AEW Rampage Thread 2023

Merzbow

If I remember right his most recent extension was only for the year. He's trying to get to 50 years in wrestling.

On his most recent podcast he mentioned he's intending to miss the Winnipeg tapings as it would involved 3 flights to get there. The leg/foot is still giving him bother and it's too much.

Now i'm trying to remind myself who did commentary at the last PPV. As i'm worried he'll be back in the rotation tonight, which I'd rather didn't happen.

Why it's hard to care about Rampage. Action Andretti v. Sammy Guevera...again.

-------------

Thank you Keith Lee, packing off Trench & Parker. Please be permanent.

And the Reach For The Sky Ladder match is going to be a lot more fun than a dragged out tournament.

Edited by Infinity Land

• Paid Members

Jim Ross being, “on assignment,” felt like when our family dog, “went to live on a farm.” Chinny reckon. Someone finally just put him out of his misery. Good riddance. Big Show was far superior. Actually sounded like he wanted to be there, rather than sulkily picking holes in everything.

6 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Jim Ross being, “on assignment,” felt like when our family dog, “went to live on a farm.” 

Mentioning JR and dogs in the same sentence makes me wonder / hope if his assignment involves him being in the sack when the hammers get used. 

4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Jim Ross being, “on assignment,” felt like when our family dog, “went to live on a farm.” Chinny reckon. Someone finally just put him out of his misery. Good riddance. Big Show was far superior. Actually sounded like he wanted to be there, rather than sulkily picking holes in everything.

He said on his podcast the other week that he wouldn't be in Winnipeg as there was too much travel involved. His foot/leg still gives him trouble. If that's the case he might miss some of the announced Canada shows in the summer, Edmonton/Regina.

Yeah Big Show was just fine. Was another just fine episode, no real talking points for me. Brodie King is entertainment, could be Vaders son. Guess it’s House of Black to go down the Jericho vortex next. Does Julia Hart wrestle anymore? Felt she was more suited to her cheerleader character, she’s not spooky nor have a believable mean streak. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

He said on his podcast the other week that he wouldn't be in Winnipeg as there was too much travel involved. His foot/leg still gives him trouble. If that's the case he might miss some of the announced Canada shows in the summer, Edmonton/Regina.

Just let us live....even if it's only for a week. 

Impressed at Fenix talking Hobbs through the whole match, constantly telling him to slow down and sell the match story.  There was a bit early on where Hobbs threw him into the barricade and then kept trying to pick him up, and Fenix was waving him away.

It makes you realise that Hobbs v Wardlow might have suffered because they are both still really green.

Why is Fenix's manager dressed as Freddie Mercury?