Fog Dude

• Paid Members

Premier League

Crystal Palace 1-0 Aston Villa
Everton 0-1 Nottingham Forest
Fulham 1-2 Brentford
Leicester City 2-1 Southampton
Leeds United 0-2 Chelsea (Sunday 14:00) 
Newcastle United 1-3 Manchester City (Sunday 16:30)

La Liga
Celta Vigo w/Fog Dude 0-3 Real Madrid (21:00) 
Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Valencia (Sunday 16:30)
Real Sociedad 0-0 Barcelona (Sunday 21:00)

A Primeira Liga
Porto 3-1 Sporting Lisbon (20:30)

Week 3 fixtures

Premier League

Crystal Palace 1 v 1 Aston Villa
Everton 1 v 1 Nottingham Forest
Fulham 1 v 2  Brentford
Leicester City 2 v 1 Southampton
Leeds United 0 v 2 Chelsea (Sunday 14:00) 
Newcastle United 0 v 3 Manchester City (Sunday 16:30)

La Liga
Celta Vigo w/Fog Dude 0 v 2 Real Madrid (21:00) 
Athletic Bilbao 1 v 1 Valencia (Sunday 16:30)
Real Sociedad 1 v 2 Barcelona (Sunday 21:00)

A Primeira Liga
Porto 2 v Sporting Lisbon (20:30)

Week 3 fixtures

Premier League

Crystal Palace 1-1 Aston Villa
Everton 2-1 Nottingham Forest
Fulham 1-0 Brentford
Leicester City 2-1 Southampton
Leeds United 0-3 Chelsea (Sunday 14:00) 
Newcastle United 1-2 Manchester City (Sunday 16:30)

La Liga
Celta Vigo w/Fog Dude 0-2 Real Madrid (21:00) 
Athletic Bilbao 1-1 Valencia (Sunday 16:30)
Real Sociedad 1-2 Barcelona (Sunday 21:00)

A Primeira Liga
Porto 2-0 Sporting Lisbon (20:30)

• Paid Members

Starting lineup for this week:

GK: Guita

DEF: Perisic, Trent AA, Cancelo, N.Williams

MID: Salah, Martinelli, Bowen, J.DaSilva

FWD: Haaland, Jesus. 

Bench: Ward, Kristensen, Colback, Broja. 

My bench is not worth a fuck really. Kristensenight prove worthwhile at some point. Transfers made this week (free transfer rolled over):

Murphy (NEW) out for DaSilva (BRE) in. Cost me 0.1 to make it. 

Cash (AV) out for N. Williams (N.For) in. Saved £1M. The £0.9M saved was going to be added to getting rid of Perisic next week had he not been in the starting lineup today, with an eventual eye to make up enough cash in order to upgrade on Broja with a £6.5-7M starter. May have to rethink now how I will make up the funds, as Broja is not going to be an addition at all unless he moves clubs. 

Screenshot_20220820-125929.jpg

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members

Barring a Barcelona win this evening I've still not managed a single correct result prediction so far. Unprecedented after three weeks. Is it too late to start again?!

A poor day in FPL terms with James, Mount and Cancelo all blanking with only Haaland sparing my blushes for now. Trippier and Almiron both scored today, but of course I've benched them because they were playing Man City. Devastated. Especially with Almiron - I've been a massive advocate for keeping him in my squad and he'd started my previous two games. 

Need Trent and Salah to rip Man United to pieces tomorrow. Or, for the game to be called off so I can pick up Almiron and Trippier's bench points!

• Paid Members

Struggling to decide this week, based on respective opponents' performances on Saturday, where captaincy should go... who do I expect to score more, Arsenal at home to Fulham or City at home to Palace??

• Paid Members

Salah will be steering my ship again I think - unless he properly shits the bed tonight. I'm massively tempted though to switch him to De Brunye - City just look so good, even in games like yesterday where they find it tougher going than usual. 

If you don't have Mo then I think Jesus will run Fulham ragged. Going back to pre-season he's been scoring at the Emirates for fun. Palace to me look quite tidy and I think that's exactly the sort of game that Haaland will be frustrated in. Foden is an absolute bugger for not squaring to Haaland when the goal is gaping, so unless he's benched I'd expect ore of that next week. 

Zaha will feature for me when I wildcard in the next couple of weeks or so - he's been electric for Palace in every game so far. An absolute menace for defenders. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

The results for the Predictions League went into the initial post last night. Table update to come tomorrow night, but in the meantime I'd say ol' Facesitter doesn't have too much to worry about. The first few weeks have not been a complete write-off! We'll find out in 10 days if you lot have voted to make the World Cup rounds count or not, mind.

