AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

Had a blast at All In. One of the most amazing experiences of my life!

Something I've been wondering; we were in one of the top tiers, right by one of the big screens. Some stage hands unfurled 6 massive 'House of Black' banners right in front of us.

Have they ever used these on TV before? They didn't seem to be acknowledged in the arena and I didn't spot them on the broadcast. Seems a funny waste of time and money to not even show them on camera. They looked cool, so a shame as well.Ā 

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Merzbow said:

He's had an eye issue that had gotten bad again, didn't he? He seemed to have bags of potential when he was first showing up on TV though, a real charismatic lad.

His eye needed work at some point, but unless he had another surgery I'm not aware of, it's been a long time since then. There were some visa issues that kept him out of the US for a while, but as far as I know that's all resolved too. He filmed vignettes for his comeback in London back in January, and obviously "plans changed" because AEW never used them.Ā 

18 minutes ago, Ro_y Disco said:

Had a blast at All In. One of the most amazing experiences of my life!

Something I've been wondering; we were in one of the top tiers, right by one of the big screens. Some stage hands unfurled 6 massive 'House of Black' banners right in front of us.

Have they ever used these on TV before? They didn't seem to be acknowledged in the arena and I didn't spot them on the broadcast. Seems a funny waste of time and money to not even show them on camera. They looked cool, so a shame as well.Ā 

Yeah we spotted them right above our block. Would have been brilliant to have them unfurled from the roof or more of them around the stadium to give it that 'old school gladiatorial arena' feel.

23 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Out of curiosity, did you have to foot the all the bills for now and claim it back later, or did the airline take care of it upfront? I was stressed enough just thinking about all that being possible for a few hours on Monday.

It's Ryanair so it's complicated as you'd imagineĀ 

I kept all receipts and claimed for expenses through Ryanairs websiteĀ 

Made a mess and booked another flight because I couldn't get the 'free flight change' to work and customer chat told me 'nope can't refund you, you should of contacted us'Ā 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Healy52003 said:

Made a mess and booked another flight because I couldn't get the 'free flight change' to work and customer chat told me 'nope can't refund you, you should of contacted us'Ā 

I'm appalled at that from their chat. But probably not for the reason you are.

https://x.com/catchnewz/status/1697569813525115089?s=46
Ā 

Not sure that the Punk rating isnā€™t a slightly vindictive one, but here are Meltzerā€™s All In ratings:

- MJF + Cole vs Aussie Open : 2.75
- HOOK vs Jack Perry : 3.25
- CM Punk vs Samoa Joe : 3.5
- Golden Elite vs Jay White, Juice Robinson + Konosuke Takeshita : 4.5
- FTR vs Young Bucks : 4.75
- Stadium Stampede Match : 4.5
- Hikaru Shida vs Saraya vs Toni Storm vs Britt Baker : 2.75
- Christian Cage + Swerve Strickland vs Darby Allin + Sting : 4.25
- Will Ospreay vs Chris Jericho : 4.75
- The Acclaimed vs House of Black : 2.5
- MJF vs Adam Cole : 4.5

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

InsertĀ 5 stars in the Tokyo DomeĀ joke here.Ā 

5 stars in the Tokyo Dome these days from Dave wouldĀ stillĀ have people not sure what more they could have done.