I know they’ve been building Takeshita being with Don for a bit but that spot was screaming for Ibushi to turn up last night, he’s been teasing wrestling at the Wembley show recently so it probably won’t be long before he’s added to the angle.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I’m also starting to suspect Max Caster might be an alt-right MAGA type. His raps regularly contain lines making fun of Biden, or the left; and the Bud Light and ‘go woke, go broke’ hint seemed like another red flag in that respect.

Funnily enough the only Biden line I remember was about wiping out student debt (which I don't think he's actually done since the Republicans are trying to hold it up)

I would also avoid shaming the owners of Bud Light. After all they are a backtracking billion dollar company. You never know which side they'll flip flop to tomorrow that suits whatever pandering PR they've got cooked up.

Good thing they've got good ol' American Bud.

Edited by Infinity Land

I think I missed something here in the MJF/Sami promo.

Sami needed to beat Jack Perry and Darby to get a shot at MJF, so instead MJF offered him a blank cheque, and a shot at MJF...   So what's MJF getting out of this deal? Isn't he just giving Sami a ton of money to do exactly what he was going to anyway?  Makes no sense.

Kommander is rubbish, a one-trick pony.  That should have been a squash match, when you're introducing a top new act don't let him trade moves with a skinny kid! I'm with Spears, not impressed.

Great to see Arn, made an immediate impact, and the rehabilitation of Wardlow is underway.

I'm probably alone but I quite fancy Jericho and Cole, it was heated nicely - Britt using Cole's shoot name, real shit now ;)  Where was Hayter for the save though?  Catering?

Decent episode, I guess I should enjoy AEW before it gets its lethal dose of poison... Chicago show coming up  :(

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Firstly, ‘FTR Bald’ might be a more tired ongoing joke than ‘Tony Sniff’…

I’m also starting to suspect Max Caster might be an alt-right MAGA type. His raps regularly contain lines making fun of Biden, or the left; and the Bud Light and ‘go woke, go broke’ hint seemed like another red flag in that respect.

How else do you tell FTR apart? It’s how They are known across the internet 

that second paragraph might be one of the wildest over reactions I have read on here. Black, teams with a gay man and has pops at all things topical. Yeah he’s far right 🙃 

Edited by Louch

23 minutes ago, Louch said:

that second paragraph might be one of the wildest over reactions I have read on here. Black, teams with a gay man and has pops at all things topical. Yeah he’s far right 🙃 

Being Black doesn’t exclude you from holding right-wing views, nor does being part of a team with someone who is gay.

His raps are topical, but often topical in the sense they contain talking points from Fox News. Look back at what he’s said in the past - from the top of my head, he’s referenced the following: Hunter Biden’s laptop, the Bud Light debacle, Covid tests being ‘fake’ and Simone Biles/mental health. He’s also made more than one ‘LOL, you’re gay!’ joke. To be fair, he’s also referenced WWE/Saudi Arabia - but on balance, he seems to refer to a disproportionate number of right-wing talking points. 

Not that wrestlers being right-wing is unusual. I may be wrong in where his politics sit, but I don’t think it’s a stretch to hold that suspicion. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

That opening segment was woeful. Incredible to see people say how they don't need Punk when these 3 goofs are clogging up the title picture. Head in hands embarrassing at times. "You know , we're one and the same, you and me" "You've got more in common with MJF than you want to believe" What the fuck was this sub comic book shite delivered by people you wouldn't cast in a local am dram show. 

Rest of the show was alright though! 

5 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Being Black doesn’t exclude you from holding right-wing views, nor does being part of a team with someone who is gay.

His raps are topical, but often topical in the sense they contain talking points from Fox News. Look back at what he’s said in the past - from the top of my head, he’s referenced the following: Hunter Biden’s laptop, the Bud Light debacle, Covid tests being ‘fake’ and Simone Biles/mental health. He’s also made more than one ‘LOL, you’re gay!’ joke. To be fair, he’s also referenced WWE/Saudi Arabia - but on balance, he seems to refer to a disproportionate number of right-wing talking points. 

