d-d-d-dAz Posted September 6, 2025 Posted September 6, 2025 It does give me hope that Reform will collapse in on itself, as these grifters aren't going to line up behind one person for long. The psychology of a politician writing and performing their own entrance theme for a conference speech suggests they're probably not going to handle being a support part for long. I think it'll be quite fun watching Farage getting slowly sucked back into the circus by the clowns he's surrounded himself with. He'll be eating donkey nobs on I'm a celebrity again in no time. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 6, 2025 Members Posted September 6, 2025 Enjoyed this piece from Jeremy Corbyn. https://tribunemag.co.uk/2025/09/labour-is-paving-the-path-to-fascism Absolutely spot on as usual. Quote
westlondonmist Posted September 6, 2025 Posted September 6, 2025 It's quite sad that she's lauded as a hero, but let's be honest it's no surprise. Reform voters are cunts, I'm related to some, they're cunts too. I do think that they will struggle to gain more popularity than they already have though. In the long run I think having a long list of tories will bite them in the arse. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted September 6, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 6, 2025 8 minutes ago, westlondonmist said: I do think that they will struggle to gain more popularity than they already have though. In the long run I think having a long list of tories will bite them in the arse. 11 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: Still, at least Reform are showing why they might not actually be taken seriously by the time it gets to election time. State of this nonsense. 10 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: It does give me hope that Reform will collapse in on itself, as these grifters aren't going to line up behind one person for long. Honestly I fucking hope you guys are right. But I think they will do upsettingly well, unless something massive happens in the next year or two. They have pretty much 2 things on their agenda, getting rid of immigrants, and getting rid of 'woke', and the idiots who vote them in dont give a damn about anything else. Quote
westlondonmist Posted September 6, 2025 Posted September 6, 2025 (edited) 13 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said: Honestly I fucking hope you guys are right. But I think they will do upsettingly well, unless something massive happens in the next year or two. They have pretty much 2 things on their agenda, getting rid of immigrants, and getting rid of 'woke', and the idiots who vote them in dont give a damn about anything else. They will probably do okay but I can see them walking into some sort of scandal. I think the media like them for clicks and what not but don't actually want them in power and I think they have the power to stop it. I also think their vote will be heavily split and also party members and votes are not the same thing. Labour have had more members than the tories during the 4 elections they came out on top. I also think Labour will have a new leader, probably the Tories too. No clue who could be Labour leader though really. Edit: If they did win they would struggle with the Lords at every corner. Edited September 6, 2025 by westlondonmist Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 6, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 6, 2025 Honestly, when you look at the way politics has gone over the last decade, how the logical, reasoned expectations have so often been proved wrong, how it seems like the gods have just decided to bet with each other to see how much further into the gutter society can fall, I really have no faith at all in any kind of assertion that Reform won't do well at the next election, or even that they won't be the next government. At this point, it just seems like the only thing that will flush this tide of effluent is some big, cataclysmic event, like a war, revolution, or disaster. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted September 6, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 6, 2025 3 hours ago, westlondonmist said: I can see them walking into some sort of scandal. Yep. Trouble is that the voters just dont care. I've seen it on a local level, as well as reactions on news stories on social media. Quote
deathrey Posted September 6, 2025 Posted September 6, 2025 Similar to what others have said, I've resigned myself to the fact that Reform are likely to win the next election and the country has far more closet racists than I ever could possibly imagine. The last month has not been fun as a none white person living in the UK. I had completely underestimated the privilege I had lived under for the vast majority of my life where I didn't feel paranoid every time I stepped out in public - sure there was always an unwritten pressure to go that extra mile just so people wouldn't make assumptions about you but I was never paranoid like I am now. My town is covered in bloody flags, I don't even like walking to the local Sainsbury's on my own any more and it's 5 minutes down the road. I now have so much of a better understanding of the things my parents used to say to me in the 80s and 90s when they kept us very sheltered due to the racism they had experience in the 70s and 80s. The world feels very bleak at the moment and politically we are sleepwalking in to an apocalypse. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted September 7, 2025 Moderators Posted September 7, 2025 Feel exactly the same way as you. And as I said to my wife, if we're feeling it this badly in London then I can only imagine how bad it must be everywhere else in the country. We have been talking seriously about getting out of the country now; I don't know how realistic it is, but I think we have to try. Quote
deathrey Posted September 7, 2025 Posted September 7, 2025 7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: Feel exactly the same way as you. And as I said to my wife, if we're feeling it this badly in London then I can only imagine how bad it must be everywhere else in the country. We have been talking seriously about getting out of the country now; I don't know how realistic it is, but I think we have to try. I have thought exactly the same thing. No idea where we would go though but I don't want to be here anymore Canada seems the most realistic option but no idea how we would make it work logistically. It's not easy to uproot a whole life Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted September 7, 2025 Moderators Posted September 7, 2025 Yeah I think for us BC or Dubai are the most realistic options. Vancouver much preferred, but harder for us to find work in our sectors. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 7, 2025 Members Posted September 7, 2025 1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said: I can only imagine how bad it must be everywhere else in the country Was with members of the Afghan community last week down here, and yeah it's really grim at the moment. Southampton and Portsmouth are generally quite OK places to be, very multicultural as you can imagine for two places that have a long history of immigration, but lately feel off as other places do. Just in case anyone isn't aware, the majority of people who came over on the resettlement scheme are people who helped the British government/military over in Afghanistan. So you have people who have helped our country, been invited over to rebuild their lives, and are still getting shit off idiots. Imagine helping out the British government against the Taliban, being told thanks you can come and stay here, and then being told to fuck off you're not welcome when you get here. You'd be devastated. I saw something last week where some cunt was moaning about the gurkhas in Aldershot. The fucking GURKHAS! "Oh they take up a quarter of the population there" And? They can take up 100% of the population for all I care. The majority of the work that I do is supporting communities into work, training etc. Even the Ukrainian community, previously seen by these knuckle draggers as "the right type of refugee" (read, white) are being targeted and feel threatened. Again, they are referred to not as refugees or immigrants, but guests. As in, we've invited them over to rebuild their lives here. As guests. To our country. And now look at what's happening. And the majority of the blame for this bullshit lays directly with the government. When you're creating adverts and wording targeting people and appeasing the right, you're complicit. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted September 7, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 7, 2025 The flag shagger I posted before who moved in the house at the back of me and has a full size flagpole in his back garden now has a massive USA Flag with 9/11 NEVER FORGET on it. The neighbour a few houses down has been inspired to get his own flagpole but his has a USA flag with a massive bald eagle on it. Pair of fucking losers. The Union Jack and England flags are duplicating around the town as well, regardless of area. Don’t know why anyone would be proud of a country that does stupid passive aggressive shit like this, nor of the USA. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 7, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 7, 2025 What's stupid about the whole flag thing is that it's a very American import to this country; historically, it wasn't culturally a very British thing to do, not even for nationalists. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.