• Paid Members

Nicole Matthews recently showed up on a US indie show, and revealed that she has a work visa for the US again for the first time in five years - I'd like to see her brought in to AEW, so I'm hoping it's her.

Whoever it is, I don't think there's a big enough name available to really justify the mystery hype - which wouldn't be an issue in isolation, but it is when Tony Khan is already developing a reputation for over-doing the hype and the Major Announcements. Taya is the biggest name available that fits the bill, and I don't think she particularly warrants the big surprise debut with a week of hype. 

Taya has a belt in Impact at the moment, I believe, so it might come down to how much the two companies are currently talking to each other, if it is her.

More outside the box, I'd like Tony Khan to channel his inner early '00s indie nerd and it be LuFisto for a garbage brawl, or Allison Danger, but could just as easily see it being him channeling his mid-00s TNA nerd and it being Angelina Love. 

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

This is either going to be the best or worst thing.

Can’t say I’m too familiar with bar mitzvah’s and what the usual is, but that looks like a ridiculously good time for a young wrestling fan!

Intrigued for the event…of course there will be more MJF a history lessons, will be interrupted and max will start his screaming/shouting act

• Paid Members
On 3/11/2023 at 9:09 PM, Supremo said:

They definitely have scope for a Saturday morning show aimed exclusively at kids. Cut all the blood and violence and just have the fun, comedy stuff. Get Brodie Junior in as the GM.

It's absolutely mind-blowing that they haven't done this already. Danhausen and the Best Friends would be perfect for this. Even a QT Marshall would be at the right level for it. But they have so many people who would fit perfectly.

19 minutes ago, Chris B said:

It's absolutely mind-blowing that they haven't done this already. Danhausen and the Best Friends would be perfect for this. Even a QT Marshall would be at the right level for it. But they have so many people who would fit perfectly.

Certainly a more PG friendly show, wouldn't hurt on paper. At the very least it will keep Mox fresh :)

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

More outside the box, I'd like Tony Khan to channel his inner early '00s indie nerd and it be LuFisto for a garbage brawl, or Allison Danger, but could just as easily see it being him channeling his mid-00s TNA nerd and it being Angelina Love. 

The last part here is what I thought, especially with former stablemate Madison Rayne now backstage.

Mystery or not, a Jade victory should be a foregone conclusion. The idea that someone can come in from outside the company and win the big belt while the existing roster are (supposedly) vying for a shot is pretty rum.

I don't think there's any thinking there's an upset. It's the interest in who it would be, and a minor selling point to ticket buyers that they'll see a "local hero".

They've used LuFisto previously for Dark. Don't expect it to be her. Nicole Matthews, Allison Danger (Winnipeg POB), and Sarah Stock (Winnipeg POB). With Taya getting some traction since she's meant to be without a contract right now and is someone with some name value.

• Paid Members

Overall, I enjoyed that show. There were some angles, which isn't always the case and was a nice change. Mind you, they weren't all good. 

I liked: The PPV recap video replacing the Dynamite open. 

A deliberate attempt to set up new feuds for some people and move them away from what they had been doing for months.

A street wear brawl and the TNT title continuing to main event whenever it's defended on TV. 

JEFF JARRETT and ORANGE CASSIDY set up for next week. Here all day for that. 

Good promos by Max, Danielson, FTR and Hangman. 

BCC turning heel (that's a heel turn for me. If it ends up not being one, then we'll chalk that up to yet more bad booking, rather than 'oh it's just how they would behave - they're tweeners'). 

Didn't like: Post PPV show opening with something not relevant to the main talking points of the PPV. 

Fucking QT Marshall in the main event. I like him in a certain spot, but that spot is something akin to Skip or Leif Cassidy. Wardlow is fucked. 

Juice Robinson? Useless. Great way to 'level down' Stark's. If it's eventually going to be Jay White, make that clear here and then have White use henchmen along the way. 

TNT title changing hands again. Too, too fucking often. Hobbs may or may not be the right man for it, but by fuck have they gone around the world twice in order to get there. 

Bray Wya. . . Sorry, the House of Black. Don't like 'em, but they are here to stay. I get that it allows The Elite to not ignore the title loss and probably avoid another loss in the rematch by Guevara or Garcia taking the loss. Totally fine if it moves us onto Jericho Vs Omega and The Bucks Vs the two teams leading up to Double Or Nothing. 

Sniff on screen again. Never, ever needs a live mic again. One of the worst. We need a Gorilla Monsoon equivalent for moments like this. TK, Marvez etc definitely isn't it. Schiavone would be a pick, but to make it effective he'd have to not be on TV every week, which would be a terrible idea. Needs to be someone with credibility, who can talk competently in short bursts, that doesn't need to be on TV much, that could be believable in the role and hasn't been over exposed in recent years. Steamboat maybe? 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Paul Wight is basically the perfect bloke for the role: recognizable, credible and a great speaker. Just give him the gimmick of 'AEW Spokesman' or something and he can do all the big announcements. 

That's a really good shout actually. I'd entirely forgotten he still worked there. 

• Paid Members

After attending the AEW pay per view last week, the Bella twins have now announced they’re leaving WWE, dropping the, “Bella,” name and are now going by the, “Garcia Twins.”

Worked for WWE for fifteen years, attended a single show featuring Danhausen, immediately realised they were playing for the wrong team and packed it in.

Wouldn’t shock me if they end up playing a part in the Outcasts vs. Homegrown storyline, but far more interested in them giving the Bryan Danielson vs. Daniel Garcia a new chapter, when it’s revealed Daniel Garcia is Danielson’s long lost son.