UKFF FPLs 2022-23

Fog Dude

The results for the Predictions League matches went into the opening post last night. Full table update to come tomorrow night.

Now that we've had all 10 Fantasy League games done, I can round up how I fared in that. And waiting for the Monday fixture to finish was especially easy this time, because tonight's action was significant to my score. But let's go chronologically first. A solid 4 points from a Villa duo on Saturday lunchtime, then a total of 13 points later in the afternoon from Cancelo and Ward-Prowse, followed by 6 points from a clean sheet for Pontus Jansson in the evening game. 

On Sunday lunchtime, more good news as Jesse Lingard and Michail Antonio net me 8 further points between them. Declan Rice missed a penalty, but I left him on the bench to escape any minus points (or so I thought, until tonight). The second Sunday clash then gets me another 10 thanks to Kane and Son. All of my first XI play and the other subs only score 5 between them, so no harm done there. 

Tonight I was banking on a clean sheet and another goal for Núñez. Instead the former only managed the standard 2 points for 90 minutes, and the latter got himself sent off... and as mentioned on Thursday, he was my captain this time. So that -2 doubles up to -4 and presumably he'll be facing a suspension now, so expect him to be top of the 'most transferred out' player stats come the end of the week.

Overall that leaves me with another dismal total of 39 points, well below average and in the bottom third of performances for the week and the lowest 2 million players after 2 matchdays. That leaves me in the relegation zone in both the UKFF leagues and another forum's league, only avoiding last place in my family league because one of my cousin's mates joined a week late, and already being stone bottom by a wide margin in a league with old school friends. 

Still, there are 36 rounds remaining, so it could all change yet. On we go... 

• Paid Members

FPL GW2
1522850631_Screenshot2022-08-16at08_54_27.thumb.png.1e4bf38aae9a740635e960f38c8ad8e1.png

Ramsdale
Should have stuck with David Raya instead! Arsenal still have some favourable fixtures coming up so won't be switching goalkeepers again for a good while. 

Trent AA
Did at least pick up a bonus point last night against Palace. Got several crosses in and long balls into the box but somehow no points returns. Frustrating night for the Liverpool double-up at the back. 

Robertson
Looks like he's battling a hand issue. Should have scored last night and had other assist chances. Have binned him off for Reece James in GW3. 

Trippier
Somehow kept his second clean sheet in a row despite Brighton coming close to scoring several times! Benching for GW3 when the Toon entertain City. 

Cancelo
Another clean sheet and another assist for his collection. Excellent as usual. 

Martinelli
Another goal and he also bagged an assist to boot. Still a steal. 

Salah
Never has a good GW2, does he? 

Andreas
Bonus point for the clean sheet but didn't offer Fulham much from set pieces in the end. Looks to have picked up a knock so it's the bench for him next week. 

Mount
Played well against Spurs and kept linking up the play nicely - missed a great chance in the second half. Worth persevering with. 

Jesus
Sublime. Two goals, two assists. Becoming a potential captaincy option. 

Haaland
Blew the triple captain chip. Only had eight touches in the entire match - though at least one of them was an assist. Foden also avoided passing to him in front of an open goal early on. I have a feeling there will be more frustrating afternoons like this where City run riot and dominate opponents but he doesn't wind up on the scoresheet. 

Bench
Williams had a blinding game for Forest so I'm considering bringing him in against Everton. Almiron also continues to feature heavily for Newcastle and is involved in a lot of their attacking threats, so worth sticking with. Ward looks pants. Archer didn't get any minutes. 

Overall
Much better week even with the triple captaincy blown and steadily climbing the leagues. Up into the 3.5million mark so hopefully we can improve on that. Next week's fixtures are quite staggered for my players - I won't pick up many points on Saturday at all, so there will be some nervous waits on Sunday and Monday while those fixtures conclude! 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Is it not a given to save that for the inevitable double game weeks?

Never. I'll die for this FPL club. Go to hell [/Tony Khan]

Everyone under the sun suggested saving the chip for this, but a few people were also stung by it last season. Haaland and City are quite unpredictable with the Pep Roulette, Salah's playing in a slightly different style this season, Kane blows hot and cold (don't you look at me with those judgemental eyes!) and sod's law says that you get similar situation to last year where lots of people captained Dennis, only for him to get sent off against fucking Norwich and ruin a double gameweek. Double gameweeks are the devil's work and trying to plan them successfully is impossible. 

