UKFF FPLs 2022-23

Fog Dude

• Paid Members

Week 34 fixtures 
UEFA Euro 2024 qualification (various groups)

Scotland 2-1 Cyprus (14:00)
Armenia 0-3 Turkey (17:00)
Croatia 3-0 Wales (19:45)
England 3-1 Ukraine (Sunday 17:00)
Northern Ireland 2-0 Finland (Sunday 19:45)

International friendlies
Germany 2-0 Peru (19:45)
Morocco 1-4 Brazil (22:00)
New Zealand 2-2 China (Sunday 4:00)

Women's Super League
Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Arsenal (15:00)
Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea (Sunday 12:40)

Week 34 fixtures 
UEFA Euro 2024 qualification (various groups)

Scotland 2-0 Cyprus (14:00)
Armenia 1-3 Turkey (17:00)
Croatia 3-0 Wales (19:45)
England 2-0 Ukraine (Sunday 17:00)
Northern Ireland 1-2 Finland (Sunday 19:45)

International friendlies
Germany 4-1 Peru (19:45)
Morocco 1-3 Brazil (22:00)
New Zealand 2-0 China (Sunday 4:00)

Women's Super League
Tottenham Hotspur 2-4 Arsenal (15:00)
Manchester City 1-3 Chelsea (Sunday 12:40)

Week 34 fixtures 
UEFA Euro 2024 qualification (various groups)

Scotland 2-0 Cyprus (14:00)
Armenia 1-3 Turkey (17:00)
Croatia 2-0 Wales (19:45)
England 2-0 Ukraine (Sunday 17:00)
Northern Ireland 1-1 Finland (Sunday 19:45)

International friendlies
Germany 3-0 Peru (19:45)
Morocco 0-2 Brazil (22:00)
New Zealand 1-0 China (Sunday 4:00)

Women's Super League
Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Arsenal (15:00)
Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea (Sunday 12:40)

Managed to get the results of the actual football up on Sunday night, but it was Monday morning by the time I managed to figure out the FPL Cup scores on top of that. The table's since been updated as well (literally just now as I type, because I was concentrating so much on the Cup that I forgot to do various steps of a regular update). We have a new leader again in the form of this week's best performer TildeGuy. The randomly selected 'wildcard' fixture was match #4, from which Tilde plus two more of the chasing pack got the scoreline spot on to claim a pair of bonus points each.

A returning Vegeta also made it into double figures. Overworked stalwart @Shy Dad is on the verge of being removed, but at least he was out of the Cup anyway and both of his D2Ds are done. Even if he doesn't make it to the end of the campaign he'd of course be welcomed back with open arms next season. 

On the other hand, @Fatty Facesitter did simply surrender his place in the Cup, plus his second turn at D2D is imminent so with any luck he'll notice one of these pings. To be fair, ol' Nicko did seem to be quiet on the forum last week (or perhaps I'm just following the wrong threads) but appears to be back in business these past few days. 

International rounds tend to be fairly high-scoring, and so it proved. Wins for Scotland, Turkey, Germany and New Zealand all worked out pretty well for most, plus a lopsided away victory win the women's North London derby turned out to be good for one-pointers. A rare reverse for Chelsea Ladies, a late equaliser for Wales in Croatia, a loss for Brazil (albeit against a team that went further in Qatar in December) and a disappointing defeat for Norn Iron, in contrast, all ended up as a mixed bag of guesses at best.

The next set of matches has gone through various iterations over the past couple of months as things get chopped and changed, so I hope what we've been landed with is acceptable to everyone. That'll be popped in the opening post shortly.

===

I'll figure out what I'm doing with my Fantasy League team before Thursday evening... 

Week 35 fixtures

Premier League

Bournemouth 2-2 Fulham

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Brentford

Nottingham Forest 2-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

League One

Port Vale 2-0 Cambridge United w/Fatty Facesitter

Women's Championship

Sunderland 1-3 Crystal Palace (Sunday 12:00)

Bristol City 2-0 Sheffield United (Sunday

FA Trophy semi-finals

Altrincham 2-1 Halifax Town

Gateshead 1-3 Barnet

German Bundesliga

Schalke 1-1 Bayer Leverkusen (14:30)

Bayern Munich 2-1 Borussia Dortmund (17:30)

Week 35 fixtures 

Premier League

Bournemouth 1-1 Fulham
Brighton & Hove Albion 2-1 Brentford
Nottingham Forest 0-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

League One
Port Vale 2-1 Cambridge United w/Fatty Facesitter

Women's Championship
Sunderland 2-2 Crystal Palace (Sunday 12:00)
Bristol City 2-1 Sheffield United (Sunday)

