Headphones - What You Got? Any Recommendations?

David

1 minute ago, RalphyV2 said:

it sometimes makes me wonder if some of the cheaper, lesser known branded phones and headphones are just the same things as the bigger brands just dressed up differently and sold for cheaper due to the lesser known brand name, such is maybe the case for Anker and my Xiaomi phone  

Xiaomi charges pretty close to the manufacturing costs, I don't think they make much profit per phone but they've made up for that by getting such a huge share worldwide. I think they're the number one seller in both China and India so that's a lot of phones being sold.

On 7/12/2022 at 10:36 PM, Murtz said:

I've had the XM4s since December. Brilliant earbuds with the best noise cancelling I've experienced. Bit fiddly to get into the ear at first but you get used to it. Sound quality is great too.

Ordered a pair of those, and they should arrive today. 

• 4 weeks later...

I got a pair of Jlab earbuds from argos yesterday for £20 and I was amazed by the sound quality and they are very comfortable.

Prior to that I had jvc sports earphones that cost £10,they lasted about 18 months until i dropped them outside and it pissed down overnight. Lasted long but they weren't very comfortable and sound was okay.

I got the Samsung Galaxy Buds 2, think they're around 80 odd quid labelled as French version off Amazon. I don't know if that means they are supposed to be charged in cheese or wine or something! Find them grand, and sound quality is very good. But Bluetooth signal can be a bit poor when I'm walking around with phone in my trouser pockets. Noise cancellation is good too. I sometimes just stick them on with no music playing, so I can read in peace on the bus to/from work!

3 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

I got a pair of Jlab earbuds from argos yesterday for £20 and I was amazed by the sound quality and they are very comfortable.

Prior to that I had jvc sports earphones that cost £10,they lasted about 18 months until i dropped them outside and it pissed down overnight. Lasted long but they weren't very comfortable and sound was okay.

The goairs? Picked up a pair for 25 euro as a backup pair, and they are pretty much my go tos now, scary good battery life as well for the price.

2 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

The goairs? Picked up a pair for 25 euro as a backup pair, and they are pretty much my go tos now, scary good battery life as well for the price.

Yeah, I basically got them because they were cheap. But I would definitely recommend them to anybody. 

Edit : they are actually go air pop

Edited by westlondonmist

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody got any experience with bone conducting headphones? I need some new headphones as mine have died on one side. I struggle with a lot of in-ear types as I've got my traguses pierced which means most buds aren't comfortable and are too big for my earholes. I'm also not keen on the over the head Craig David ones so when I clocked that Orange amplifiers do these for around 80 quid I was interested.
I can't find anyone with any to test out so any advice would be appreciated.

Bone-Conduction-O-Mock-up-B2-light.png

O Bones – Orange Amps

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Has anybody got any experience with bone conducting headphones? I need some new headphones as mine have died on one side. I struggle with a lot of in-ear types as I've got my traguses pierced which means most buds aren't comfortable and are too big for my earholes. I'm also not keen on the over the head Craig David ones so when I clocked that Orange amplifiers do these for around 80 quid I was interested.
I can't find anyone with any to test out so any advice would be appreciated.

I'm also interested in any reviews of these. I need some earbuds for when I tackle the gym again, and the over-head earphones just bounce off my head, and the in-ear headphones seem to be bad for my inner-ear health (I've got slim ear canals that need an annual de-clogging and I find that in-ear headphones just exasperate the clogging up process).

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

I'm also interested in any reviews of these. I need some earbuds for when I tackle the gym again, and the over-head earphones just bounce off my head, and the in-ear headphones seem to be bad for my inner-ear health (I've got slim ear canals that need an annual de-clogging and I find that in-ear headphones just exasperate the clogging up process).

I had some early Aftershoxz (now https://uk.shokz.com/) and they were good, but almost useless for commuting on using on a plane. So I think for their intended purpose (Gym, running) they work well and sound quite good, but as they aren't loud and your ears are exposed, not all rounders.