TNA… Cross the Line again

garynysmon

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I thought the Beautiful People looked great on entrance - nice nostalgia hit

Thought Tom and Mathew missed the mark on that thought by not giving a nod to Taz and his ‘Let the pigeons loose’ catchphrase when Velvet Sky bent over. On Velvet though, find it hilarious that, obviously for nostalgia, she ditched 2/3 years of wearing suit jackets over a formal outfit doing NWA commentary to back wearing next to nothing with her arse out twice for this taping, not that I’m complaining 

Also what the holy hell was Mickie James wearing in that segment?

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Really looking forward to seeing what this increased production budget brings next year. Hopefully it's a full on soft relaunch. We've known how good it's been now for ages, but with the perception and fiscals pointing to wrestling more or less being in another apparent boom period of sorts, Impact really should be solidly positioning itself as distant-third-but-definitely-third in the way ECW was in the late 90s. 

Sometimes in wrestling the actual in ring product or the booking has to catch up to the fan momentum. With Impact it seems at times like they have everything but the energy it deserves surrounding it. It ought to be able to tap into that little-engine-that-can type fan fervour but the brand just became a total flat tire from years and years of lolTNA burnout and downscale. 

I’d agree with pretty much all of that.

Ironically I didn’t see anything at all wrong with the production of Victory Road and Impact 1,000 and it was a well lit and good looking show in front of a hot crowd. It’ll be interesting to see what these proposed improvements will involve.

Probably a bit biased but I think Impact is already clearly ahead of NWA and MLW on pretty much every imaginable metric. GCW isn’t really a traditional promotion per-se so I wouldn’t even consider it in the equation. 

Because of Impact’s slow build approach its hard to make a major splash, but the momentum does seem to be growing on a slow but steady basis.

• Paid Members
On 9/16/2023 at 11:10 PM, Butch2000 said:

TEAM OVER FOR LIFE

Not digging Shelley turning tho

Always been a bit of a tweener hasn’t he? I thought Shelley would have a short transitional run but I think he’s been great and really grown into the position.

I’d love to see him retain as another long Josh Alexander reign is a little too predictable for me.

Chris Sabin main eventing the first and 1000th episodes of Impact felt so apt and surely there won’t be a better TV match in any promotion this month than his X-Division clash against Llio Rush on Thursday? 

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Sami Callihan and PCO may be on the way out according to reports.

I like PCO but the bloke’s 55 years old. His character did seem to cycle in and out so who knows, may not have seen the last of him if he’s going down the free agency route. Surely AEW or WWE aren’t looking to tie him down?

Personally I assumed Sami Callihan was a bit of an Impact lifer, so it’ll be surprising if he leaves. Never have been a fan of the act and he’s put on a lot of timber over recent years. We’ll see what happens there.

19 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Sami Callihan and PCO may be on the way out according to reports.

I like PCO but the bloke’s 55 years old. His character did seem to cycle in and out so who knows, may not have seen the last of him if he’s going down the free agency route. Surely AEW or WWE aren’t looking to tie him down?

Personally I assumed Sami Callihan was a bit of an Impact lifer, so it’ll be surprising if he leaves. Never have been a fan of the act and he’s put on a lot of timber over recent years. We’ll see what happens there.

AEW did just announce a couple of Montreal shows. Who better than PCO to guarantee that sell-out in the main event 😉

More seriously, Sami could turn up in AEW/ROH. With the company having the reputation of all friends wrestling, he does have quite a few mates there. Sami's indy is one of the few that Jon Moxley still makes appearances. From looking at the match cards they often have some AEW talent on shows.

Both have been around Impact for a while now. Wouldn't hurt to put their salaries elsewhere and freshen things up. A few of the recent WWE releases would be a good fit if they could make it work.

• Paid Members

Impact have a good rep for rejuvenating careers after being let go by WWE, with Steve Maclin immediately springing to mind.

I was never a fan of Callihan so I’d be more than happy to see his and PCO’s departure open up some budget to go towards a hungry and fresh face with something to prove, or a big-ish name.

Dolph Ziggler has pedigree as a former world champ but if he plans to stay in wrestling at all, I suspect he’d follow his brother to AEW, get that big initial pop then tumble down the card. 

I’m still not totally discounting CM Punk showing up to do something, not a strong chance, but his close relationship with Lou D’Angeli would be the ‘in’ if there ever was one

• Paid Members

Not sure how many will have seen it, but the fantastic Tom Campbell will be ring announcing at Turning Point and his genuine reaction to being surprised on air is ridiculously heart warming. Tom seems like one of the most genuinely nice people and it's great to see him getting some recognition. 

7 mins in for the Impact related fun stuff.

• Paid Members
On 9/29/2023 at 6:37 PM, garynysmon said:

I've long thought that Slammiversary has overtaken BFG as the biggest show of the year, but maybe not in 2023....

They've always pushed BFG as their Wrestlemania as long as I've remembered. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Please help if you can. I am stuck as to what to do. I have disability general admission tickets to the Impact show on the 28th of October 2023 in Coventry. The event which has sold out. I can not make travel and things work out as I also have Sunday Stunner tickets for WWE on the Sunday. I will be too tired to go to both shows and so I am been wanting to sell my disability and  free helper ticket. Here is the issue. The wrestling promoter and impact will not give me a refund (ticket non refundable. Fixir do not have a resale site to sell tickets on. I have tried selling tickets on twickets for face value but it is against the company policy and have not allowed it. What can I do, Bank are saying I have received the tickets so cannot help get me a chargeback. What can I do?

I have general admission tickets for the Coventry show on 28th October disability with free helper ticket . I paid £40 and £2.50 in fees so £42.50 face value. I do not want any profit just looking to get money back if I can. Would there be any interest on UKFF? Pay by paypal and I will get the ticket transferred to you asap. 

Due to the fact that they are disability tickets no third party sellers will touch them. Get in touch if interested email is husii@hotmail.com 

thanks for reading sorry if against rules

I might even have to go to the show as to not lose out on money if i cannot sell the ticket. £42.50 is a lot to lose out on for me as I am on my own and money is a bit tight for me, So if interested please reach out. £42.50 as well as a free helper ticket.

Scouseman 

Edited by scouseman