AEW Rampage Thread 2023

Merzbow

My main takeaways from this show are that I’d really like to see Jeff Jarrett and Sting get more time on Dynamite. In fact, I’d like to see both get singles pushes. The idea of - for example - Jeff Jarrett wrestling Jon Mosley or Bryan Danielson feels so bizarre that I’d love to see it.

They’d also be missing a huge opportunity if they didn’t have Sting feud with MJF over the title at some point. The culmination of the storyline could always be a match between MJF and Darby for the belt, but Sting challenging for the World title one more time/one last time by would feel like a massive deal.

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

He was definitely a shining light in a very poor show, with Jericho once again part of one of the companies very worst segments.

Was that more the Impractical Jokers guys? Everytime I've seen a snippet of them they have go away heat and leave you with the feeling that cholera would be amusing than watching that show. 

1 hour ago, Tsurutagun said:

Was that more the Impractical Jokers guys? Everytime I've seen a snippet of them they have go away heat and leave you with the feeling that cholera would be amusing than watching that show. 

Yeah, they were trying so hard to make a small penis joke work but no one was having it.

I guessed this would be the end this year. Then he did the interview/profile where he admitted 2023 is the end. I'm not ready for the retirement tour. Hoping they stretch it out to All Out.

Just stick the tag belts on them. Gunns, Kings of the Black Throne, Jarrett & Lethal, Butcher & Blade, go out to a Big Rig from FTR.

• Paid Members
On 2/11/2023 at 9:31 AM, Merzbow said:

The Butcher & The Blade deserve a better trios partner, where's Lance Archer?

Hell yes, this would be awesome. Great ideas like this are part of my consistent frustration with AEW booking - they have an amazing talent roster that they for the most part don't use to anywhere near their full potential. Teaming up Lance Archer with Butcher & The Blade is just an insanely obvious and great idea, you then put them in a 4 week feud with House of Black where they just murder each other. The simplest, easiest booking you could do. But instead House of Black barely turn up and when they do it's some stupid spooky video, Butcher & Blade are being wasted on Dark and Lance Archer is sitting at home doing fuck all. 

• Paid Members

Swerve/Dustin was a really good match. Swerve's punches look awful, but he's definitely got something special to him. Keith Lee returning and looking like the world's oldest man was a surprise. Dye that hair and bring the goatee back, Keith!

They announced that Tony Khan has a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT on Dynamite. Hopefully he's announcing he's bringing in some writers to sort the booking out.