3 hours ago, Louch said:

Khan must be delighted to only have to deal with eddies bullshit for a day a month going forward. Fuck me he gets more unlikeable every week with his moaning, 2 years back he was selling his boots to pay the bills, now he’s on 100k plus a year to work a day a week. My heart bleeds, maybe put in a bit of effort than moaning non stop and you get the trust top guys get. 

So while I agree in principle with the opinion on Kingston. I think the bloke is a menace to any locker room, the fact (as has been mentioned) he is in his 40s. The common denominator through the years of his lack of 'success' or main stream exposure unfortunately Eddie, is you. That speaks volumes about what he must be like. That being said, the video that leaked/part of one of those Young Bucks backstage video programme things online of him being a general good guy, coaching and rallying people (perhaps in relation to Brodie Lee's death, IIRC) was very impressive. So i'm sure there is good in him, most people do genuinely have good in them, but unfortunately he is seemingly quite a cancerous influence backstage.

I'm digressing from what my differing opinion is though, and that is that I don't suddenly buy that being suddenly wealthy should make him be a good human, or happy or whatever. Money isn't the access to happiness that others would tell us otherwise. The Fact is, he has some demons (whatever they may be) which constantly leads him back to self implosion. Adding money to that mindset won't cure him, or anyone for that matter. Through whatever channels he needs to go towards, he needs to find it and stick to it to try to 'fix' himself.

Let's also not forget after the slanging match between him and Sammy last year, his first appearance after the episode was to basically mock the decision on air, to take him away and send him to (I want to say anger management counselling). A childish, petulant way of dealing with an issue. And personally if I was Sniff, i'd have had him straight off TV again, because he quite clearly hadn't learnt anything.

So in closing, Eddie the human - I hope he gets the help he needs (as mentioned above, he seems to have good inside him). However, Eddie Kingston on my TV screen being rewarded for his childish, petulant behaviour? Get the fuck to ROH so I don't have to see your bullshit behaviour.
Punk was fucked off (one of my favourites of yesteryear), and for very good reason. A point I made several weeks ago, just because he has the online brownie points he shouldn't be pandered to by anyone. Not saying you were pandering to him Louch, I know you weren't, it was more a statement to the troglodytes online.

Edited by Mikeymike83

2 hours ago, Louch said:

That was looking decent until the ruby/Tay part that looked staged as fuck 

Isn't that all reality TV though 

Watching Drive to Survive and the scene with the Toto Wolff and Christisn Horner yelling at each other in the meeting felt manufacturered. 

It's just part of territory with that kind of thing 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

Isn't that all reality TV though 

Watching Drive to Survive and the scene with the Toto Wolff and Christisn Horner yelling at each other in the meeting felt manufacturered. 

It's just part of territory with that kind of thing 

There are two sorts of reality TV. Scripted and Non-Scripted. Most of it is scripted to some extent with regards to set up. The good scripted ones probably look the best. Who knows where All Access will fall, it it gets anywhere near the majesty of Swamp People it will be magnificent. I could see Eddie Kingston as Troy Landry. 

1 hour ago, Tsurutagun said:

Putting the show on straight after Dynamite is a weird call because you're not going to get new viewers to AEW like Drive to Survive did for F1 unless it's a test run for a 3rd hour? 

It's the same thing they did with Rhodes to the Top. From the network's point of view it's more about trying to retain the audience than anything else. WBD have more reality slanted channels if that's purely what they wanted. Isn't it also what Comcast does with Miz & Mrs?

Someone needs to get him off Twitter. 

He’s announced Orange Cassidy vs. Sex pest Jay Lethal and gotten a negative reaction. Now he’s replying to wrestling ‘journalists’ with a sell job so bad he should expect a cabinet position with the Tories soon.

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1633265896335769600?s=46&t=1voRknLoECDCOyWi07175w

Big box office success? Also, their 2nd match was the most watched because it kicked off the show that directly followed Big Bang Theory on TBS. The rest of the show after those few minutes averaged 900+k viewers.

Matches usually don’t require this level of justification.

Edited by METAL ON METAL
Can’t embed

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, METAL ON METAL said:

He’s announced Orange Cassidy vs. Sex pest Jay Lethal and gotten a negative reaction. Now he’s replying to wrestling ‘journalists’ with a sell job so bad he should expect a cabinet position with the Tories soon.

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1633265896335769600?s=46&t=1voRknLoECDCOyWi07175w

Big box office success? Also, their 2nd match was the most watched because it kicked off the show that directly followed Big Bang Theory on TBS. The rest of the show after those few minutes averaged 900+k viewers.

We have a Tony Khan is a Twat thread for stuff like this.

4 hours ago, METAL ON METAL said:

Ummmmm, 

Just read the tweet and the one he was replying to. He was reaffirming Sapp's comment on the match drawing well in the ratings and doing it in Tony Khan Promoter Mode. It wasn't exactly like he was behaving like Elon Musk was on twitter last night. 

If you're offended by Tony's tweet, you should probably talk to a physiatrist.