woke.

PunkStep

• Paid Members

I used to have a Japanese t-shirt for something called Gorilla Gorilla. On the front it had a picture of a gorilla in a tracksuit with a huge afro, then on the back was the view from behind, but there's a shadow and a pair of eyes looking out of the back of the afro. One of the managers in the job I had at the time thought it was a gollywog, and I was advised not to wear it again for fear of causing offence. I understood where the confusion arose, and if I did wear it again I'd be sure to put a shirt on over the top so the back was covered. 

• Paid Members
On 5/5/2023 at 1:27 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

On the front it had a picture of a gorilla

thought it was a gollywog

I understood where the confusion arose

Racist

IMG_20210808_113019.png.d33355c5d34a3a577172ee1777198f91.png

12 minutes ago, neil said:

Oh wait until they find out about how immigration works

British Exceptionalism at its finest. I don’t think I’ll ever forget that poll around the referendum that showed brits were in largely in favour of brits being allowed to freely live and work in EU countries but largely against people from EU countries being allowed to freely live and work in the UK, in what was at the time an EU country. 

There’s a political commentator who sometimes appears on news channels here. Whenever they report of holdups and delays at customs and borders, he says we should be celebrating it because it’s exactly what we asked for. We wanted to be treated as a non EU member. 

30p Lee was saying yesterday how people who don’t want to live under a monarchy should leave. So he agrees that if you don’t like the way your country is run, you should be free to start anew in another? That’s great news for Syrians and Afghans who would rather live in a monarchy than a dictatorship then!

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I've been to the latter, but am sure I'd enjoy the former with my love of noodles.

Do the thing with the eyes, and they might even pay to fly you out there.