UKFF FPLs 2022-23

Fog Dude

Now that the Fantasy League Gameweek is finally over, my provisional score is 93 points, bringing me to 2,052 overall. That puts me up in five leagues, static in the rest. Looks like I'm out of one of the UKFF cups and well as that of a group for neurodiverse people in the West of England. I've snuck through to the semis against my cousin once removed in the family cup, and am comfortably progressing versus election nerds, mates from secondary school and last but not least, in the all-important Chippy Tea Cup.

Pope did score one more point than Alisson in the end. Mitoma turned out to be a poor choice for the armband after all, with his 5 points doubling up to 10. In addition to the players mentioned in the previous post, Haaland, Burn, Tripper and even his own team-mate Lewis Dunk would've been a better pick. That basically cost me any chance of hitting a century for the round. Glad I didn't use up the triple Chip this time, at least.

I am, however, cashing in the treble captaincy on the Norwegian goal machine next time (as boringly obvious a tactic as that is) with Dunk as back-up. I'm prioritising players with a double header once again, so I've left Alisson, Ings, Robinson and Rice on the bench in that order somewhat reluctantly because they've only got one match apiece, even though it's a very winnable home fixture in each case. We'll see how that works out in a few days, I suppose... 

===

Premier League

Bournemouth 0-2 Manchester United
Liverpool 3-2 Aston Villa
Wolves 0-3 Everton
Nottingham Forest 1-1 Arsenal 
Manchester City w/Vegeta 3-1 Chelsea 

FA Trophy Final
Gateshead 1-0 Halifax Town (@ Wembley)

Ligue 1
Lille 2-0 Olympique de Marseille 
Nice 0-0 Toulouse 
Auxerre 1-2 Paris Saint-Germain 

A Primeira Liga
Sporting Clube 2-2 SL e Benfica

Week 42 fixtures 

Premier League

Bournemouth 1-2 Manchester United
Liverpool 2-0 Aston Villa
Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Everton
Nottingham Forest 2-2 Arsenal (17:30)
Manchester City w/Vegeta 2-0 Chelsea (Sunday 16:00)

FA Trophy Final
Gateshead 2-0 Halifax Town (Sunday 16:15, at Wembley Stadium)

Ligue Un
Lille 1-3 Olympique de Marseille (20:00)
Nice 2-1 Toulouse (Sunday 14:00)
Auxerre 1-2 Paris St Germain (Sunday 19:45)

A Primeira Liga
Sporting Lisbon 1-2 Benfica (Sunday 20:30)

Premier League

Bournemouth 1 v 1 Manchester United
Liverpool 2 v 1 Aston Villa
Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 v 0 Everton
Nottingham Forest 1 v 2 Arsenal (17:30)
Manchester City w/Vegeta 3 v 1 Chelsea (Sunday 16:00)

FA Trophy Final
Gateshead 1 v 2 Halifax Town (Sunday 16:15, at Wembley Stadium)

Ligue Un
Lille 1 v 1 Olympique de Marseille (20:00)
Nice 1 v 0 Toulouse (Sunday 14:00)
Auxerre 1 v 2 Paris St Germain (Sunday 19:45)

A Primeira Liga
Sporting Lisbon  1 v 1 Benfica (Sunday 20:30)

Week 42 fixtures 

Premier League

Bournemouth 0-2 Manchester United
Liverpool 1-1 Aston Villa
Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Everton
Nottingham Forest 1-2 Arsenal (17:30)
Manchester City w/Vegeta 2-0 Chelsea (Sunday 16:00)

FA Trophy Final
Gateshead 1-2 Halifax Town (Sunday 16:15, at Wembley Stadium)

Ligue Un
Lille 1-1 Olympique de Marseille (20:00)
Nice 1-0 Toulouse (Sunday 14:00)
Auxerre 0-3 Paris St Germain (Sunday 19:45)

A Primeira Liga
Sporting Lisbon 2-2 Benfica (Sunday 20:30)

• Paid Members

Week 42 fixtures 

Premier League

Manchester City w/Vegeta 4-0 Chelsea (Sunday 16:00)

FA Trophy Final
Gateshead 2-1 Halifax Town (Sunday 16:15, at Wembley Stadium)

Ligue Un
Lille 1-2 Olympique de Marseille (20:00)
Nice 2-1 Toulouse (Sunday 14:00)
Auxerre 1-3 Paris St Germain (Sunday 19:45)

A Primeira Liga
Sporting Lisbon 2-2 Benfica (Sunday 20:30)

I'm on a measly 30 points so far this round in the Fantasy League. That's below average and puts me down in two leagues (including Chippy Tea, unfortunately) and level in the rest.

Of the Cups I was knocked out of last time, I was admittedly thrashed in one but in another I lost by only 4 points, and in the other I succumbed by a mere 2 points! Agonising stuff.

This season I'm on course to make it to just a single Cup final, which would be a disappointing step backwards considering I won 2 of them last campaign.

The best performers in my squad this week are Kieran Tripper and Declan Rice... but I left the latter in the last sub spot in what could prove to have been his last home game for The Hammers. Triple Captain seems wasted on Haaland at the moment. Haven't decided what to do with my last free transfer of the season yet, so I'll let you all know once the current Gameweek has been completed.

