AEW Rampage Thread 2023

Merzbow

It was cute seeing Mei Suruga maybe getting a little more physical then she should, Excalibur calling her by a completely different person's* name was funny, too. He got a little ribbing on Twitter for that.

Ā 

*It's an alter ego but shush.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Am I missing something with Emi Sakura (last week's Rampage, I'm a week behind)? I get that she's a big name etc etc but she just seemed to refuse to sell for Hayter. Made the match really disjointed and the finish unrealistic.Ā 

21 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Am I missing something with Emi Sakura (last week's Rampage, I'm a week behind)? I get that she's a big name etc etc but she just seemed to refuse to sell for Hayter. Made the match really disjointed and the finish unrealistic.Ā 

It was meant to be like that, kind of a classic Joshi match with the old teacher being beat by a former student type thing. I thought it was a brilliant hard hitting match but I said in a previous post I could totally see it not clicking with many.

Oh, it's also a rematch from Pro Wrestling EVE which hardly anyone would have seen.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Perfectly fun episode of wrestling. Almost hilarious how bad Brian Pillman Jnr is at wrestling. He's been doing this for six years now and still can't tell his arse from his elbow, he just wanders around completely lost. The ultimate nepo baby. I love Swerve, but him hanging around with those nazi lads just doesn't feel right. Everything else was very decent. I really like watching Rush hurt people, he's a vicious man.

Edited by LaGoosh

On 2/4/2023 at 9:29 PM, LaGoosh said:

The ultimate nepo baby. I love Swerve, but him hanging around with those nazi lads just doesn't feel right.

I don't mind the grouping at all. Trench and Boudreaux feel like horrible, grubby bastards and that's exactly the image Swerve is brilliant at projecting. He comes across as an unpleasant, nasty person in a far more natural way than MJF does right now. For that reason, their team works. Working with Swerve is about as good a chance as any for either of them to succeed and improve as wrestlers.Ā 

On 2/4/2023 at 9:29 PM, LaGoosh said:

Almost hilarious how bad Brian Pillman Jnr is at wrestling. He's been doing this for six years now and still can't tell his arse from his elbow, he just wanders around completely lost.

He's abysmal. It's a shame, as he comes across as a really nice person.Ā 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

He's abysmal. It's a shame, as he comes across as a really nice person.Ā 

The man who wore a Cancel Cancel culture Hoody and is an All Lives Matter guy? Mainly though, here he is defending his friend from SA allegations.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The man who wore a Cancel Cancel culture Hoody and is an All Lives Matter guy? Mainly though, here he is defending his friend from SA allegations.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ooft, I didn't know about that. I was going by the Pillman Dark Side of the Ring documentary...but yeah, that's not great.Ā 

35 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Poor Griff, he deserves the TV time far more than Pillman.

Agreed, although he has one of the most jobberific names in wrestling.Ā 

Hello!
Ā 

I haven't seen the match, but I'm all in for this team based on this promo. Ā If FTR are the Brainbusters throwback, this looks more like a cokey 80s power wrestler throwback.

Edit: wrong thread but I'm the youngest man alive, so.

Edited by Loki