• Paid Members
4 hours ago, METAL ON METAL said:

Someone needs to get him off Twitter. 

He’s announced Orange Cassidy vs. Sex pest Jay Lethal and gotten a negative reaction. Now he’s replying to wrestling ‘journalists’ with a sell job so bad he should expect a cabinet position with the Tories soon.

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1633265896335769600?s=46&t=1voRknLoECDCOyWi07175w

Big box office success? Also, their 2nd match was the most watched because it kicked off the show that directly followed Big Bang Theory on TBS. The rest of the show after those few minutes averaged 900+k viewers.

Matches usually don’t require this level of justification.

Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

He was replying to someone surprised at its success as a match in the past. He explained why it was deemed as such. Tony is a stats man when it comes to Dynamite and its breakdown. Absolute non story here lad.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He was replying to someone surprised at its success as a match in the past. He explained why it was deemed as such. Tony is a stats man when it comes to Dynamite and its breakdown. Absolute non story here lad.

Yeah, it looks to me like he’s adding further detail, and it’s actually really interesting to see how his mind works when it comes to booking a match like that. I’d speculate that it was an accidental success, but I don’t see an issue with what Khan has said here.

I’d actually like AEW to book an MJF/Cassidy mini-feud in between PPVs, it could lead to a fun TV match. It’s probably not what you want to follow Danielson/MJF up with, but, y’know, it would be fun to see at a later point in this title reign.

Edited by RedRooster

House of Black knowing these teams would challenge each other, then make a video, to play when out in the arena…..I’m joining team sport based presentation*

*if Double J doesn’t bring home the gold 

• Paid Members

Quite a fun Dynamite this week, nothing overly great, but just a solid 2 hours for me, starting with Taz, Tony and Excalibur having a ball with the technical issues, from the failed pyro to their Comms playing to the arena, you could tell they were having a laugh.

Decent match between Lethal and Cassidy to set up the match with Jarrett next week. Speaking of which, that backstage hype promo from Tony Khan was brutal, you can clearly see the guy is not comfortable Infront of the camera and just kept repeating himself. It seemed like he gave away that Jarrett is taking the title, which if is the case, I have absolutely no issues whatsoever with the decision.

Ruby Soho actually cut a good, believable promo that made sense, it's a shame that it went to shit when the bell went. The cue for Willows music was missed and the whole spray painting bollocks again.

The crowd going from wild to mild from the bullet club logo to realising it was just Juice Robinson was funny, hopefully it's all leading to Jay White.

The Elite are just head and shoulders above most on this roster in terms of presence, they're stars. Hope they don't get dragged down too much in the JAS nonsense, but hopefully next week is just getting their rematch out of the way before moving on. I can see Callis turning on them in favour of JAS, but his line to Jericho about him being the 2nd best wrestler from Winnipeg, 3rd if Callis had a few months to train was brilliant and genuinely made me laugh.

Some good backstage spots as well this week, from Hangmans interview, to Danielsons promo and then Jade, it was a good use of time.

BCC going full heel is a great move and definitely the right direction, although not sure where they can go from here with Hangman and Mox. She of Hangman joining BCC, which is what I thought was going to happen, the only thing I can think now is Blood and Guts.

Really good main event, Im a sucker for a backstage brawl and AEW always make them fun. Hobbs is an absolute monster, what a look that guy has. Could have done without most of it being picture in picture, though. Not sure if it's the top knot being cut off, but Wardlow doesn't see to cut as imposing of a figure as he did previously. Comms team did a good job of explaining the QT Marshall involvement, but I have no idea where Wardlow goes from here now. Feels like he's had his legs cut off twice now when it should have been his moment. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

The crowd going from wild to mild from the bullet club logo to realising it was just Juice Robinson was funny

Excalibur saying "This is INCREDIBLE!" was the overstatement of the century. Utter bullshit.

JAS as a Trios are incredible fun and the post match angle was good stuff. I much prefer it when on the rare occasion AEW just go full on and all in on an angle with a bunch of big stars rather than their usual drag everything out for weeks and weeks. More of this please!

• Paid Members

All the good points have been made although @Nick James the reason I pay for Fite is so I don’t have that PiP stuff. But the one thing I thought was genius this week was the opening credits, bringing the viewers up to speed with the PPV. Never seen it done before and was a great way to get you up to speed. 

Some good stuff this week for sure. Particularly liked the Bryan promo. He can really hit home sometimes.

But I just can't shake the disappointment I've got surrounding Wardlow and also the TNT championship. Poor guy was destined for great things and I thought again they'd decided he was worth something and it was time to push him and.. oh yeah, let's have another fucking change. Ugh.

One thing AEW isn’t particularly good at is capitalising on their own momentum to make a show feel ‘hot’. You have, apparently, the greatest iron match ever or your PPV, and there’s nothing said about it to open the show. That’s an odd choice, it’s kind of like an hourly news bulletin choosing to run its top story somewhere in the middle. 

If you open the show with that Danielson promo in-ring rather than a match for the equivalent of the TNA Global title, the show suddenly feels much more newsworthy and exciting. Or, if Danielson is unavailable, start with MJF in ring; with Danielson’s response to the match being cued up at the end of his promo (followed by MJF sarcastically saying ‘oh, what a shame’, before sauntering off) - start with something big, and the rest of the show feels bigger and more exciting as a result. 

And Ricky Starks teasing going elsewhere? Even if he means ROH, fuck off with that. We have Kenny Omega, FTR, The Bucks and MJF all potentially leaving the company, teasing that someone else would rather be elsewhere - even in storyline - is just stupid and deflating, if you care about the company. Why should I be invested in a Starks win if he might be leaving? 

I know I’m being negative here, and it wasn’t a bad show by any means - but it felt very skippable, and I think that could have been avoided.

That said, a Jeff Jarrett run with the International title could be bags of fun. Do it, Tony Khan.

• Paid Members

Just thinking about Danielsons promo again and it was done really well. Admitting that MJF was right in saying hes been putting himself over his kids and family, while flashing pictures on him playing with his kids was a masterstroke. For him to then say hes going home, you would imagine he's taking some time off before coming back (hopefully) as the Daniel Bryan style babyface. 

9 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Just thinking about Danielsons promo again and it was done really well. Admitting that MJF was right in saying hes been putting himself over his kids and family, while flashing pictures on him playing with his kids was a masterstroke. For him to then say hes going home, you would imagine he's taking some time off before coming back (hopefully) as the Daniel Bryan style babyface. 

I’m wondering if he’ll be coming back to tackle a heel BCC. I’d be on board with that, but I hope they remove Hangman Page from the equation and give him something fresh to do. 

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

And Ricky Starks teasing going elsewhere? Even if he means ROH, fuck off with that. We have Kenny Omega, FTR, The Bucks and MJF all potentially leaving the company, teasing that someone else would rather be elsewhere - even in storyline - is just stupid and deflating, if you care about the company. Why should I be invested in a Starks win if he might be leaving? 

I thought Meltzer made a good point about all of these things. They need to stop this 'I might be leaving' shit. It just undermines AEW, When MJF was talking about it at first it was slightly novel but he kept going on about it and it makes your own company look second rate. Just stop with it