Chris B

Punk obviously is incredibly hard headed, but everyone has come off as an idiot in this. Especially given that if they were able to sort this out it could be an insanely great feud and lead to some brilliant TV.

As for people saying nobody has supported Punk, I'm pretty sure that he's not universally hated in the back. There's lot of guys who have spoken well of him since he got there. Seems like such a stupid way for this all to end

32 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

If it means I never have to hear the words ā€œpipebomb promoā€ ever again, Iā€™m all for him leaving the industry completely.

Why would him leaving the industry put that term to bed? He already left the industry for 7 years and it was all over the place.

13 hours ago, boyfriend said:

Anyone else gutted?

Nope, Iā€™m very pleased.

I have always considered CM Punk to be a hugely overrated performer, mainly by himself. Ā He never had the physique or the athleticism that I look for in a wrestler, and his character was always obnoxious, in a way that generally lessened his opponents rather than enhanced them.

Itā€™s one thing to act like youā€™re the top guy and expect the world on a plate if youā€™re Hogan, or Cena, or Austin. Ā Guys who genuinely built the industry and carried companies on their back.

Ā Punk has occasionally moved the needle but is not anywhere near the level he thinks he is.

Ā His return to wrestling fulfilled all his ambitions - he got positioned as the top star, given clean wins over younger, over talent and finally got to carry a company on his shoulders, and he couldnā€™t. Ā Because heā€™s not that guy, and never was.

Ā Good riddance I say. Ā AEW was worse when they were trying to accommodate him, and is immediately better for his absence.

I just hope this cures Khan of his obsession with ROH. Ā That company was always just an indy. Ā Anyone with talent left and made a bigger name for themselves in TNA or WWE. Ā Stop trying to recreate a mid level organisation from 20 years ago and concentrate on the far more important brand youā€™ve already got. Ā No more Punk, or Chris Hero, or whoever else he hasnā€™t yet signed. Ā You have Moxley, Omega, MJF.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

It feels like these most recent blowup is him crashing into another midlife crisis, railing against the realisation that his body simply can't do what he wants it to anymore.

Going by comments he's made Punk seems to have some kind of problem with body issues. He's said multiple times over the years and even recently that he doesn't like to watch his old matches back because he thinks he looks fat, how much it bothered him when he was WWE Champion and people would comment on how small he is and how upset and insulted he was when he found out Vince didn't think he looked tough enough to win a real fight against any of the top WWE stars. Additionally he has always tried to do things in his matches that he's clearly not athletic enough to do, like recently when he tried a couple of times to do Buckshot Lariats and fell on his arse every time he tried it.Ā 

The more you look into it the guy just seems to be a real mess of different issues and contradictions. Hopefully he'll be a happier person just sitting at home hanging out with his dog and going to hockey games away from the spotlight.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Shit fantasy booking time!

I'd like to see MJF beat Mox clean, getting the handshake and Mox stamp of approval at the end, then the Elite return and kick the shit out of Mox/MJF. Do an injury angle with Mox so he can finally enjoy his holiday, Elite can claim they're getting revenge for Hangman's injury (if they want to bring shoot-shit into it), and the next 4 months can be Elite vs MJF and BCC matchups with an MJF vs Omega title program in there somewhere. I don't know where the Firm fits in but they're shite anyway.

I don't think it'll happen as Elite will most likely return as faces, but for me there's still a lot they can do as a heel unit.

As a former fan who watched obsessively from 1990 - 2005 and now only watches shoot interviews of former stars and the occassional short YouTube clip of the modern product in order to whine and moan about how shit is - I'm sad to see a familiar and engaging character leave the industry.Ā 

I haven't watched any of Punk's matches, but I've loved his promo work and that initial return was one of the best moments in wrestling history. He does seem like a bit of an angry brat in the mould of Austin Aries who will always be a brooding moody employee regardless of his conditions.

He seems too stubborn to let bygones be bygones and turn this into a work, but time is a great healer so who knows. That would be epic if he came back in the future.

Ā 

Edited by IronSheik

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, Factotum said:

Punk obviously is incredibly hard headed, but everyone has come off as an idiot in this. Especially given that if they were able to sort this out it could be an insanely great feud and lead to some brilliant TV.

As for people saying nobody has supported Punk, I'm pretty sure that he's not universally hated in the back. There's lot of guys who have spoken well of him since he got there. Seems like such a stupid way for this all to end

Wade Keller reported that from the people he's spoken to in the company, if they did a backstage vote, they'd be surprised if Punk got many votes, if any at all. Seems the tide has (rightly) completely turned on him after the presser. I bet even FTR can be found mumbling, "Bret wasn't that good."

17 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Wade Keller reported that from the people he's spoken to in the company, if they did a backstage vote, they'd be surprised if Punk got many votes, if any at all. Seems the tide has (rightly) completely turned on him after the presser. I bet even FTR can be found mumbling, "Bret wasn't that good."

Certainly his actions were out of order but before that I don't think he was some maniacal prick backstage. Seems all this could have been sorted earlier with a sitdown

According to Wrestlinginc's Nick HausmanĀ (didn't Punk attempt to confront him at the All Out presser?), CM Punk's dog Larry was struck by the door when it was kicked in, causing him to have two teeth removed. Punk's camp is also claiming, according to the report, that AEW has not reached out to him since the incident. The article also goes into a bit more detail about his apparent defence, and his feelings on Hangman Page; if you care about that.Ā 

I'm not sure what to make of any of it, but what I will say is that if the thing about the dog is true, no matter how accidental it was (and I'm pretty certain it was), I kind of understand why Punk would have reacted that way in the moment. I'd be livid if my dog was struck by a door.Ā 

• Paid Members

Larry getting hurt definitely puts the whole thing into a more understandable context. It also mentioned that AEW didn't want him to comment on it. If I were to guess I'd say this has been leaked now so that of if he's forced to sign a non disclosure agreement to get the buy out it's already public. Certainly puts him in a more favourable light in regard to the actual fight.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I'm not sure what to make of any of it, but what I will say is that if the thing about the dog is true, no matter how accidental it was (and I'm pretty certain it was), I kind of understand why Punk would have reacted that way in the moment. I'd be livid if my dog was struck by a door.Ā 

Oh absolutely but also the connection between the incident and the dog's teeth aren't as immediate as it's made out to be either. The dog already had a vet appointment booked and they found a couple of loose teeth and asked if he wanted them removed. It's not like the dog got blasted and his teeth whiffed out his gob, but to be fair the dog is at least 7-8 years old so loose teeth are going to naturally occur anyway.