Joey Ryan now works for Disney

Daddymagic

So, reading up on this a number of women made accusations against him of sexual assault.  So far none seem to have gone to the police and pressed charges, hence nothing showing up on Disney’s background checks.

I understand with instances of historic abuse it’s almost impossible to pursue a legal case, but in this instance some of these assaults must have been in recent years.

Now, if private companies like Impact Wrestling, or Disney  decline to employ someone accused of sexual assault, that’s their right.

But I’m not sure it’s entirely right for wrestling fans to “out” wrestlers trying to get on with their lives particularly if there’s been no legal ruling.

Joey Ryan is probably a piece of shit.  But he’s been denied due process.  Just as Velveteen Dream was - in fact in his case the WWE investigated and found no proof of wrongdoing and the police also declined to investigate.

I remain uncomfortable with trial by internet, but I honestly don’t see either the UK or US justice system coming up with improved ways of letting people pursue justice in these cases.

And I’m fairly sure that amongst the undoubted pervs in the business, some innocent people are having their wrestling careers and indeed ability to hold a job at all taken from them.

The young lad from NXT who posted a pic of himself with a Hitler tache - I’ve certainly done that  before when shaving as a joke, it’s something you find funny as a kid.  It seems to have cost him his career and dream, and that’s not fair.

1 minute ago, Infinity Land said:

I doubt he lied about anything.

The fault will lie with Disney's HR who didn't do much in the way of due diligence. It's LA there will be plenty of wannabe actors/entertainment industry types with spotty resumes and stage names.

If he’s put on his application that he was a wrestler named Joey Ryan then he’s a thick cunt as well.

Someone will have googled that and the first thing that would’ve come up (before today probably) will have been several thousand results of “Wrestler Joey Ryan accused of sexual misconduct”

7 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Why would he need to lie.

Joseph Meehan

He's had a work history outside of the wrestling industry.

Doesn't have any convictions.

There’s two ways this could’ve gone-

Either he’s only told them about his “work history outside of wrestling” (which I admittedly am not privy to), meaning that he’s lied about making an income from wrestling nearly 20 years

or

He’s told them about the wrestling, fully aware that these previous allegations will likely become known about at some point.

I am only speculating, but my money is on the former. He’s either a liar or he’s an arrogant cunt with no remorse

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Loki said:

The young lad from NXT who posted a pic of himself with a Hitler tache - I’ve certainly done that  before when shaving as a joke, it’s something you find funny as a kid.  It seems to have cost him his career and dream, and that’s not fair.

He's 28, so old enough to know better. He's also been on TV for a few years now for both NXT and TNA, so I'm not sure it can totally be blamed on youthful stupidity or naivety necessarily, stupid a decision as it may have been. The other allegations from his ex wife are also very troubling, so I don't know if it was just the Hitler moustache thing or a combination of both that led to him being let go.  

• Paid Members

It's worth remembering that Joey Ryan initially apologised, with a statement including this:

"I came into contact with a lot of people, including women. And, the truth is, I did not always treat people with respect. And I will acknowledge that it was possible that I pursued people that I thought were interested in me and invaded their personal space and made them feel uncomfortable in the process.

Nearly two years ago, my ex-wife and I were separated. The separation impacted me greatly and I began to reflect on the person I had been previous to it, and the person that I wanted to be. During that self-reflection, I was not proud of what I saw. As a result, I entered counseling in October 2018 and still attend every week to this very day. I have been on prescription medication. I have worked every day for nearly two years to be a person that respects not only people’s boundaries, but respects people. If you felt that you were a person that I did not treat with respect, I apologize. Aside from this post, I have been reaching out to some of the people involved and we have had positive interactions and started the healing process."

He then declared himself a born again Christian while trying to raise money.

He then started multi-million dollar lawsuits against those who accused him.

And then he tried to set up a fraudulent 'women's charity' wrestling event, keeping secret from the wrestlers being booked that it was him organising it until he was on the poster, and it was revealed it was his company organising it.

His attempts to lie, intimidate and mislead people has made some much more likely to perceive him as worth warning anyone who deals with him - and, indeed, that it's clear it would reflect badly on them (and the way it's been reported since it came out seems to reinforce that). And, again, by the time it came out, he'd already been let go.

• Paid Members

I thought he looked a bit like Steve Irwin in those pics which, if anything, should really be a plus for a job role-playing on jungle cruise. 

It's nothing to do with making people touch his willy or anything but still.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Ditto. Granted, I’m not intimately familiar with his particular scandal but something doesn’t feel good about this one.

You're always sticking your likes on posts from people questioning if a sex pest should be given a 'fairer' shout. Are you sure it's just "this one"?

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I thought he looked a bit like Steve Irwin in those pics which, if anything, should really be a plus for a job role-playing on jungle cruise. 

It's nothing to do with making people touch his willy or anything but still.

I believe its a wig, could be wrong though

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Now, if private companies like Impact Wrestling, or Disney  decline to employ someone accused of sexual assault, that’s their right.

It’s their right to get rid as well. Especially at the end of a probationary period, or if previously undisclosed info comes to light that puts their company in a bad light. Or, perhaps, he was shit at his job. 

Even Tony Sniff wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole and he signs all manner of rapists and abusers  

41 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You're always sticking your likes on posts from people questioning if a sex pest should be given a 'fairer' shout. Are you sure it's just "this one"?

When someone is accused with little to no supporting evidence and there are no criminal convictions, just how severely should the accused be punished for their alleged actions?

Regardless of your answer, shouldn’t we at least be able to ask the question itself?

• Paid Members

It was alleged by his wife that Nash Carter was battering her about. I imagine the Hilter thing was just WWEing over the bigger problem by using the nazi salute as the reason he was sacked.

As far as Joey Ryan goes, I'm not big on trail by internet either. But I'll make an exception in that cunts case.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

When someone is accused with little to no supporting evidence and there are no criminal convictions, just how severely should the accused be punished for their alleged actions?

Regardless of your answer, shouldn’t we at least be able to ask the question itself?

The issue is that this approach overwhelmingly favours rapists and abusers. The vast, vast majority of cases are 'he said, she said'. That's one of the reasons #MeToo had such an impact - when you have a number of women separately making similar allegations, even if none of them are able to be verified, it's far more convincing. 

2 minutes ago, Chris B said:

The issue is that this approach overwhelmingly favours rapists and abusers. The vast, vast majority of cases are 'he said, she said'. That's one of the reasons #MeToo had such an impact - when you have a number of women separately making similar allegations, even if none of them are able to be verified, it's far more convincing. 

I’m completely sure that the “Innocent Until Proven Guilty” brigade extend that courtesy to accusers and never go along with “They’re making it up” if they haven’t been convicted of making a false claim because that would be rampant hypocritical misogyny.