Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

United finally have a good manager who knows what is required of making a functioning winning team  plus potentially an even bigger #warchest than usual

Not a chance this is happening. United will be able to make one big signing and the rest will be dependent on who they can get rid off. A striker, whoever that may be, Sabitzer on a cheap permanent deal, and a couple of prospects are all United are getting this summer.

15 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

fuck knows what Spurs will be like,

2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

United will be able to make one big signing and the rest will be dependent on who they can get rid off. A striker, whoever that may be,

Lads please. I'm trying to enjoy my evening.

It will be interesting to see if United do go balls deep for Kane. He takes them up a notch but will they do the big money on an ageing forward thing again. Then there’s the young lad Ferguson at Brighton. Do Spurs take £100m for Kane and go get him with change leftover to win the net spend trophy or maybe Ten Hag prefers a young team and goes straight for a young forward to model in his own image. 

Would Kane go somewhere like Bayern?

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Lads please. I'm trying to enjoy my evening.

This might not be any comfort for you because he'll probably go elsewhere, but I'm not completely sure if United will go for Kane. I wonder if ten Hag might want someone younger, also maybe put Rashford through the centre and bring in another support forward like Jonathan David. David and Kolo Muani would probably be cheaper options, too.

Hes 30 this summer, with probably 6/7 years left as he adapts the game. He's not that old!

I do think he signs another years extension which would probably see him break Shearers record and then he pops off to Munich or wherever to win the DFB Pokal to validate his career.

10 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Is this "He's signing another years extension" thing something with substance behind it or wishful thinking Rashers? My brother in law is also a Spurs fan and he seems to think he's signing another years extension as well. 

Wishy washy answer, but a bit of both really. Like I say, I think two more seasons would probably give him Shearers record (he's 50 off, and has 27 this season in a shit team) and that's surely what he's aiming for. Of course he could get there with United (and probably quicker) but he seems happy-ish in recent interviews (Ryan Mason staying on helped), and it all probably depends on who Spurs bring in as the new manager. I am sure he would succeed, but there is no guarantee he 'works' at United. Plenty of great strikers have flopped on moves that seemed a certain thing.

At the end of the day, we either get money for him now, or he goes for free next summer, but I'm sure him helping Spurs to another CL campaign is worth just as much as a transfer fee would probably be anyway. One thing I saw that was mooted to try and help him stay was the possibility of us building a statue of him outside the stadium, which is silly, as that will 100% happen anyway wouldn't it?

Fuck it, make him the manager and give him a new 10 year deal. On that note, not enough testimonials in football these days Clive.

• Paid Members

I thought of @Keith Houchen Saturday morning. I was travelling down from Manchester to the family home which is past the Molineux then about 20 minutes further down the A449. Stopping at Stafford services I crossed paths with some Man Utd fans. When I got home my mothers partner confirmed his precious Wolves were playing United. Imagine my delight when he switched telly on and I realised the game was at Old Trafford, meaning those travelling reds were having a break on their journey up the country on the way to a home game.

In the interest of fairness, I do often see taxis driving around the Manchester/Salford area randomly licensed by Wolverhampton City Council so I’m starting to believe the two areas might be linked by a trans dimensional portal, making the West Midlands a sort of “Upside Down” to Greater Manchester. Which explains a lot.

• Awards Moderator
9 hours ago, air_raid said:

In the interest of fairness, I do often see taxis driving around the Manchester/Salford area randomly licensed by Wolverhampton City Council so I’m starting to believe the two areas might be linked by a trans dimensional portal, making the West Midlands a sort of “Upside Down” to Greater Manchester. Which explains a lot.

Not footy-related but on this, it’s due to Wolverhampton council being able to fast-track licence renewals for cabbies. Loads of northern councils - include the shitshow of my local one - have got a massive backlog and are taking up to 3 months for renewals but failed to communicate it. As a result loads of cabbies are having to drive to Wolves for instant renewal to prevent loss of work.

It’s also allowing genuine Wolverhampton cabbies to go to those cities unquestioned to get some decent fares on matchdays and big events.

Boring, I know.

• Paid Members
On 5/14/2023 at 9:48 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Not a chance this is happening. United will be able to make one big signing and the rest will be dependent on who they can get rid off. A striker, whoever that may be, Sabitzer on a cheap permanent deal, and a couple of prospects are all United are getting this summer.

And now they look about to sign Kim Min-jae so the reverse psychology has started working already. Not the Napoli player I was hoping they'd get but Osimhen is out of their price range anyway*.

* I'm trying it again.

Rumours swirling (Clive) of Spurs going in for Thomas Frank.

Obviously I would be delighted with that* (take Toney and Raya with you mate) but he needs his head examining if he makes that move. From one of the best run clubs in Europe to an ever worsening shit show.

*sorry Grandad.

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Rumours swirling (Clive) of Spurs going in for Thomas Frank.

Obviously I would be delighted with that* (take Toney and Raya with you mate) but he needs his head examining if he makes that move. From one of the best run clubs in Europe to an ever worsening shit show.

*sorry Grandad.

Frank would be a great appointment for Spurs. They could use a coach with fresh ideas who is used to getting the most out of players in terms of man management.

I genuinely think Graham Potter could do a job at Spurs. I know his time at Chelsea wasn't good, but he was always on a hiding to nothing there no matter what. Obviously he's not the glamourous and popular choice that Levy will plump for, but I think he's got it in him to be a really good top level coach. If you look back at what he did with Brighton, in terms of bringing players through and getting the best out of the squad, as well as building from the ground up he did a fantastic job.  

Given Spurs need a bit of a rebuiId, I think he would have a great shot at elevating Tottenham and getting them playing some tactically astute, attractive football. So obviously I hope you bring in Brendan Rodgers, or Scott Parker instead.  Fuck it, bring back Mourinho. 

11 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Fuck it, bring back Mourinho

Who is actually doing a decent job with Roma. Did you see that thing the other week where he said he was wearing a wire as he didn't trust the referee and wanted to record the conversation just in case? 😆

An all time nutter who I do like, just not when he's in charge of your team.

Frank or Potter would do me. Be happy with either now Dad has started shagging some rich slag from West London.

• Paid Members
Just now, SuperBacon said:

Who is actually doing a decent job with Roma. Did you see that thing the other week where he said he was wearing a wire as he didn't trust the referee and wanted to record the conversation just in case? 😆

An all time nutter who I do like, just not when he's in charge of your team.

Frank or Potter would do me. Be happy with either now Dad has started shagging some rich slag from West London.

Italy definitely suits him, in fairness. It's far easier to like him when he's taking his own particular brand of eccentricity to a different league.