Everything was set up for Haaland to have a legendary home debut. Playing in a thriving City side, against crap opposition and following up from his two goals against West Ham.

For City to score four, for him to come into the fixture having scored a brace previously and to somehow not score here is nothing short of theft. Theft of my rightfully deserved - and accounted for - huge haul of FPL points. I won't have anyone convince me otherwise. 

Might sell him and put a 4.5 million striker in his place out of pure spite. 

When it comes to triple captain and bench boost, I do tend to save them for possible double/treble rounds later in the season, but as Nicko said, sometimes that doesn't work out too well either.

Anyway, this is the post that's meant to be mainly about the Predictions side of things. And on that front, we finally have a table update! Unfortunately our newcomer is indeed in last place, but level on points with Rory. Defending champion MVP RULZ was top scorer on a dozen points, and is already leading by only a single point over ultimo, who got his D2D bet emphatically wrong but it still in a pretty healthy position compared to his usual standards. 

Six pickers rightly bet on either a home win or a draw at the Brentford Community Stadium, while the three who agreed with ultimo now look a tad foolish. Three people also nabbed bonus points from the 'wildcard' fixture, randomly selected on Sunday night as match #3, which was also a 4-0 home victory involving a Manchester club.

It's great to have more eyes on this thread and more discussion thanks to the Fantasy League merger, but it looks like only 10 people are joining in with the Predictions League competition. At least they're all signed up properly with D2D teams allocated now, and it's an easy number to work with when figuring out this year's FPL Cup format too. We've lost one player from last season, regained a former showrunner and added one new participant (albeit someone who's been a familiar name on the forum for yonks). 

Elsewhere, a triumph for Arsenal and draws at the Amex, St Mary's and Stamford Bridge were generally good for one-pointers, but two further score draws in France plus a surprise reverse for West Ham and a stalemate setback for Wolves at Molineux caught a majority of guessers out. 

A new set of 10 will go live in the opening post in a mo. 

Week 3 fixtures

Premier League

Crystal Palace 1-1 Aston Villa
Everton 2-1 Nottingham Forest
Fulham 1-2 Brentford
Leicester City 2-1 Southampton
Leeds United 0-2 Chelsea (Sunday 14:00) 
Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester City (Sunday 16:30)

La Liga
Celta Vigo w/Fog Dude 1-2 Real Madrid (21:00) 
Athletic Bilbao 1-1 Valencia (Sunday 16:30)
Real Sociedad 1-2 Barcelona (Sunday 21:00)

A Primeira Liga
Porto 2-1 Sporting Lisbon (20:30)

• Paid Members

Week 3 fixtures

Premier League
Crystal Palace 2-1 Aston Villa
Everton 0-1 Nottingham Forest
Fulham 1-1 Brentford
Leicester City 3-3 Southampton
Leeds United 0-1 Chelsea (Sunday 14:00) 
Newcastle United 1-3 Manchester City (Sunday 16:30)

La Liga
Celta Vigo w/Fog Dude 0-4 Real Madrid (21:00) 
Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Valencia (Sunday 16:30)
Real Sociedad 0-2 Barcelona (Sunday 21:00)

A Primeira Liga
Porto 0-2 Sporting Lisbon (20:30)

Time to get some correct scores this week. More tough calls this week in most cases have gone for tighter scorelines. My other half is Portuguese and half of the family support Benfica, and the other side support Sporting, so I had to go with them for a big away win against Porto. 

6 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

My other half is Portuguese and half of the family support Benfica, and the other side support Sporting, so I had to go with them for a big away win against Porto. 

Yeah, that's what I was hinting at that in the pre-fixtures blurb at the top of the thread although I didn't know those details. Must make for an interesting gathering at Christmas!

I enjoyed my time in Lisbon, but my aunt looked into the family tree and found an ancestor from Porto, while my all-too-brief dalliance with a Portuguese lady involved one from Braga, so I guess I prefer the north to the capital region. I even went to the Dragão once for a last 16 Taça tie. FCP won, natch. 

