Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted September 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 1, 2025 I do enjoy all the racists putting up the flag of a Saint from Greece/Turkey who never came to this country. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 1, 2025 27 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: I do enjoy all the racists putting up the flag of a Saint from Greece/Turkey who never came to this country. Alright, Man Behaving Dadly. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted September 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 1, 2025 45 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: Alright, Man Behaving Dadly. Genuinely no idea who or what that is. I try and stay away from immigration debates online in general. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted September 1, 2025 Posted September 1, 2025 At this point you could tell me that Starmer has been sent to infiltrate Labour, to destroy the party. And I might actually start believing it. Quote
Chico Torres Posted September 1, 2025 Posted September 1, 2025 1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said: At this point you could tell me that Starmer has been sent to infiltrate Labour, to destroy the party. And I might actually start believing it. That actually happened in 1994 when Tony Blair became leader of the Labour Party. Also the Union Jack and the England flag have been symbols of racism for decades. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 2, 2025 Members Posted September 2, 2025 This is absolutely embarrassing. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 2, 2025 "That'll put crosses on ballots." Following the monumental disappointment this week of Corbyn/Sultana appointing that anti-LGBTQ cunt Hussain, I'm glad to have a party I can at least consider voting for that actually comes close to representing my politics. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 2, 2025 21 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Also if these people love their country so much, join the army. This is the thing - not necessarily the army, but actually framing it in terms of "loving our country". These people don't love our country, they fucking hate it. They never stop complaining about it. When someone starts banging on about "our cultural heritage", I want to say to them, "what are you doing about it?". Are they taking up Morris dancing? Volunteering for the National Trust? No, they're just painting flags on shit and doing a racism. I've regularly in recent months seen Eliza Carthy attacked as "anti-English". That would be Eliza Carthy MBE, President of the English Folk Song & Dance Society, part of a family who have done more to keep English folk traditions alive, and to popularise them, than just about anyone. But she's "anti-English" because she works with refugees and isn't a frothing at the mouth bigot. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 2, 2025 Members Posted September 2, 2025 Bit left field and bear with me here, but I'm always reminded of the lyrics from a Boysetsfire intro (I did say bear with me) where it says "If you love this country, take it back from those that would destroy it! Protest is patriotism!" which I would tend to agree with. Problem is, its not co opted from the side that its meant for. The country probably does need "taking back" but from the corporations, capitalists, tax dodgers, corrupt cunts and privatisation that has fucked us for decades, not innocent people seeking asylum. Excuse me, I'm off to read some Chomsky and watch Roger & Me Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted September 4, 2025 Posted September 4, 2025 I'll post this in the MMA thread as well, but this deserves a wide an audience as possible in the hope that ridicule can topple the mighty political phenomenon that is... Conor McGregor. https://www.instagram.com/reel/DOLMxB7jbst/?igsh=eHhnMWttOHB0bGZo Funniest, dumbest shit I've ever seen. Top three moments for me are: 1) the car honking it's horn towards the end 2) his pronunciation of the word 'nationwide' 3) the old fella walking past unawares, like he's on the hunt for a nice cheese and onion roll. Bonus points too for the way he puffed his chest up between every sentence. What a wally. I get there's some pretty serious, unfunny social issues underpinning the rise of these dickheads... but in a vacuum this is hilarious. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted September 4, 2025 Moderators Posted September 4, 2025 I didn't realise it was a prayer until the end, what a twist! (Sorry, spoilers). Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 4, 2025 (edited) The sheer dishonesty of that rapist, Trump-supporting, right-wing pissflap to cite Pearse in his bullshit. Edited September 4, 2025 by Carbomb Quote
The Gaffer Posted September 4, 2025 Posted September 4, 2025 Of all the Irish athletes the British press has tried to claim, can you all please just take this one off our hands? We don't want him. Quote
Paid Members DCW Posted September 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 4, 2025 The Irish president is basically a ceremonial/statesman role, the office has no real power. All they basically do is have tea with visiting dignitaries and shake hands at public events. I know McGregor is too stupid to understand that, but you would have thought one of his yes men might have sat down and told him. He'll not get the required nominations to run anyway. It would be political suicide for normal politicians to support a rapist, racist cokehead and hardly any of the 'Ireland for the Irish' headbangers won seats in the last local or national elections, thankfully. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 4, 2025 (edited) 50 minutes ago, DCW said: The Irish president is basically a ceremonial/statesman role, the office has no real power. All they basically do is have tea with visiting dignitaries and shake hands at public events. I know McGregor is too stupid to understand that, but you would have thought one of his yes men might have sat down and told him. He'll not get the required nominations to run anyway. It would be political suicide for normal politicians to support a rapist, racist cokehead and hardly any of the 'Ireland for the Irish' headbangers won seats in the last local or national elections, thankfully. I was given to understand that the Irish system was a sort of cut-and-paste of the British parliamentary system's structure, and that the president had similar powers to the monarch here -dissolution of parliament, and vetoing legislation or sending it back for review? I remember reading there was a president in the 70s who actually used the latter following some sort of constitutional crisis. Basically, however little or limited, no power or authoritah should ever be handed to that fucker. EDIT: Sorry, should also add that I do appreciate he's not likely to get anywhere. He's a nonce, a drug-abuser, a racist, and an assaulter of elderly people, and people saw him for what he was years ago. Edited September 4, 2025 by Carbomb Gary Mabbutt Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.