• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I thought they'd already made a load of fuss about some Triple Crown belt for that tournament?

yeah, the current tournament is for the Continental Championship/ROH World Title/NJPW Strong Title. As much as something like that could and perhaps should take a backseat to the World Championship, it wouldn't be a good look for the first of what's presumably intended to be an annual tournament.

They're probably regretting burning through the "World Champion works through an injury" and "World Champion's friend offers to defend the title in his place due to injury" options in one match, before they needed to. Luckily, one of the few positives of how overbooked this whole reign has been is that it leads them with a lot of options of how to write their way out of this if needed, even if some of them would feel like a downer, or make for poor TV. 

• Paid Members

Do a big multi-man at World's End for the title, MJF can do the bare minimum then drop the belt without getting pinned or something along those lines. 

You could easily weave in the Don Callis story and others to do something like:

MJF vs Samoa Joe vs Takeshita vs Hobbs vs Jericho vs Omega vs Wardlow vs Roderick Strong

Big crazy match where MJF doesn't really do too much.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

I'd say don't have MJF drop the belt. Just say he has to vacate it, so that when he comes back, he's the champ who never lost the belt - then you have him chase his nemesis for it, who keeps putting up obstacles in his way. Old-style booking.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I'd say don't have MJF drop the belt. Just say he has to vacate it, so that when he comes back, he's the champ who never lost the belt - then you have him chase his nemesis for it, who keeps putting up obstacles in his way. Old-style booking.

Don't AEW have a precedent for that "Interim champion" bollocks?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Don't AEW have a precedent for that "Interim champion" bollocks?

they do, but at the last PPV they were going to just hand the title to Jay White if MJF couldn't defend it, so they're clearly not too fussed about a consistent approach these days, just whatever serves the story.

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Spoiler tagging this as I have no idea how funny people are about these things....

Reveal hidden contents

Zak Knight is apparently set to debut in some capacity tomorrow.

Spoiler

Hopefully as part of The Patriarchy. Just because I'll find it funny.

30 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Spoiler tagging this as I have no idea how funny people are about these things....

Reveal hidden contents

Zak Knight is apparently set to debut in some capacity tomorrow.

Spoiler

There's been talk of a Dark match ever since Saraya debuted. Doubt its more than that. With the demise of the Youtube shows we'll never have to see it.

52 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Hide contents

There's been talk of a Dark match ever since Saraya debuted. Doubt its more than that. With the demise of the Youtube shows we'll never have to see it.

Spoiler

He has apparently relocated to America so I doubt it is just a one off. 

Well, this is a shame. Between this, and her (and Jack Perry) liking some wallies tweet about MJF ‘ruining the feeling’ of AEW, you just start to wish these guys could speak to one another and get off social media.

A fine Dynamite, everything just feels a bit muted at the minute. The Devil having fonts, graphics and branded gear for his mates felt a bit lame.

I’m rooting for them so hard that they land this Devil thing and get the momentum back they had pre-Wembley.

The Copeland/Christian stuff is fun, and Edge is doing his best work in years. I just wish he’d gone round the AEW houses before landing on Christian. I’d love to see Edge/Omega, Page, MJF etc