TNA… Cross the Line again

garynysmon

18 hours ago, BomberPat said:

North run that venue in Newcastle, Wrestle Carnival run the Coventry venue. Chances are they're working with local promotions for the logistics and licensing side of it, and that's dictated their choice of venues.

North are working with Impact for that show. Alex Shelley vs Leon Slater? yes please!

So, Emergence.

TIME MACHINE & JOSH ALEXANDER AS A TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me as the best things in The wrestling get together and make me spunk. If it was a five man with Johnny Swinger I think I’d die of a heart attack.

Edited by Butch2000

On 7/28/2023 at 5:09 PM, Infinity Land said:

Does that mean that those behind ICW might be helping out for the Glasgow show?

It's possible, ICW have run the O2 Academy in Glasgow before. Or perhaps they've simply looked at where local promotions have run successfully, and based the locations they've chosen to run on that. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Loved the Swing Man’s pre match interview, legitimately one of my favourite characters in wrestling.

Haven’t caught all of the show yet as it went on a bit late despite being a Bank Holiday weekend, but from the early matches I’ve seen so far the lights really need sorting as the show came off pretty dark.

I notice they’ve added a second Coventry date on the Sunday so trying to figure out if I can make that one or not.

I also notice that Will Ospreay has been added to Bound for Glory, which is a week before the UK tour. I wonder if he shows up for that too?

Even if Bound for Glory wasn’t going to sell out before then it certainly is now.

Edited by garynysmon

The promotion is apparent winding down a bit towards the end of the year, using the British tapings for a lot of content before coming back with a new presentation budget next year. And fair play to impact, they’re going to pay the per night people to sit at home until new year.

it’s becoming a proper third promotion, and thank god for that 

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/impact-wrestling/impact-wrestling-reducing-tv-taping-schedule-due-to-massive-upgrades-to-production

more shows with AAA, NJPW and going to Las Vegas strip. Brilliant. And everyone back in January.

Despite that though, impact still makes mistakes…

Spoiler

Subbing out Swinger for Dreamer for Dreamer having one last shot at a title at BFG. No one likes Dreamer and everyone loves Swinger. Fucking dogshit.

Edited by Butch2000

• Paid Members

I imagine Lou D’Angeli (Sign Guy Dudley) is behind the Vegas Strip idea as he used to work in promotion for Circue Du Soleil before joining Impact, and marketing and ticket sales have certainly increased under his watch.

Bit the bullet and taking my 10 year old nephew to the Sunday Coventry show.

All the other kids going to Wembley for All In or the O2 for WWE and this poor sod ends up with an uncle like me.

6 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I imagine Lou D’Angeli (Sign Guy Dudley) is behind the Vegas Strip idea as he used to work in promotion for Circue Du Soleil before joining Impact, and marketing and ticket sales have certainly increased under his watch.

Bit the bullet and taking my 10 year old nephew to the Sunday Coventry show.

All the other kids going to Wembley for All In or the O2 for WWE and this poor sod ends up with an uncle like me.

I hope it's fun, they seem to be bringing decent names a long. I think tickets are a bit pricey to be honest. If they had done London I'd probably have gone .

• Paid Members

Coventry is too far really but I don’t really go to watch live wrestling at all and the size of the venue means even the GA seats are close to the ring.

I’ll probably regret it when I’m driving down on the Sunday, the day after an all day wedding and hungover as fuck…

• Paid Members

Will Ospreay added to the Newcastle date, which is now being taped for one of their monthly specials (basically In Your House PPVs outside of the 'big 4').

No idea if he'll be at Coventry and Glasgow too, but they're taping Impact episodes and a PPV here now so it seems that a full-ish crew is coming over.

The card for next week's Victory Road show is also starting to take shape.

* Impact Knockouts Championship Match: Trinity vs. Alisha Edwards
* Impact X Division Championship Match: Lio Rush vs. KUSHIDA
* Impact World Tag Team Championship Match: The Rascalz vs. The Motor City Machine Guns
* Impact Digital Media Championship Career vs. Title Match: Kenny King vs. Tommy Dreamer
* Anything Goes Match: PCO vs. Bully Ray
* Deonna Purrazzo vs. Jordynne Grace
* Jordynne Grace vs. Deonna Purrazzo
* Josh Alexander vs. Steve Maclin

Edited by garynysmon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Replying to myself again but really enjoyed Impact 1000. A nice mix of stars of yesteryear, a lot of Knockouts stuff and a truly belting main event between Savin and Llio Rush to finish it off.

Nice to see Team 3D again too, D-von’s looking better than I thought he would given his health issues.

The slightly bigger venue and a hot and well lit crowd also helped.

Yeah it was another decent show from wrestling's favourite easy ride, no-bullshit promotion. I thought the Knockouts segment started poor - the Beautiful People were never this stagey and unnatural were they? - but it eventually tailspun into one of the most ludicrous interruption segments in a long time, and just about everything else on the show delivered from there. Set everything up for next week nicely, too. 

Really looking forward to seeing what this increased production budget brings next year. Hopefully it's a full on soft relaunch. We've known how good it's been now for ages, but with the perception and fiscals pointing to wrestling more or less being in another apparent boom period of sorts, Impact really should be solidly positioning itself as distant-third-but-definitely-third in the way ECW was in the late 90s. 

Sometimes in wrestling the actual in ring product or the booking has to catch up to the fan momentum. With Impact it seems at times like they have everything but the energy it deserves surrounding it. It ought to be able to tap into that little-engine-that-can type fan fervour but the brand just became a total flat tire from years and years of lolTNA burnout and downscale. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK