UKFF FPLs 2022-23

Fog Dude

On 6/7/2023 at 11:05 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

2nd to @MVP RULZOnce again

Congrats.

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but you dropped to third place behind ultimo at the very end there mate. 

I know it can be difficult to find the link to the standings among my usual wall of text, which is why we embed it into a post at the very end of the season. So on that note, here is the final classification for the record books: 

spacer.png

Not much more to say about this, but it's notable that Stinky's season fell away somewhat as he sank into mid-table behind a returning seph, so he appears among both the positive and negative stats. The champion is unsurprisingly found twice there, with my own username also to be seen three times on the right-hand side. Again, not exactly shocking.

The only other noteworthy thing to add would be that ultimo would've won the whole thing if he hadn't skipped 3 entire rounds. Even though he hasn't missed a round for months, and last time he did it hardly looked like he'd be in title contention, it just goes to show that it does pay to stay on the ball and make posting your picks part of your weekly routine. 

Keep in mind that partial missed weeks are not accounted for when working out the averages. Shy Dad and Nicko make a return in this archived version of the table. The former would be welcomed back with open arms next season, the latter would be treated with a tad more suspicion. Oh, and we're definitely not following any whims in August that by March were clearly utter brainfarts, i.e. the thread will be just about the Predictions and Fantasy League discussion will have to go elsewhere again. Adding a write-up about that every week added to my workload and it felt so futile when it was clear fairly early on that nobody else was about to provide even occasional updates as to how they were going. 

As for the question from our champion, I'm not the best custodian at this as on my current laptop I've only got the archive from the past 4 of my 15(!!) seasons of running this. Plus, we had to switch image-hosting sites for the table from Photobucket to imgur somewhere along the way, so quite a bit was lost at that point too. But regardless, @MVP RULZ has definitely won 3 of the last 4 with only my complete anomaly somehow preventing 4 in a row, and instinctively I feel like he won at least one more back when there were quite a few more people taking part. 

So that's it then. For somebody who said they were so totally done with the current season, I was still enough of a football junkie to be tuning into the Conference League final on YouTube (via the smart TV, natch) and checking the Irish play-off results this past midweek.

If nobody else comes forward to organise it, then I'll start a sign-up thread week commencing the 24th of July, with the main thread following on the evening of the 9th of August. In the meantime, either enjoy the men's Champions League final and the internationals plus the preliminary rounds of next season's UEFA club competitions, or else just take a break from footie for a while if that's what you prefer.

Me? I'll be trying to find a stream of the Spezia v Verona relegation playout on Sunday night, then adding some Premier League fixtures to the 2023-24 spreadsheet by Thursday lunchtime...