FA Trophy semi-finals
Altrincham 1-2 Halifax Town
Gateshead 1-2 Barnet

German Bundesliga
Schalke 1-2 Bayer Leverkusen (14:30)
Bayern Munich 2-0 Borussia Dortmund (17:30)

Premier League

Bournemouth 2-1 Fulham
Nottingham Forest 1-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers

League One
Port Vale 2-0 Cambridge United w/Fatty Facesitter

Women's Championship
Sunderland 2-1 Crystal Palace (Sunday 12:00)

FA Trophy semi-finals
Altrincham 0-2 Halifax Town
Gateshead 0-2 Barnet

German Bundesliga
Schalke 2-1 Bayer Leverkusen (14:30)

All games take place on Saturday unless stated. Start times are listed in BST. 

I noticed that four players in my squad were listed as either injured or doubtful, while most of the rest only have one fixture coming up this week so I bit the bullet and used my Free Hit. Still saving my second Wildcard for Gameweek 34 and Triple Captain for a probable partial midweek round in one of the following three matchdays. I've temporarily brought in *deep breath* Van Dijk, Salah, Solanke (I know, I know, but he's cheap and likely to play at least 2x60 minutes), Jensen and Watkins plus March as captain and Ings as vice-captain.

Both the keepers I already had have got a double week but they're also two beastly away fixtures. I've gone for Raya over Alisson in goal anyway, perhaps unwisely. Gündoğan is my only player now left with just a single fixture, so he stays on the bench.

===

The semi-final draw for the FPL Cup will go into the initial post in due course. In the meantime, here are my latest picks: 

Premier League

Bournemouth 2-1 Fulham
Brighton & Hove Albion 2-2 Brentford
Nottingham Forest 1-1 Wolves

League One
Port Vale 1-0 Cambridge United w/O Nicko Louco

Women's Championship
Sunderland 0-0 Crystal Palace 
Bristol City 3-0 Sheffield United 

FA Trophy semi-finals
Altrincham 2-0 Halifax Town
Gateshead 3-1 Barnet

Imitation Bundesliga
Schalke 0-1 Bayer Leverkusen 
Bayern Munich 1-2 Borussia Dortmund 

Week 35 fixtures 

Premier League

Bournemouth 1 v 1 Fulham
Brighton & Hove Albion 2 v 1 Brentford
Nottingham Forest 0  v 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

League One
Port Vale 1 v 1 Cambridge United w/Fatty Facesitter

Women's Championship
Sunderland 2 v 1 Crystal Palace (Sunday 12:00)
Bristol City 0 v 1 Sheffield United (Sunday)

FA Trophy semi-finals
Altrincham 1 v 2 Halifax Town
Gateshead 0 v 1 Barnet

German Bundesliga
Schalke 1 v 1 Bayer Leverkusen (14:30)
Bayern Munich 1  v 1 Borussia Dortmund (17:30)

Premier League

Bournemouth 0-2 Fulham
Nottingham Forest 2-3 Wolverhampton Wanderers

League One
Port Vale 1-1 Cambridge United w/Fatty Facesitter

Women's Championship
Sunderland 2-1 Crystal Palace (Sunday 12:00)

FA Trophy semi-finals
Altrincham 2-1 Halifax Town
Gateshead 2-1 Barnet

German Bundesliga
Schalke 1-1 Bayer Leverkusen (14:30)

• Paid Members

@Fog Dude in all honesty this is probably my bow out for this year at least. It really is a combination of working every weekend since the New Year and pulling some weeks close to 50 hours on top of my PhD application that means I'm lucky if I get to sit down and watch TV let alone 90 minutes of football. 

Hopefully once we have the staff and I don't have as much training and admin for two different things on the go I might make an appearance next year. At least FPL wise potentially, I can just about keep tabs on one league and then Hereford/Celtic.

But as always thank you for running this for everyone and I can only apologise for how tardy I've been this year. I wanted to make sure my D2Ds were complete to not mess anything up, but without just predicting 10 1-1 draws for the rest of the season each week I honestly don't have a clue about sport right now.

Week 35 fixtures 

Premier League

Bournemouth 0-1 Fulham
Nottingham Forest 2-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers

League One
Port Vale 1-0 Cambridge United w/Fatty Facesitter

Women's Championship
Sunderland 1-1 Crystal Palace (Sunday 12:00)
Bristol City 3-0 Sheffield United (Sunday)

FA Trophy semi-finals
Altrincham 1-0 Halifax Town
Gateshead 1-2 Barnet

German Bundesliga
Schalke 0-2 Bayer Leverkusen (14:30)
Bayern Munich 1-1 Borussia Dortmund (17:30)

• Paid Members

Women's Championship
Sunderland 1-2 Crystal Palace (Sunday 12:00)
Bristol City 3-0 Sheffield United (Sunday)

Edited by seph
uugh, getting over COVID, head in clouds

On 4/1/2023 at 12:08 PM, Shy Dad said:

@Fog Dude in all honesty this is probably my bow out for this year at least. It really is a combination of working every weekend since the New Year and pulling some weeks close to 50 hours on top of my PhD application that means I'm lucky if I get to sit down and watch TV let alone 90 minutes of football. 

