Jesus Fucking Christ

Frankie Crisp

On 9/21/2023 at 7:17 AM, StrongStyle said:

Not to say that pundits of old were poetlaureates or anything of the sort, but the vocabulary of most pundits really has gone down the toilet of late. The greatest hits usually include:

- Repeatedly referring to a player's attributes (pace/range of passing/finishing ability) as "frightening"

- Referring to talented players as "a joke"

- "STOP THAT!"

You actually tend to find the best pundits around are Scottish: Ally McCoist is the best in the business because his unbridled enthusiasm blends well with his insight (if you can tolerate him shouting 'AAABSHOLUTELY, JON - HE'S DONE EVER SO WELL THERE!') But even the likes of Michael Stewart give you an insightful, intelligent account of what is going on without resorting to cringeworthy platitudes or using playground terms to articulate themselves.

Somebody has never heard Kenny Miller try and string a sentence together.

• 1 month later...

My girlfriend is playing Red Dead 2 and is trying to complete the challenges. I asked her what one she is doing and she said she has to catch a 19lb fish. 

I did the “Come here” gesture with my fingers and started singing “Come on ladies, come on ladies, 19lb fish, very very good 19lb fish, very very cheap 19lb fish” etc and thought I was king shit for being so clever and witty

She liked aghast and said “What the fuck are you on about” and had to explain one pound fish man, his brief fame, pop chart attempt and subsequent deportation. She shook her head and glared at me before returning to her game. 

At least on here my humour and wit is appreciated fully. 

• Paid Members

I don't what I did to sway the algorithms, but for the last two months Facebook has bombarded me with posts from flat Earth groups. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help reading them and (Jesus fucking Christ) the arguments are far more mental than I could have imagined. 

In amongst the flat Earthers, there's Moon deniers, gravity deniers, believers in multiple natural suns, believers that there are additional man-made suns, etc. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

In amongst the flat Earthers, there's Moon deniers, gravity deniers, believers in multiple natural suns, believers that there are additional man-made suns, etc. 

Lately I get the feeling that I'm not so much being pulled down as I am being pushed.

12 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I don't what I did to sway the algorithms, but for the last two months Facebook has bombarded me with posts from flat Earth groups

If you're using a computer and not the app on a phone I recommend Fluff Busting Purity. It's great for hiding all the crap Facebook tries to push on you, and you can add your own custom filters too so a quick add of "flat earth" means you'll never see a post containing the words again.

53 minutes ago, Tamura said:

If you're using a computer and not the app on a phone I recommend Fluff Busting Purity. It's great for hiding all the crap Facebook tries to push on you, and you can add your own custom filters too so a quick add of "flat earth" means you'll never see a post containing the words again.

There is zero chance I am googling that ffs. 

Edited by SuperBacon

3 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

As a great man once said:

I’m not a flat earther, I’m just saying there’s some things about it. I don’t think you can handle it.”

The gay community?

Edit: I had to look the full thing up.

This is such a funny response.

Bryan: "Hey AJ, do you want to talk about how you think the Earth is flat?"

Styles: "You want to talk about how your feet are flat?"

Edited by SuperBacon
AJ is a nutter

• Paid Members

Those who don’t read the Big Brother thread will have missed the other night where housemate Chanelle got into a debate of how she believes there’s two moons. One on our side of the planet and one on Australia’s. The fact sometimes the moon is big and sometimes it’s little means it’s not the same moon.