===

On a similar note, that Man City-Chelsea should never have ended up as the D2D match in all honesty, considering it turned out to have nothing riding on it after all. It's been an unusual season in terms of scheduling, and in fairness, when somebody keeps picking City as their second choice (which means that turn will likely fall in the second half of the season) and they've been an absolute machine in the run-in for 5 of the past 6 years, something like this was bound to happen sooner or later. 

That said, Vegeta hardly receiving any bonus points despite getting his D2D bet correct, in a round where I'm top scorer, is just what the doctor ordered in terms of making things exciting at the foot of the standings. By the same token, we appear to have a bit of a title race again as the chasing pack of Tilde and ultimo both made it into double figures to close the gap to MVP RULZ at the summit. 

So yeah, the results went into the first post on Sunday night and the table has since has its penultimate ordinary update for the present term. It was a high-scoring round, with the remaining bonuses coming from the randomly selected "wildcard" fixture, the FA Trophy Final. Nobody got the exact scoreline of 1-0 – or at least, not the right way around – but 4 participants did at least foresee a win for the Shaymen to claim an extra point apiece.

Elsewhere, victories on the road for Man Utd and PSG plus dramatic score draws at Anfield, Molineux and the Estádio José Alvalade were generally fruitful, but a stalemate in Nice and crucial away reverses for Arsenal and Marseille caught most people out.

The last regular set of 10 for 2022-23 will be up at the top of the thread shortly.

Week 43 fixtures 

Premier League (Sunday 16:30)

Aston Villa 1-1 Brighton & Hove Albion 
Everton 1-0 Bournemouth
Leeds United 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur
Leicester City 1-1 West Ham United

Championship Play-off final
Coventry City 1-2 Luton Town (16:45, at Wembley Stadium)

Scottish Premiership
Motherwell 2-1 Dundee United (Sunday)

Women's Super League (14:30)
Liverpool 1-3 Manchester United 
Reading 0-4 Chelsea 

Scottish Women's Cup Final
Celtic 2-1 Rangers (Sunday 13:30, at Hampden Park)

German Bundesliga
Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Mainz (14:30)

Aston Villa 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion 
Everton 2-1 Bournemouth
Leeds United 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur
Leicester City 2-1 West Ham United

Coventry City 3-2 Luton Town (16:45, at Wembley Stadium)

Scottish Premiership
Motherwell 2-2 Dundee United (Sunday)

Liverpool 0-1 Manchester United 
Reading 0-2 Chelsea 

German Bundesliga
Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Mainz (14:30)

Premier League (Sunday 16:30)

Aston Villa 1 v 1 Brighton & Hove Albion 
Everton 1 v 2 Bournemouth
Leeds United 2 v 1 Tottenham Hotspur
Leicester City 1 v 1 West Ham United

Coventry City 2 v 1 Luton Town (16:45, at Wembley Stadium)

Scottish Premiership
Motherwell 1 v 1 Dundee United (Sunday)

Liverpool 0 v 2 Manchester United 
Reading 1 v 2 Chelsea 

Celtic 2 v 1 Rangers (Sunday 13:30, at Hampden Park)

German Bundesliga
Borussia Dortmund 2 v 0 Mainz (14:30)

• Paid Members

Aston Villa 1-3 Brighton & Hove Albion 
Everton 0-1 Bournemouth
Leeds United 0-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Coventry City 2-1 Luton Town (16:45, at Wembley Stadium)

Scottish Premiership
Motherwell 3-1 Dundee United (Sunday)

Liverpool 1-3 Manchester United 
Reading 0-4 Chelsea 

Celtic 2-0 Rangers (Sunday 13:30, at Hampden Park)

German Bundesliga
Borussia Dortmund 4-1 Mainz (14:30)

So, triple-captaining Haaland worked out a bit better after Wednesday night's game, but would've seemed wiser still if that late goal had stood. It's moved me up a bit in a couple of leagues, but I was still narrowly knocked out of my family league Cup and absolutely thrashed in another semi.

Not decided whether to use my spare free transfer yet, since we've also got all of tomorrow to make a choice either way. I've got a spare £2m in the bank but am resigned to having a squad worth well under the maximum budget come the end of the season. Could pick somebody who's at home in a meaningless easy-looking fixture, or a player likely to start for a team that needs to win to get into Europe or stay up. One of my two Fulham outfielders would be prime candidates for the chop.

===

Premier League 

Aston Villa 3-1 Brighton & Hove Albion 
Everton 2-0 Bournemouth
Leeds United 3-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Championship Play-off Final
Coventry City 1-2 Luton Town (@ Wembley)

Scottish Premiership
Motherwell 3-3 Dundee United 

WSL 
Liverpool 1-0 Manchester United 
Reading 0-3 Chelsea 

Women's Scottish Cup Final
Celtic 0-1 Rangers (@ Hampden)

Imitation Bundesliga
Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Mainz

Aston Villa 3-2 Brighton & Hove Albion 
Everton 3-1 Bournemouth
Leicester City 2-0 West Ham United

Coventry City 1-3 Luton Town (16:45, at Wembley Stadium)

Scottish Premiership

Liverpool 0-2 Manchester United 
Reading 1-5 Chelsea 

Celtic 2-0 Rangers (Sunday 13:30, at Hampden Park)

German Bundesliga

Week 43 fixtures 

Aston Villa 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion 
Everton 2-1 Bournemouth
Leeds United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Coventry City 2-0 Luton Town (16:45, at Wembley Stadium)

Scottish Premiership

Liverpool 0-2 Manchester United 
Reading 0-2 Chelsea 

Celtic 1-2 Rangers (Sunday 13:30, at Hampden Park)

German Bundesliga
Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Mainz (14:30)

All games take place on Saturday and kick off at 15:00 unless stated. Start times are listed in BST. 

===

FPL Cup winner: Vegeta. Congrats!!

Week 43 fixtures 

Premier League (Sunday 16:30)

Aston Villa 2-3 Brighton & Hove Albion 
Everton 2-0 Bournemouth
Leicester City 0-0 West Ham United

Coventry City 1-0 Luton Town (16:45, at Wembley Stadium)

Scottish Premiership
Motherwell 2-0 Dundee United (Sunday)

Women's Super League (14:30)
Liverpool 1-2 Manchester United 
Reading 0-1 Chelsea 

German Bundesliga

Right, let's round up the Fantasy League for the last time, then we can focus solely on the Predictions next week. And indeed, next season as we can hopefully agree never to speak of this sordid tryst between the two FPL threads ever again. 

I did use my last free transfer in the end, bringing in Eze of Palace and captaining him while shipping out Fulham's Reed. The former had a half-chance late on against Forest but ultimately just got the bog-standard 2 points doubled up. 

Scored were down across the board as a lot of players were rested in what was a low-key final day for over half the teams in the league. Of my other 14 players, 8 didn't play, including both keepers. Curse you, Klopp, for resting Alisson just for the fixture list's death throes! And damn Lopetegui too for suddenly giving Kilman a breather. At least my vice-captain Thiago Silva was lucky enough to actually get a full 90 minutes under his belt too.

All that meant I suffered more than most from the changed line-ups and got only 20 points for the round, so I lost the election nerds' Cup final as well as the coveted Chippy Tea one. I made it to my bare minimum target of 2k points with room to spare by finishing on 2,146 points but not winning any cups at all is definitely a step backwards. I was in the top 4m players out of nearly 11.5m globally, and almost in the top 40,000 for Welsh residents.

My squad was worth just £98.3m at the finish line, with £600k in the bank, so I wasn't great at spotting which players were about to increase in value. Used to pride myself on that. Drat.

Selling Kane with a month to go felt like a good bet because Spurs had no double rounds and were out of form. While both those things stayed true, ol' Harry the Tory simply carried on scoring regardless so letting him go was possibly the last big mistake in a season full of lots of little one that all built up as the campaign went on.

My best finish was 4th in the league for neurodiverse people from the Westcountry – even though I no longer live there – and my lowest (not counting huge semi-official leagues of Fantasy Football podcasts), 19th in the league simply entitled 'UKFF'. Not even a bronze medal anywhere in sight. Gah!

Whilst this remains a joint topic, feel free to post your squads or mention how you did in the replies. Make the most of it, because it's not an offer I'm going to be extending to next term's thread.

===

Whew, that ^ took forever. But it's over now. And as a fan of a Championship club who attended only matches in the Welsh pyramid this year, I was so over this neverending season weeks ago already. But I decided that it'd be improper to end it before the last set of EPL games. And as a fusspot, I don't want to end on an even number of rounds. 

So we've still got one week left to go. The only gimmick is that it's a 'bumper' week. No wildcard fixture, no D2D, no FPL Cup, just 18 matches worth 3 points each. So, all to play for still. MVP RULZ leads the table by half a dozen heading into that final day, and can perhaps count himself unlucky that the League One play-off final wasn't featured because he'd probably have picked up at least one more point for that. 

Instead, the clash we did include at Wembley went to penalties so that yielded no points whatsoever. All season long there was space earmarked for two German fixtures, but at the last minute I could only find room for one. And Dortmund blew it, so that was another dud. If I'd have known they'd choke I might've made more effort to keep Cologne-Bayern in after all.

The last 'wildcard' encounter of the season fell at Fir Park, where Dundee Utd's relegation was confirmed as their cross-town (cross-road?) rivals pass them on the way up. There was a point earlier this season when both of those outcomes looked highly unlikely. Football, eh? Anyway, the hosts won by the odd goal in 5 and 5 was also the number of people who claimed a bonus point each.

Elsewhere, wins for Everton, Leicester and the Chelsea, Man Utd and Celtic women's teams all proved fruitful, but not everybody foresaw Villa getting the three points they needed to get an Unai Emery side into Europe. As if that should ever have been in doubt! Yet another cratering of the Leeds defence turned out surprisingly difficult to guess beforehand. Probably because their opponents were Tottenham, plus there are a lot of Big Sam admirers on here.

The conclusive card of 2022-23 will mercifully go live in the opening post sharpish.