I was going to wait until after tonight's game to do my personal Fantasy League update, but then I remembered Alisson is now the only player involved and I've benched him anyway. Lloris got me 9 points on Saturday so I'm happy with that, and the 3 outfielders I left as subs all only got 1 point each, which means my selection instincts weren't too bad this time. Unfortunately my captain's picks weren't so great. Son didn't set the world alight like he usually does at a Spurs home game, so his 3 points double up to just 6.

Still, that's better than my vice-captain, Cancelo, who played 90 minutes but nonetheless scored a bit fat zero due to City's defensive calamities yesterday. My remaining defenders only got the bog standard 2 points each, as did my West Ham duo of Rice and Antonio. They might've done okay in Europe in midweek, but that matters poop all if they go 3 games without scoring in the league. Elsewhere in midfield, Lingard and Ward-Prowse combined for a total of 10 points, the same as Jesus and Kane's shared total up front.

Overall, then, that makes 43 points for the round and 116 in the general classification so far. A slight uptick on the first two matchdays, but it'll take a couple of well above average weeks to get me closer to where I want to be. That's been enough to move me up slightly in half of my leagues, but that might be a false position if the people who've fallen below me have got lots of Liverpool and Man U players in their first XI. 

The latest table has now been uploaded and it'll go live in the original post in just a jiffy. I've added a line in the middle of the standings because there's already a six-point gap between the top and bottom halves. Still, all the participants placed sixth or lower currently have both their D2D turns left to play, so there are plenty of chances to make up that deficit. Speaking of which, I got mine spectacularly wrong as Celta's one decent player, Iago Aspas, made Real Madrid angry with an equaliser so they then put 3 more goals past the otherwise hapless hosts.

All 8 other players this week gleefully nabbed the bonus points on offer. @Vegeta skipped this round, which is quite out of character. Let's hope that was just a rare one-week aberration because the classification and the FPL Cup format are both a lot neater with an even number of people involved. That leaves him in last place, level with joint lowest scorer Rory. Nicko actually moves off the bottom despite, as he pointed out himself, not actually getting an exact score right yet. Nobody made it into double figures this time, but best performer Seph moves up into second spot, two points behind defending champion and early leader MVP RULZ.

If you're wondering how ultimo got an extra bonus point and I managed to salvage one, well, the randomly selected 'wildcard' fixture was once again match #3, from which nobody got the scoreline spot on for a potential 2 bonus points. We were the only people to bet on a Fulham home win, however, so that's enough to get a rollover bonus each. Away from that five-goal thriller at Craven Cottage and the one-sided affair at Balaidos, an equally comfortable away victory for Barcelona and a narrower success Bilbao mainly proved fruitful.

The huge clash in Portugal produced a margin for the home side that was bigger than pickers were expecting, but it was nonetheless generally good for single-point scoring. Closer to home, a few participants guessed well on a score draw at Goodison and a reverse on the road for Villa, but triumphs for Leeds and Saints and six goals ending up shared evenly at St James's all turned out tougher to foresee.

The next card – a Bank Holiday special – should be up at the top of the thread shortly. The gimmicky complication of Dare 2 Disagree is being given a rest for a week too, but in the following round-up I'll have some stats about the teams that were selected (without giving away too many details, I hope), so be on the lookout for that.

Week 4 fixtures

Premier League

Brentford 2-1 Everton
Brighton & Hove Albion 2-1 Leeds United
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-0 Newcastle United (Sunday 14:00)
Nottingham Forest 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday 16:30)

National League (Monday)
Scunthorpe United 2-1 Halifax Town 
York City 1-2 Oldham Athletic

Serie A
Juventus 1-1 Roma (17:30)
Fiorentina 1-2 Napoli (Sunday 19:45)

Austrian Bundesliga (Sunday 16:00)
Austria Klagenfurt 1–2 Austria Vienna
Rapid Vienna 1-1 Sturm Graz 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Premier League

Brentford 2-0 Everton

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-2 Leeds United

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-2 Newcastle United (Sunday 14:00)

Nottingham Forest 0-2 Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday 16:30)

National League (Monday)

York City 2-0 Oldham Athletic

Serie A

Juventus 2-1 Roma (17:30)

Fiorentina 2-0 Napoli (Sunday 19:45)

Austrian Bundesliga (Sunday 16:00)

Austria Klagenfurt 0-2 Austria Vienna

Rapid Vienna 2-0 Sturm Graz 

All games take place on Saturday and kick off at 15:00 unless stated. Start times are listed in BST.

Shit I honestly thought, I sent them last week, sorry @Fog Dude it's been a bit hectic lately. I'll double check in the future 

• Paid Members

Off the bottom, lovely! Will fire over my score predictions before the weekend. Maybe this week I'll finally get a correct score. 

