Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

The cards all looked pretty good, even with Shelly injured. I hope the tour was successful enough for them to come back, or feel like they could maybe do bigger venues. 

Its hard without proper TV and I wouldn’t really describe DAZN as a TV deal at all really.

Assuming they made a few bob out it there’s no reason not to hold a TV taping or two in the Uk every year or even every six months as long as they don’t get big ideas of filling arenas anytime soon.

There are decent 2-3,000 seaters they could realistically look at filling up well enough to look decent on TV though.

Leon Slater has signed with Impact now and Harley Hudson signed a developmental. Grado was on this tour and Subculture and Joe Hendry are Impact regulars, so clearly they’re trying to rebuild something. 

Edited by garynysmon
Posted

Tapings didn't end up too flattering looking. The ringside cams look awful here. It's like watching CKY videos:

 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
11 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Tapings didn't end up too flattering looking. The ringside cams look awful here. It's like watching CKY videos:

 

 

Looks better than the hatchet job they did on those last tapings at the MEN arena. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
11 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Tapings didn't end up too flattering looking. The ringside cams look awful here. It's like watching CKY videos:

 

 

Looks very similar to how ICW tape their shows. Wonder if they were involved 

Posted

The Newcastle Turning Point show looked a lot better visually, both in person and on the actual PPV, albeit still very indie-looking. Handheld cams are still pretty horrendous on it mind.

The Walker Dome is a pretty good venue for wrestling though and was packed, would’ve looked miles better had Impact made a bit more of an effort in their presentation - barely anything covering the floors around the ring, basketball/badminton markings on show all over during every entrance.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Looks very similar to how ICW tape their shows. Wonder if they were involved 

ICW were the promoters I think.

The hard cam looked fine, I think the local director went way OTT with the use of ringside cams (I’m not a fan of them).

Impact are treading water now until January so I’m not entirely surprised they haven’t gone all out.

Turning Point from Newcastle looked better I thought.

 

Edited by garynysmon
  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

ICW were the promoters I think.

The hard cam looked fine, I think the local director went way OTT with the use of ringside cams (I’m not a fan of them).

Impact are treading water now until January so I’m not entirely surprised they haven’t gone all out.

Turning Point from Newcastle looked better I thought.

 

It makes sense. I know Joe Hendry did nearly all the work behind the scenes getting the tour done, based on what Bryan Myers said on his podcast. It looks fine, I just think you expect because it’s Impact to look better quality, but it’s asking a lot if your using a local crew. And back in those early 10’s tours Impact would bring over all their production crew which obviously eats into costs.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It makes sense. I know Joe Hendry did nearly all the work behind the scenes getting the tour done, based on what Bryan Myers said on his podcast. It looks fine, I just think you expect because it’s Impact to look better quality, but it’s asking a lot if your using a local crew. And back in those early 10’s tours Impact would bring over all their production crew which obviously eats into costs.

The ticket pages were showing ICW/North Wrestling/Wrestle Carnival as the promoters so I’m pretty certain they were bought shows with Impact bringing over a skeleton crew of 16 wrestlers D’amore and Gail Kim (16 or thereabouts) plus Ospreay for Newcastle.

I accept that without proper TV in this country and no tour for 8 years this was always going to be a feeling out process for both parties, but I’d have hoped that for 2024 they’d be looking at slightly bigger venues and a bit more welly behind them for next time.

Will Ospreay needs to stop giving me false hope btw..he’s not signing with Impact, will someone tell him that?

I’ve not seen much of Leon Bailey, is he as good as some are making out? I thought Alex Windsor looked good in her match at Turning Point tbh. Isn’t she Ospreay’s mrs?

Posted

Those lighting rigs are the worst thing for me. Super distracting. Didn't like when ROH had them for years, even watching live they pissed me off. Is that massive old lighting rig the FWA used to hang things on not about any more?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...