Joey Ryan now works for Disney

Daddymagic

When Walmart starts receiving complaints about him stacking shelves there, it'll be time to consider worrying about his right to earn a living. So far there's been no indication of anything like that happening, as far as I'm aware.

30 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

When Walmart starts receiving complaints about him stacking shelves there, it'll be time to consider worrying about his right to earn a living. So far there's been no indication of anything like that happening, as far as I'm aware.

He was working on a ride at Disney, and he lost that gig thanks to Twitter sleuths.  How low down the pay scale does he need to get before you feel he’s reached the appropriately punishing level?

I remain uncomfortable with rasslin fans standing in judgment on, well anything too be honest.

That show sounded like a really stupid, insensitive idea and if he’s planning on making money out of his alleged victims’ misery it’s completely understandable that people would want to stomp on that.  He is undoubtedly a massive twat.

But there’s surely a point at which, regardless of your personal feelings about the guy, he’s entitled to just get on with his life unmonitored by the IWC.

37 minutes ago, Loki said:

He was working on a ride at Disney, and he lost that gig thanks to Twitter sleuths.

Do we know that as fact? He was on probation and more than likely lied on his application which led to him failing his probation. 

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Do we know that as fact? He was on probation and more than likely lied on his application which led to him failing his probation. 

We don’t KNOW anything, and that’s the issue, right?

7 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

So why say he lost his job at Disney because of Twitter sleuths if you don’t know?

Why do you say he’s a wrong un if you don’t know?

Everyone in this is guessing, assuming, deducting, concluding and judging.  None of us know shit.  That’s my point.   I simply don’t share the moral certainty that gathering pitchforks on Twitter and marching in to people’s lives is the right way of dispensing justice.

The legal system is not perfect ( particularly in the US) but it exists for a reason, and everyone is entitled to its due process and its protection.  Even the wrong uns, in fact especially the wrong uns.

6 minutes ago, Loki said:

Why do you say he’s a wrong un

Because he admitted to being a wrong un, his apology for being a wrong un, his mates admitting he’s a wrong un, the multiple accusations from women of him being a wrong un, him trying to do a stand up show about him being a wrong un. 

You’ve mentioned Twitter again, why Twitter? It was a Reddit user who noticed the show. I have zero qualms with someone restarting their life, but an unrepentant abuser being in a position where they can potentially abuse again? Nah. An unrepentant abuser having a laugh about being an abuser and not being upfront with the company booking it about the content? (Bit like he did with Disney, almost looks like a pattern forming) Nah. 

If he got a job at Bert’s Used Tyres in Backwater California, do you think there would be an uproar?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Loki said:

How low down the pay scale does he need to get before you feel he’s reached the appropriately punishing level?

I'm really exhausted by seeing men make this same point over and over again. It's really odd that you point fingers at "Twitter sleuths" and yet then come up with what seems to me to be a classic Twitter 'But wait!' reply.

It really isn't about chasing these men away from every paid opportunity available to them at all. It's about keeping them away from positions where they are in a key position to abuse again. Working at one of the world's most famous family resorts is completely inappropriate, as is then trying to do a stand-up comedy show about his dick. Which, again, is a completely inappropriate move considering Ryan himself admitted to and apologised for his behaviour.

Jimmy Havoc got a job with DPD after stories came out about him. I don't recall hearing about anyone trying to chase him out of that job. Maybe Ryan should take a page out of his book.

I fully understand the sentiment from Loki here, and 100% agreed until I realised Ryan had admitted it and tried joking about it.

The guy should be working no where near vulnerable people as a precaution, even if he isn't convicted of anything. You'd have to be mad to disagree on that.

And the Jimmy havoc example, I'm not even sure if I heard the story about him  but the further away from my TV the better.

Edited by RoryT