1350944386_Screenshot2022-08-24at22_38_15.thumb.png.d186fcea7ad6e7a5ac55e1cba7cdcae2.png

Ramsdale
A nice 'clean shit' as Lacazette would say. 

Trent AA
What has happened to the man?! No proper returns for three weeks on the spin, deary me. Keeping the faith for this weekend for when they play Bournemouth but time to consider some alternative options where I might be able to save some cash and spare some blushes. Still got forward plenty and always a threat but Liverpool are all over the shop at the moment.  

James
Not a weekend to remember for Chelsea - James was still one of their most promising players. 

Cancelo
Quiet by his standards against Newcastle but some good fixtures coming up to keep the returns adding up. 

Williams
Played well against Everton and had a couple of good chances created, nearly kept the clean sheet too. Gutted I swapped him in for Trippier though. 

Martinelli
The postman during these first three weeks. 

Salah
Sticking the armband on him saved my blushes and secured a half century. 

Mount
Looked more lively against Leeds and almost scored, but still nowhere near his best. Keeping the faith for their game against Leicester and will make a call on switching him after that. 

Andreas
Excellent budget enabler - constant focal point of Fulham's attack with set pieces and assist potential. 

Haaland
Yes, he scored but the jury is still out for me - thought the link up with his teammates would be a lot more productive but the likes of Foden keep blowing opportunities to square it to him, and defenders are trying to suffocate him out of games. Can pop up at any moment and bag a goal but there are other forwards who can score and stand more chance of earning additional points for their endeavours. 

Jesus
A premium forward in disguise - a joy to watch. Deserved more FPL points. A captaincy option at home to Fulham where he could potentially run riot over them. 

Bench
Gutted to have benched Trippier and Almiron! Ward and Archer will be coming out when I wildcard - they're doing the square root of fuck all. 

Overall
Still pretty happy with my team even though I'm quite low in the standings - will be rolling the transfer this week so I have two to play with ahead of the first midweek set of fixtures. Will likely throw Trippier straight back in, then I just need to make a call on Andreas vs Almiron for the budget midfield spot. 

Think I might bust out the Wildcard from GW6 depending on how things go midweek. Key problem at the moment is that I need a more capable third forward who will actually play and potentially yield returns - mostly because Pep is going to rotate Haaland. Also considering swapping Ramsdale out for Sanchez, then getting another Arsenal outfield player in to triple up. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

Week 4 fixtures

Premier League

Brentford 2-1 Everton
Brighton & Hove Albion 2-0 Leeds United
Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Newcastle United (Sunday 14:00)
Nottingham Forest 1-3 Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday 16:30)

National League (Monday)
York City 0-2 Oldham Athletic

Serie A
Juventus 1-2 Roma (17:30)
Fiorentina 0-3 Napoli (Sunday 19:45)

Austrian Bundesliga (Sunday 16:00)
Austria Klagenfurt 0-2 Austria Vienna
Rapid Vienna 2-2 Sturm Graz 

23 hours ago, Vegeta said:

Shit I honestly thought, I sent them last week, sorry @Fog Dude it's been a bit hectic lately. I'll double check in the future 

Not to worry mate. I know life gets in the way sometimes and like I said, it seemed such an oversight by your standards that I was sure it was just a one-week aberration. Unfortunately I can't give you any points for the last round, but I'm just glad to know you're not giving up this early in the season. 

Anyhow, onto my picks: 

Premier League

Brentford 3-0 Everton
Brighton & Hove Albion 2-1 Leeds United
Wolves 1-1 Newcastle United 
Nottingham Forest 2-2 Spurs 

National League 
Scunthorpe United 2-0 Halifax Town 
York City 1-0 Oldham Athletic

Serie A
Juventus 0-0 Roma 
Fiorentina 3-1 Napoli 

Proper Bundesliga 
Austria Klagenfurt 3-3 Austria Vienna
Rapid Vienna 1-2 Sturm Graz 

• Paid Members

Calling wins for Brentford, Newcastle and Spurs this weekend...which now I've done that, will inevitably go the other way. 

Week 4 fixtures
Premier League
Brentford 2-0 Everton
Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Leeds United
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-1 Newcastle United (Sunday 14:00)
Nottingham Forest 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday 16:30)

National League (Monday)
Scunthorpe United 3-3 Halifax Town 
York City 0-1 Oldham Athletic

Serie A
Juventus 2-1 Roma (17:30)
Fiorentina 1-1 Napoli (Sunday 19:45)

Austrian Bundesliga (Sunday 16:00)
Austria Klagenfurt 2-2 Austria Vienna
Rapid Vienna 2-2 Sturm Graz