Anyhow, I'm in the habit of making my picks sometime on a Thursday, but since this is my D2D turn, I'm going in a smidgen earlier this week: 

Premier League

Crystal Palace 1-1 Aston Villa
Everton 0-3 Nottingham Forest
Fulham 2-1 Brentford
Leicester City 2-2 Southampton
Leeds United 1-2 Chelsea 
Newcastle United 1-3 Manchester City 

La Liga
Celta Vigo w/me 3-1 Real Madrid 
Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Valencia 
Real Sociedad 0-0 Barcelona

A Primeira Liga
Porto 2-0 Sporting 

• Paid Members

Premier League

Crystal Palace 2-0 Aston Villa
Everton 2-2 Nottingham Forest
Fulham 1-2 Brentford
Leicester City 1-2 Southampton
Leeds United 0-3 Chelsea (Sunday 14:00) 
Newcastle United 0-4 Manchester City (Sunday 16:30)

La Liga
Celta Vigo w/Fog Dude 0-3 Real Madrid (21:00) 
Athletic Bilbao 1-2 Valencia (Sunday 16:30)
Real Sociedad 0-1 Barcelona (Sunday 21:00)

A Primeira Liga
Porto 1-2 Sporting Lisbon (20:30)

• Paid Members

46545201_Screenshot2022-08-19at08_26_41.thumb.png.0a70e71f0543d79b50d40211cfa81b87.png

Have taken out Robertson for Reece James as my only transfer this week. Have benched Trippier in case Man City run riot. At the moment I'm undecided about Almiron and Pereira due to the latter's knock - we should get more confirmation in the press conferences today hopefully. Almiron is a differential who had a superb pre-season and has looked threatening in the first two gameweeks despite not yielding many points. 

Going with Jesus as captain in case any shenanigans force the Man United vs Liverpool clash to be called off. 

Premier League

Crystal Palace 2-1 Aston Villa
Everton 1-1 Nottingham Forest
Fulham 1-2 Brentford
Leeds United 0-2 Chelsea (Sunday 14:00) 
Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester City (Sunday 16:30)

La Liga
Celta Vigo w/Fog Dude 0-2 Real Madrid (21:00) 
Athletic Bilbao 1-3 Valencia (Sunday 16:30)
Real Sociedad 1-1 Barcelona (Sunday 21:00)

A Primeira Liga
Porto 2-1 Sporting Lisbon (20:30)

I've swapped out Núñez for Jesus in the hope that he'll be my team's new saviour. I've also left Alisson on the bench so I've got nobody involved in the Monday fixture (though if it is called off, I can't see when else they can play it apart from 2 days later or right before the World Cup). Jansson and two Villa players are also among the subs. I've captained Son and made Cancelo his back-up. Bang tidy? Well, after the last couple of weeks, I might be due a turnaround in fortunes, but who knows at this point. 

Premier League

Crystal Palace 1-0 Aston Villa
Everton 2-0 Nottingham Forest
Fulham 1-1 Brentford
Leeds United 1-1 Chelsea (Sunday 14:00) 
Newcastle United 1-3 Manchester City (Sunday 16:30)

La Liga
Celta Vigo w/Fog Dude 0-2 Real Madrid (21:00) 
Athletic Bilbao 0-0 Valencia (Sunday 16:30)
Real Sociedad 0-2 Barcelona (Sunday 21:00)

A Primeira Liga
Porto 1-1 Sporting Lisbon (20:30)

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Fog Dude said:

I've swapped out Núñez for Jesus in the hope that he'll be my team's new saviour. I've also left Alisson on the bench so I've got nobody involved in the Monday fixture (though if it is called off, I can't see when else they can play it apart from 2 days later or right before the World Cup). Jansson and two Villa players are also among the subs. I've captained Son and made Cancelo his back-up. Bang tidy? Well, after the last couple of weeks, I might be due a turnaround in fortunes, but who knows at this point. 

Some good shouts there. I think at this point with Jesus officially becoming the most owned-FPL player ever (80% ownership!) then he's a must for any team so you can piggy back off the points hauls. 

I've captained Salah in case the game goes ahead but with Jesus as my vice - this way if the game does get called off then I should still be in for a good haul. 

Fingers crossed for more green arrows this weekend!