Could it be more of a case of it’s not him that’s right wing but he’s catering for a right wing audience? As much as we may like to think it, wrestling isn’t some super progressive all encompassing industry any more than a multinational beer company is. Wrestling fans are by and large the same. Gun toting MAGA pisspipes don’t look out of place in wrestling companies or wrestling audiences. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Not that wrestlers being right-wing is unusual. I may be wrong in where his politics sit, but I don’t think it’s a stretch to hold that suspicion. 

SNL make jokes at Biden's expense weekly now days after doing the same for Trump for years. Biden is pretty unpopular, even from the left, and considering Caster has made jokes about Trump before this is just taping into topical discourse. 

46 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Could it be more of a case of it’s not him that’s right wing but he’s catering for a right wing audience? As much as we may like to think it, wrestling isn’t some super progressive all encompassing industry any more than a multinational beer company is. Wrestling fans are by and large the same. Gun toting MAGA pisspipes don’t look out of place in wrestling companies or wrestling audiences. 

That’s definitely possible, to be fair. Or he may be a Russell Brand-type conspiracy theorist. If it’s the former, I’d still say why indulge these people, but I wouldn’t rule it out. Given his privileged upbringing, the gay jokes and the occasional misogynistic comment, I do generally question his judgement.

1 hour ago, Louch said:

I’ve just noticed this part of your comment. I said ‘alt right’, not ‘far right’. While I appreciate that identifying as ‘alt right’ is often a sanitised way of identifying as a Nazi, there’s still a bit of nuance to that label that means it’s not necessarily interchangeable with ‘far right’. 

EDIT: Also, I said I’m ‘starting to suspect’, not that he was. 

31 minutes ago, gmoney said:

He's a sitting president. He's a perfectly fine target for anyone. 

Absolutely, it’s a legitimate thing to do - but it’s his raps in totality - as opposed to one comment - that have given me that impression. I may be wrong, but it’s not a mad idea to hold. I mean, wrestling locker rooms are full of right wingers. Heck, Tony Khan’s dad donated to Trump. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

If ripping on Biden and American liberalism makes you right wing then I'm a full blooded Nazi.

Reminds of when I saw GWAR in Florida. For the encore, they brought out a guy in a Joe Biden suit and did all the usual gross-out decapitation stuff with him. A guy behind us started screaming as if it was the most incredible thing he'd ever seen, and kept trying to start a "fuck Joe Biden" chant, when not turning to (presumably) strangers and telling them how awesome this was, how it was the best thing he'd ever seen, and so on. He got very quiet when they brought out a guy in a Trump outfit and did far worse to him next.

I just thought, "how have you watched this entire show, let alone anything else GWAR have ever done, and concluded that they're on your side?". 

56 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I want to hear Bret Hart about Jay White just standing there holding Komamder’s hand while he’s bouncing around.

I wrote on here years ago about spots and sequences taken out of context; Komander's act makes perfect sense in lucha libre, where the psychology is built around exchanges of momentum, where the wrestler in control is the one with the most kinetic energy - in a weird way, in a conventional lucha setting, Jay would absorb all the momentum that Komander puts into that move with all the bouncing around, but if he were able to roll through it all and end up in a dominant position, he would be taking that momentum for himself.

But, like so much else that has been borrowed from Lucha and imported to American TV wrestling, it makes very little sense when that psychology isn't in play, and the blame for that here should be on producers/road agents as much as on Jay.

Komander is very good at what he does, but what he does is big high spots in opening match Lucha multi-man affairs, not holding his own in a non-Lucha environment. He's going to get over-exposed very quickly, because he doesn't have the depth and creativity that Vikingo has.

48 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

While they don't look out of place, they might be the minority. A lot of studies show that wrestling audiences tend to skew more liberal as a whole than almost any other sport in the US. Though that probably says more about American sport than it does about wrestling.