Joey Ryan now works for Disney

Daddymagic

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

I think he did the 'I'm now a good Christian boy' schtick already, right after SpeakingOut

That's the attempted joke with the double born, surely. 

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

while it would be very, very funny if he got fired because Disney found out who he was, it's equally funny to think that the more likely explanation is that he failed his three month probation because he was shit at his job. 

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I'm a bit lost, what did Joey Ryan do that means he shouldn't be allowed to have a job at Disney World?

Ditto. Granted, I’m not intimately familiar with his particular scandal but something doesn’t feel good about this one.

I’m glad he’s not wrestling anymore but I don’t think the mob should get to decide which day jobs he should and shouldn’t be allowed to work.

Again, If I’m missing something then please elucidate.

Edited by Love-Wilcox

12 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Ditto. Granted, I’m not intimately familiar with his particular scandal but something doesn’t feel good about this one.

I’m glad he’s not wrestling anymore but I don’t think the mob should get to decide which day jobs he should and shouldn’t be allowed to work.

Again, If I’m missing something then please elucidate.

I would imagine Sexual Assault allegations would blackball you from pretty any job run by anyone in anyway morally decent (of which Disneyland being one of those it’s a conversation in & off itself). If anything it shows that Disneyland’s background checks are a bit lax.

Of course he could’ve lied on his application to cover that he’s been a wrestler for close to 20 years, but surely he would’ve had to have provided sort of personal info for admin reason and all that stuff, which should’ve raised something but apparently didn’t 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I am guessing the allegations were made about Joey Ryan and not under his real name so unless any charges were pressed it could have flown under the radar. Simple thing here though is that someone who has been accused of sexual assault should not have a job interacting with members of the public which is why not only should he have not been hired for that role, but he also shouldn't have been hired for any role similar either. 

I don't think anyone thinks he shouldn't have the right to earn a living, but he also shouldn't be working in that type of position. 

7 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I would imagine Sexual Assault allegations would blackball you from pretty any job run by anyone in anyway morally decent (of which Disneyland being one of those it’s a conversation in & off itself). If anything it shows that Disneyland’s background checks are a bit lax.

Of course he could’ve lied on his application to cover that he’s been a wrestler for close to 20 years, but surely he would’ve had to have provided sort of personal info for admin reason and all that stuff, which should’ve raised something but apparently didn’t 

I doubt he lied about anything.

The fault will lie with Disney's HR who didn't do much in the way of due diligence. It's LA there will be plenty of wannabe actors/entertainment industry types with spotty resumes and stage names.