TNA… Cross the Line again

garynysmon

• Paid Members

11 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Jarrett said he wasn't asked to have any involvement with Impact 1000, either.

I’ve never been sure what the relationship is really. I’m sure I read somewhere that Jarrett owed D’amore money after that GFW fiasco and Jarrett’s exist in 2017 wasn’t exactly amicable.

Yet Impact produced Ric Flair’s last match and they seemed to be on good terms. Is any beef between Jarrett and higher ups, not sure?

It may well be a case of not even wanting to ask AEW in case the answer was no? Who knows.

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

they were finally starting to garner some semblance of respect as a wrestling company again

Behave!

I'm still making my way through the New-Gen podcast. Listening to an episode at the mo where they mentioned TNA becoming Global Force Wrestling. Stick that down in the massive pile of stuff I've forgotten ever happened.

I've had a friend tag me in a post saying I need to watch the osprey Vs bailey match which he has made the boldest statement ever and said it's better than his matches with omega which really seems bold but I was going to check it out and I'll watch tomorrow 

I mean they tried to rebranding and rebooting the promotion lots of times over the years didn't they reboot in 2014 angle was the gm brought back six sides done tapings in the Manhattan centre..then again in 2017 with Bruce Pritchard/Jeff Jarrett if I recall...I have watched TNA on and of for over 20 year going back to the tape trading days

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Its biggest issue has been visibility, both here and in the US. Once they left Spike and went to Destination America (?) and Pop, they lost a lot of the casuals. Same when Challenge went here and they got those weird TV deals. I know they are on DAZN now, but I don’t have Sky, and I know you can get the Impact App, but I pay less for AEW and get 3 shows a week. If there was a better to watch, I’d be more inclined to because @garynysmon you do make it seem worthwhile, so if there is a better way to watch let me know.

The easiest way is Impact Insiders on Youtube. Its £1.50 a month for the weekly shows or £4.99 including the monthly specials (pretty much In Your House type).

It also includes all the classic PPV’s but while not as extensive as Impact’s own streaming app (which has all the old weekly episodes too) I just find it so reliable and easy to use and can easily cast to the TV etc.

Impact this week will have Ospreay v Josh Alexander which should be worth 99p at least!

https://m.youtube.com/c/impactwrestling/membership

Edited by garynysmon

11 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Chuck me in as another one now interested now that they've branded back to TNA. Obviously TNA had it's flaws but they also had some really strong runs at different points. The run they were on before the Aces and 8s angle went to absolute shit was brilliant. They were putting out really strong TV every week full of great, logical angles for a time.

I've tried to watch Impact a few times but it's low budget look has really put me off. Hopefully with the re-brand and new production they're rolling out I can get back into it.

See, I don’t think it does look that low budget. Their pre tapes, and especially their ones they make into longer videos they make look top tier. Like the whole Undead realm stuff they did

Edited by Butch2000

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Butch2000 said:

See, I don’t think it does look that low budget. Their pre tapes, and especially their ones they make into longer videos they make look top tier. Like the whole Undead realm stuff they did

I think things have improved this year, there's been a gradual move to bigger venues and it looks so much better when the backdrop is fans in tiered seats rather than the main cam pointing at the big screen.

In fairness there have been some rough tapings when it looked and sounded like there was no one there.