5 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

You don’t want them listing other promotions though as they’d essentially be advertising a rival product for free on their own show. Just say he won loads in Japan and that covers it. 

But DDT aren't a rival promotion though. Omega has appeared there around 2019/2020. Kip and Penelope did a show this week. 

4 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Serena Deeb is a mystery.

Going into the PPV one women's feud, one match. Two titles. To think you had people talking up the last PPV because they had 3 matches. It's been a real regression.

Serena is injured last time I heard

Tbf it's a North American company problem. WWE's woman's division has regressed since Triple H has taken over. You can look at Stardom's growth and Mercedes being the big draw for the San Jose NJPW show to see that women wrestling can be a draw. Someone just needs to show Tony and Paul that. 

15 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

Serena is injured last time I heard

I have heard people say that, but I don't remember seeing it actually reported anywhere. As the flip side of that is I've also seen the rumour mill say that she's sitting out like Miro. Having tired of the youtube circuit and lack of direction.

Bit like how Mercedes Martinez disappeared after dropping the ROH Women's title after already having a long injury layoff. Checking her socials she was asking for bookings through January.

Edited by Infinity Land

• Paid Members

AEW have perfected the art of the TV ladder match; just let the lads go balls out with crazy shit for fifteen minutes and leave all that overrated phycology and pacing nonsense at the door. Cracking stuff, everyone looked great here, especially Hobbs, KT and Kommander.

They've also perfected the art of the modern, non-PG wrestling promo, as both the Bryan and Mox interviews were in-fucking-credible, and carried the torch after the last few weeks where MJF has ruled supreme. Hangman was quality as well.

The show had it's low points too (Matt fucking Hardy, Chris fucking Jericho, a 20 fucking minute battle royal) but I feel they did a decent job hyping up the Revolution card. Here's to hoping that Bryan/MJF goes on first!

25 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

But DDT aren't a rival promotion though. Omega has appeared there around 2019/2020. Kip and Penelope did a show this week. 

It’s hardly AEW and ROH, is it? Aren’t DDT owned by the same company as NOAH? It’s a rival promotion that they have an understanding with. 

But that’s irrelevant, the point was in reply to someone saying they should’ve listed specific examples of his matches, I disagree. The commentary team didn’t need to name all the ladder matches he had in every promotion against every opponent to emphasise he has pedigree in ladder matches, them saying “He’s had loads elsewhere/in Japan” does the trick without naming other promotions or people who don’t work for AEW. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

Sorry but listing ladder matches he had against guys 99% of the Audience won’t know, just sounds silly. 

Especially when they are trying to commentate on an on going match with multiple people. Who needs a history lesson? 

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Especially when they are trying to commentate on an on going match with multiple people. Who needs a history lesson? 

Be like a football commentator listing every team Haaland scored in Germany as the total goals isn’t enough info when he moved to England 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Version1.0 said:

Also, big money on the Iron Man opening the show and Mox/Hangman closing.

They could have engineered this by making Mox/Hangman Lights Out instead of Texas Death (they're pretty much the same thing in AEW, right?) which by definition would go on "after the show".

I enjoyed Schiavone making a big thing of how you almost NEVER see two partners eliminated at the same time when Dark Order got chucked out, and them following that up by having virtually every other team* eliminated at the same time.

*The only team I remember that was eliminated more than a couple of seconds apart was JAS.

The superlong feud with Christian is very NWA 80s - put a bright blue eye prospect with a seasoned heel for, like, a year and let them absorb as much as they can about the business in all sorts of different matches, arenas etc.  Jack Perry is a huge future star for them, but he needs plenty of seasoning.  @LaGooshyou're right, let him be as simple a face as he can be right now.

So Eddie Kingston has kayfabe/not kayfabe quit AEW.  What a fall from grace - from headlining Dynamite a few weeks, and being super over, to relegation to RoH.  Maybe it's his fault but he was such a breath of fresh air last year.

23 minutes ago, Vamp said:

It's pretty pointless discussing how AEW could book its women better.

I know but for fuck's sake, they're so bad at it!  So much talent, so few minutes of TV time.  Hayter's got her work cut out at the PPV as well.

19 minutes ago, Vamp said:

It's pretty pointless discussing how AEW could book its women better. They've had opportunities before and never bothered. 

It's not even about making it better. Since the TBS title has been added they've at least made the attempt of giving Jade something to do at the PPVs. Right now there's nothing except the possibility of an open challenge type scenario that gets tacked on.

8 minutes ago, Statto said:

They could have engineered this by making Mox/Hangman Lights Out instead of Texas Death (they're pretty much the same thing in AEW, right?) which by definition would go on "after the show".

I thought the same, but it then ties their hands to it being the last match which is the problem. At the moment the Iron Man on first seems to be an online preference and not a certainty in happening.