TNA… Cross the Line again

garynysmon

• Paid Members

I’m pretty sure that Slammiversary was the biggest attended post-Anthem show they’ve had.

Enjoyable show I thought, which would have had more of an impact were it not almost impossible to get any night to yourself these days. (Fuck you Tony Khan, these Battle of the Belts are clashing too often now for it to be a coincidence).

Really shocked at some of the outcomes though, my predictions were well and truly off for most of the title defences.

9F636D02-43F2-4063-B046-76793ECD3D42.jpeg

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Vegeta said:

I really enjoyed slamiversary thought it was a great show all round. Even found myself watching the pre show.

I'm loving Joe hendrys work at present he's become quite the highlight each week.

I feel it was lacking maybe one other ‘great match’, with PPV’s being the only time I’m even remotely bothered about match quality.

But as per, a perfectly enjoyable watch and with so many title changes it seems like a bit of a reboot for the company.

It felt like a TNA show from days of yore due to the crowd being lit up, which makes a massive difference and Windsor is becoming a dependable and great little base for the company.

Great to see Eric Young back home.

I was genuinely expecting Aldis to capture the gold so not too sure he’ll be sticking around now.

Edit - It seems that Aldis’ short run is over.

He filled a gap in the main event scene until Josh Alexander was back, was mutually beneficial and he did business the right way. How could anyone complain?

Edited by garynysmon

10 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I feel it was lacking maybe one other ‘great match’, with PPV’s being the only time I’m even remotely bothered about match quality.

But as per, a perfectly enjoyable watch and with so many title changes it seems like a bit of a reboot for the company.

That’s one thing I really like about Impact, it’s consistently enjoyable and consistently fun. Even when there’s no ‘great match’, it’s hard not to have fun while watching their shows. The fact they achieve that with the roster that they have is pretty miraculous. I’m amazed that no bigger company has attempted to poach Scott D’Amore for his booking talent. He’s done such a great job. This is a company that deserves to be more visible.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I’m amazed that no bigger company has attempted to poach Scott D’Amore for his booking talent. He’s done such a great job. This is a company that deserves to be more visible.

He's done a tremendous job and doubt he'll ever have trouble finding employment. But if he went anywhere else now it would be a dramatic drop down the pecking order in terms of duties.

This isn't a Jeremy Borash level hiring.

He's an EVP within Anthem Sports and booking a nationally and internationally televised company. Clearly there are bigger companies out there but he would be answering to either VKM/HHH or Tony Khan in the event of any move. He's in a pretty good position really. 

I imagine he'll be at Impact for as long as he wants to be. He was clearly the most important hire of the D'amore/Callis duo.

18 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

That’s one thing I really like about Impact, it’s consistently enjoyable and consistently fun. Even when there’s no ‘great match’, it’s hard not to have fun while watching their shows. The fact they achieve that with the roster that they have is pretty miraculous.

I can't profess to being a huge fan of everyone on the roster, but its probably stronger overall than a company of Impact's size/reach has any right to have.

The turnover rate is remarkably small when you consider there are two much better paying companies in the United States alone, and wrestlers you'd have expected to leave are signing new deals more often than not. You also have the likes of Kaz and Eric Young who willingly walked away from deals elsewhere.

You hear enough wrestlers raving about the locker room and the backstage atmosphere to know that it must have something to it, and is probably a better overall package than the sum of its parts.

Personally I've never been arsed about the likes of Dreamer or Sami Callihan but when you hear of others saying what integral parts they are backstage, I just accept it as it is and figure their presence is probably for the greater good and helping people I actually do enjoy to stick around.

I wouldn't say it a poor or even average roster though tbh.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

It always feels like the people in Impact are doing what they want to do, as opposed to what they're being told to do by creative, or at the very least they get a lot more input in their stuff than it seems they'd have elsewhere. 

• Paid Members

@garynysmon you need to get TK out your head lad, the PPV was up against the first 2 hours of Collision and the BOTB (which normally does a lower rating than any other content anyway), i'm pretty sure it's a network decision at this point.

Otherwise, I am looking forward to catching up with this. My mate watched the first half last night and said it was really enjoyable. Is it on Impact+ or only on Fite? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It always feels like the people in Impact are doing what they want to do, as opposed to what they're being told to do by creative, or at the very least they get a lot more input in their stuff than it seems they'd have elsewhere. 

Well I suppose when you can’t pay them anywhere near what the market leaders can, creative freedom is another tool to try and keep them around. 

There are plenty of examples of Impact being used to sharpen an act before moving on/back to the bigger leagues.

@Hannibal Scorch Whoever’s decision it is its fucked things up for a lot of other promotions by launching a Saturday night show on free tv. Good for AEW but shite for anyone else hoping for successful Sat night PPV’s.

This was one of the 4 actual PPVs rather than monthy shows, so Fite/Dazn or whatever dodgy means that exist.

Edited by garynysmon

The reason Eric Young asked for his release is the best in the world. He couldn’t morally work for Vince McMahon. Go on Eric!

Also, the acceptance of LGBTQ+ wrestlers there is head above anywhere else.

It’s easily the best watch and the only guilt free one. (Other than Tommy Dreamer as I’m sure he’ll turn up again)