Headphones - What You Got? Any Recommendations?

David

There were a few old headphones threads on here but they seem to have been archived, so I thought i'd start a fresh one.

So, I'm looking at picking up these Sony offerings. Anyone got any experience with them? Or would you recommend something else?

Also, feel free to post whatever you're using at the moment and why. Both in-ear or cans, it doesn't matter.

Edited by David

I paid £50 on Amazon for some Sony WF-XB700 Bluetooth earbuds for the gym. Had them for months and they still haven’t shown any sweat damage. They’ve been superb.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Anker's stuff is value for money

Going by a Bluetooth speaker of theirs I bought, I definitely agree with this and reviews concur. Very good quality for pretty low price. 

I have a paid of Samsung Live buds. They're a fucking pain in the arse. If I'm walking or doing ANY KIND OF MOVING,  the left ear keeps turning on and off until it finally settles after about 15 mins.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, David said:

There were a few old headphones threads on here but they seem to have been archived, so I thought i'd start a fresh one.

So, I'm looking at picking up these Sony offerings. Anyone got any experience with them? Or would you recommend something else?

Also, feel free to post whatever you're using at the moment and why. Both in-ear or cans, it doesn't matter.

I've had the XM4s since December. Brilliant earbuds with the best noise cancelling I've experienced. Bit fiddly to get into the ear at first but you get used to it. Sound quality is great too.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Murtz said:

I've had the XM4s since December. Brilliant earbuds with the best noise cancelling I've experienced. Bit fiddly to get into the ear at first but you get used to it. Sound quality is great too.

I have the over ear equivalent for Sony and the noise cancellation is really excellent. Really good headphones for the most part but I find the gesture controls (where you have to make motions on the headphone cup) are a bit awkward, and I particularly miss having buttons for volume up and down. The cupping to temporarily mute is helpful though!

• Paid Members

I got some Skullkandy Hesh 2s about 4 years ago, which were great but the Bluetooth started messing up on them, and they'd randomly disconnect themselves. 

My mum got me some Sony Wh-Ch510s for Christmas, and they're great. Smaller than the Skullkandy, but they still cover my ears and shut the world out. 

I don't like earbuds, and always worry that I'd end up losing one.

If noise cancelling is a key feature youre after, the over ear ones are way better. I have the XM3's, and despite costing probably three times my Anker ones, they arent really that much better. I have the Bose 700 over ear ones, which are way, way better than the XM3's. Super comfortable, even for a glasses wearer such as myself.

• Paid Members

I got these recently from Ebay. Around £10 delivered. Battery life is good. Work fine for walking and cycling. Very impressed. No more dangling wires catching on everything. 

They sit quite nicely under shirt collars. Plus have a handy little digital battery capacity meter. The verbal announcements for connection/dis connection are in Mandarin. You figure out what they mean quite quickly. 

They don't look as funky as they do in the picture.  Photo shop has been liberally applied for that look.

Screenshot_20220624-123713_eBay.thumb.jpg.4b995a89deddb457d9763d9d906df516.jpg

On 7/13/2022 at 1:48 AM, wordsfromlee said:

Anker's stuff is value for money.

I got given a pair of Anker Spirit Dot 2 in-ears which I use all day, every day at work. I also have a pair of Anker Life Q20 headphones for when I want over ears and noise cancelling. They're both great and both quite cheap too.

Going to echo this Ankers stuff is ace. Had a pair of Soundbuds Curve for 2.5 years until the joining wire started to break but that's perfect lifespan for a pair under 20 quid. I've now got a soundcore pair as they don't make the Soundbuds anymore. Basically the same but the controls are on the right bud itself rather than in the middle of the joining back wire. 

They do pairs with no wire too for a little more.

What I liked was the water/sweatproof for the gym as others I'd bought for the same died after a couple of sessions.