Hopefully once we have the staff and I don't have as much training and admin for two different things on the go I might make an appearance next year. At least FPL wise potentially, I can just about keep tabs on one league and then Hereford/Celtic.

But as always thank you for running this for everyone and I can only apologise for how tardy I've been this year. I wanted to make sure my D2Ds were complete to not mess anything up, but without just predicting 10 1-1 draws for the rest of the season each week I honestly don't have a clue about sport right now.

First of all, thanks for taking the time to post this instead of just running down the clock. I appreciate that you're being honest with yourself about the situation and then in turn with us. Secondly, that sounds like an utterly inhumane schedule and I'm pleasantly surprised you're even managing to browse the forum at all. A lot of places seem to be short-staffed at the moment and it feels like a lot of things are broken in general. It appears you're bearing the brunt of that and deserve to catch a break sooner rather than later.

I wouldn't go so far as to say you 'fulfilled your obligations' because nobody really has any towards our silly little competition, but actually making sure your participation in the D2Ds and FPL Cup was over first at least shows respect to the remaining participants, and really given how hectic things are for you at the moment if anything, you were doing us a favour. 

Lastly, all the best with your PhD application. I attended one meeting about a possible thesis proposal during my first attempt (i.e. the unsuccessful one) at a Master's and decided doctoral study would be far too daunting for me and probably go over my head. As I've mentioned, you'll be welcome again next season if you're in position to have enough spare time and head space to actually follow football again.

I realise @Fatty Facesitter is also a busy man and that On Topic has been the focus this week for self-evident reasons, but sadly his enthusiasm from last summer has turned into a cheque he couldn't cash. Surrendering his place in the Cup and then not even turning up for the second D2D bet really is poor etiquette, especially as I pinged him twice and we can all see he's been very active elsewhere on the boards.

And the sad thing is, he would've done very well with a punt on the boys from the university city as the U's pulled off a much-needed rare away win at Vale Park. Instead he leaves with a points deduction since there are no second chances at D2Ds. One word of praise as he departs: he spent the first half of the season almost comically unable to get exact scorelines right. Since the turn of the year though, despite the fact he often didn't play, his record of getting three-pointers when he did make picks has been worthy of top-half form.

Speaking of no second chances, @seph is only through to the FPL Cup semis by default and needs to be careful not to forfeit his place in that tie by posting late or failing to participate at all. He did salvage avoiding the wooden spoon this week from just 2 matches compared to Rory's 10, so kudos for that. I hope he isn't suffering from being under the weather yet again when said semi-final rolls around the weekend after next. While we're on that subject, here's the draw: 

seph vs. Vegeta

TildeGuy~!  vs. @ultimo the great

And yes, I'm pinging ultimo there to complete the naughty step this time because he's been on decent form lately and I wouldn't want him to ruin that by once again forgetting that it's Easter and we always include Good Friday games as part of the Paschal double round, and will continue to do so until somebody prises a chocolate egg from my cold, dead hands. 

Anyway, sorry this hasn't been a regular write-up in the slightest. The last round was low-scoring, there was no movement in the table and Tilde still leads by the same 5-point margin. The 'wildcard' fixture was the very last one, Der Klassiker, from which 4 people got the right result to claim a bonus point each, but nobody thought there'd be 6 goals at the Allianz Arena. 
The Trophy produced two duds as both meetings went to penalties. Really think the FA needs to look at retuning to two-legged semis there, or at least consider reintroducing extra time before the final. Meanwhile, a majority of players correctly foresaw a Leverkusen victory in Gelsenkirchen. The rest was a mixed bag of guesses to be honest. 

A new set of 20 will be up in the opening post shortly.

===

I'm doing okay in the Fantasy League double matchday, but have made a few poor selection decisions so far. Obviously the round is ongoing so a more detailed update will have to wait until later in the week.

Week 36A fixtures – Good Friday and Holy Saturday

Premier League (Saturday)

Brentford 1-2 Newcastle United 
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-1 Chelsea 
Southampton 0-4 Manchester City (17:30)

Championship
Blackburn Rovers 1-1 Norwich City

League One
Forest Green Rovers 0-2 Derby County
Oxford United 1-2 Sheffield Wednesday

League Two
Crawley Town 1-1 Bradford City