If you could change or create a law, what would it be?

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

What's legal that shouldn't be? What do you want banned? What's against the law but should be free for all to do and enjoy? It may be something small and realistic or something completely irrational and insane that benefits only you. What would you change in the law?

Me personally - I would make golf illegal. 

Not only is it a stupid, boring game for twats the sheer amount of land that golf courses take up in this country is fucking horrendous. Acres and acres of land used by a very, very small handful of rich elitists to hit a ball with a stick while dressed like idiots. Lands that could be used for public spaces, public housing or sports that are played by the masses and not just a handful of Tories. Or just areas of nature where plants, animals, insects etc. can thrive and be enjoyed by everyone. In a time of housing crises you could fit thousands of homes on every golf course. Or turn them into huge solar power farms to help the masses get cheaper energy. Just use the space for anything but fucking GOLF.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Food delivery mooks must have driving licenses. Sick of these berks zooming through pedestrian zones like they think they have Ambulance priority.

Community service via road sweeping for people who keep flopping their hand out into traffic like an Aardman animation even though the bus is clearly slowing down to pull in. Uppity fuckers spike my anxiety. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

first up against the wall for anyone taking a trolley to a baskets-only queue.

The co-op near where I work has 6 checkouts but only staff the fag counter. It seemingly doesn't matter how much I have they insist on putting it through there while everyone else lines up behind me.

16 minutes ago, Max Power said:

If you do the "School Run", you must live at least a mile from said school.

Anything nearer and you walk, you lazy bastards. And stop double parking whilst you're waiting too, you dickhead.

Fuck off, do you have any idea how long it takes a four year old to walk 0.8 miles. I do, fucking ages is the answer. 

8 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Me personally - I would make golf illegal. 

Not only is it a stupid, boring game for twats the sheer amount of land that golf courses take up in this country is fucking horrendous. Acres and acres of land used by a very, very small handful of rich elitists to hit a ball with a stick while dressed like idiots. Lands that could be used for public spaces, public housing or sports that are played by the masses and not just a handful of Tories. Or just areas of nature where plants, animals, insects etc. can thrive and be enjoyed by everyone. In a time of housing crises you could fit thousands of homes on every golf course. Or turn them into huge solar power farms to help the masses get cheaper energy. Just use the space for anything but fucking GOLF.

While we're at it, let's outlaw professional football. Waste of land, purely so the rich elite can get paid a boat load of money to kick a ball about.

You're allowed to do it "for the love of the game" on weekends down the park. You can have Sunday leagues. 

5 minutes ago, Vamp said:

While we're at it, let's outlaw professional football. Waste of land, purely so the rich elite can get paid a boat load of money to kick a ball about.

You're allowed to do it "for the love of the game" on weekends down the park. You can have Sunday leagues. 

Ah yes, its famously the rich elite that make it in professional football. Not predominantly working class people as I thought.

7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Ah yes, its famously the rich elite that make it in professional football. Not predominantly working class people as I thought.

I suspect he may have been using the rhetoric of the original post surrounding golf being for rich people and applying it to a different sport for comedic effect.