Yeah now that I think about it; Jade teaming up with the "homegrowns" could give the storyline a real boost and will be interesting to see how they interact. Of course, Jamie is the one who can reliably perform in the ring, but Jade, Britt and Hayter would be quite the poster group for the women division. I still have big concerns on the actual level of wrestling, that doesn't make you cringe, from some of those involved (Sarya, Ruby, Britt, Toni Storms fake tan).

Saying that, in the mens there are still a number of players who need extra time before the national TV show main storylines, for me they need to prove their consistency before being used. Even Starks, who is moving into main event territory, mic work has been questionable of late; the Hager lisp diss the other week, the cliche I might leave work this week, etc...nitpicking, but if they want to "level up", then consistency in the basics would lay a more solid foundation.

I always hate it when WWE wrestlers have a brutal match on a PPV and then turn up fresh as a daisy on Raw, so I don't see why it's ok in AEW.  Moxley shouldn't have wrestled Dynamite this week, seemingly unaffected by the Deathmatch, for me it lessens the impact of Hangman's win which at the time seemed like a good ending to a very long feud.  He didn't blade so I suppose I should be grateful for small mercies.

Wardlow gets to headline Dynamite but looks like a shadow of his former self.  His ring attire didn't help but he looks like a different wrestler half the time.  This 3 way feud with Hobbs and Joe should be totally my cup of tea but I think it's actually damaging Wardlow.

Otherwise a passable couple of hours.  Jarrett v Orange should be the epitome of sports entertainment next week.

14 minutes ago, TobyK said:

Yeah now that I think about it; Jade teaming up with the "homegrowns" could give the storyline a real boost and will be interesting to see how they interact. Of course, Jamie is the one who can reliably perform in the ring, but Jade, Britt and Hayter would be quite the poster group for the women division. I still have big concerns on the actual level of wrestling, that doesn't make you cringe, from some of those involved (Sarya, Ruby, Britt, Toni Storms fake tan).

Jade getting involved would definitely give the story a lift, but they're already in a weird situation where the homegrown side has far more star-power than the opposing team. If they were able to bring in Mercedes Mone in addition to this, they might be able to pull together something that not only feels balanced, but people would really want to see. 

8 minutes ago, Loki said:

Wardlow gets to headline Dynamite but looks like a shadow of his former self.  His ring attire didn't help but he looks like a different wrestler half the time.  This 3 way feud with Hobbs and Joe should be totally my cup of tea but I think it's actually damaging Wardlow.

While I think he was mishandled following the MJF feud, I do wonder if part of the problem is Wardlow himself - maybe he's just not suited to being a babyface; at least not at this point in his career. Perhaps a solo heel run would help him get to where he needs to be. It's probably not going to happen given his association with QT, but I think Hobbs would be far more suited to playing the face in this story. 

• Paid Members

The issue with Wardlow and so many other AEW stars is the bloated roster. AEW have always been fantastic at building new exciting stars and long term storytelling (for the most part) but they've got so many people on the roster that they fall into this horrible habit of building a star, getting them to their goal, and then dropping them off the face of the earth rather than moving them on to a next feud and carrying the momentum.
You go back not that far to around the first couple of years of AEW and look at some of the names getting huge pushes.
Dark Order, Lucha Bros, P&P, Best Friends, Private Party in the tag division. Britt Baker, Hikaru Shida, Riho, Nyla Rose, Tay Melo in the Women's Division. Eddie Kingston, Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes, Pac, Lance Archer in the Men's Division.
They keep bringing people in to replace people who never got to where they were headed. People like Pac, Tay Melo and Private Party are shot into factions they don't need to be in, some people like Lance Archer, Best Friends and Nyla Rose just fall into the background. Some people like members of the Dark Order or Cody Rhodes just leave entirely. If they focus on keeping these hot acts at the top we'd have strong divisions of stars but instead we have a long line of what went wrongs.

20 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Wardlow definitely seems to be missing something recently. He just doesn't look confident when he's out there anymore.

Heard him described as now looking like the friendly estate agent who goes out early in the apprentice as has no depth and it’s true 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Louch said:

Heard him described as now looking like the friendly estate agent

Whoever said that nailed it. I can see him now talking to Martell (Not Rick) on Homes Under The Hammer about how they've done an excellent job adding value by building a two storey side extension. 

53 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Whoever said that nailed it. I can see him now talking to Martell (Not Rick) on Homes Under The Hammer about how they've done an excellent job adding value by building a two storey side extension. 

“We have two sets of stairs leading up to the canvas “

• Paid Members

AEW deliver their usual 'weird Dynamite after a critically acclaimed PPV'. They just can't seem to get that right. Some great promos, some okay matches, and some right shite that didn't really make the most of Saturday's momentum.

As an aside, I was a massive AR Fox fan during his indie run, but fuck me does his stuff look bush league nowadays. He walks and runs like he's trying to make his away across an icy pond, it just looks terrible. Proper Divas-Era levels of running the ropes on display.

And enough with the crash pads and cushioned gimmicks now. Either take the bump properly with a few tables or don't do it all. Properly irritates me seeing a wrestler lying on PE mats layered on a high-jumper's crash pad, selling it like death.