AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

I see some journalists have been emailing Brent Council to ask for numbers on this. This will never end. Just say it was "over" 75k and be done with it.

Jesus Christ. Go outside and touch some grass as my kids would say.

Yeah he picked up on my FOI. He’s actually done his first bit of journalism but asking if my email was legit. But then things got weird IMG_2034.thumb.jpeg.faee1a81d14f3c6b3c521c3f80bd2b5d.jpegIMG_2035.thumb.jpeg.48fb20d66c0f6a02f4e994e0720f79bc.jpeg

So, 81,035 was AEW’s paid attendance. Brandon estimated 83k somehow, but accepts the total from Brent from the same person who gave one person 73k for turnstile numbers but gave me 85k for scanned tickets and their response was I dunno, ask Wembley. Basically Brent appear to be making up numbers on a whim

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Imagine being the poor sod at Brent Council having to deal with this.

Yeah this was my thought too. That's the head of environment and whoever the hell he's getting to actually check this information. The London Borough of Brent presumably has other things to be getting on with. FOIs are a pain in the arse at the best of times when they're being used for stuff like this.

• 1 month later...