie Ellis Bexter.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

I'll be honest, I'm very bemused by us signing Werner (trust Ange though) but this has swayed me. 

I'm all in. 

Jesus, that's legitimately awful.