Emergency Alert test: Sunday, 23rd April

I was undertaking a particularly tricky high speed corner and thought my car was about to shit the bed.  

I just filled in the questionnaire about it, and in relation to driving it asked if I had pulled over to read the alert (the implication being this is desired behaviour).  I don’t think they’ve thought through what would happen if a motorway full of cars all simultaneously try and pull over onto the hard shoulder.

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

I was undertaking a particularly tricky high speed corner and thought my car was about to shit the bed.  

Lambos can be hard to handle.

Edit: Some people said they had a voice with theirs, so I assume that would cover people that are driving etc

No point if not everyone gets that though is there?

Edited by SuperBacon

33 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

It was so fucking loud I just pressed ok asap to get it to stop making noise. So I've no idea what it said.

Mine wasn't at all loud, but surely it has nothing to do with the volume on your phone being higher than mine at the time of the alert, otherwise there is no point in it at all.

• Paid Members

I turned mine off ahead of time but also sat on my phone at 2:59 in case I'd done it wrong because I didn't want it to alarm my daughter. I feel like they didn't factor neuro-divergent people into this thing at all but what's new.