I think Vince and Johnny Ace might be problematic, lads.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

The board have already concluded he used his own money, which, if it doesn't absolve Vince of the bulk of legal trouble, certainly sounds like the kind of detail that can bury a case in technicalities.

I didn't see this, have they concluded that just for the pay off, or for the salary increase as well?

9 minutes ago, Duke said:

I didn't see this, have they concluded that just for the pay off, or for the salary increase as well?

The Bloomberg article uses the term "settlements" for what they say Vince paid for himself, so that sounds like the payoff only.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-15/wwe-probes-3-million-ceo-paid-to-female-employee-journal-says

I have finished reading SHE SAID the story about the NYT reporter's exposing Weinstein. It started off very similar to this and one of the main things was the company money being used to pay women off. NDAs are a really hot issue at the moment, and I would say this will lead (if it hasn't already) to someone looking into the company.

One of the things they mention about the HW stuff was that a lot of people kept saying 'Does anyone really care about this stuff in the mainstream?' it seemed so, and if it is another powerful man abusing his power, it is a huge story.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Is this going to make a difference to anyones viewing or will you still pay these cunts to watch their product?

I wish I could say I won't be paying for the Network, but I know deep down that I'll resubscribe again at some point. I usually buy it for a month when I'm not working much and dive into the ol' Hogan classics. 

I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't.

21 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I have finished reading SHE SAID the story about the NYT reporter's exposing Weinstein. It started off very similar to this and one of the main things was the company money being used to pay women off. NDAs are a really hot issue at the moment, and I would say this will lead (if it hasn't already) to someone looking into the company.

One of the things they mention about the HW stuff was that a lot of people kept saying 'Does anyone really care about this stuff in the mainstream?' it seemed so, and if it is another powerful man abusing his power, it is a huge story.

Don't the reports say that Vince used his own personal funds and not company money for the payoff? Jerry McDevitt negotiated it and I don't someone as savvy as him would pull a rookie move like using money that wasn't Vince's own. 

Not to say that the whole situation isn't completely fucked up and potentially very damaging, of course. 

Dave Meltzer is saying that the Board (except the McMahons and HHH) have hired a firm for an independent investigation into the corporate culture.

Dave also said that they were aware of the investigation before Stephanie quit.

This could be a fucking wild few weeks / months

Edited by Ironic Indie Lad

1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

One of the comfort watch Silvervisions as a kid, wasn't it. 

The three way cage match is still an absolute belter. 

10 year old me was so confused watching this as my absolute favourite Ken Shamrock was being booed? It was only a month since he was in those glorious blue trunks against Owen at SS98. 

It is a belter, absolutely, but whenever I revisit I'm retrospectively sad for ten year old me and our Ken. 

13 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Her pay was also doubled once they were having the affair, I doubt that was Vince's own cash. That's likely going to be the main argument then.

Good point! I was talking specifically about the payout but, yes, the sudden promotion doubling her salary is obviously a red flag. I bet they're able to justify it somehow, mind. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Factotum said:

Aye and a key thing with Weinstein (amongst others) is that once the initial story broke, it opened the floodgates and countless others came forward.

Does anyone believe that this woman was the only person that this happened to? Or that no woman has a story about being punished after turning them down? Have they made EVERY woman who has ever been harassed sign an NDA?

Even the stuff that's already public knowledge would look damning for them if it gets brought up. If the mainstream media (finally) picks up on Ashley Massaro's story then I don't see Vince's surviving.

Another big factor is that WWE isn't the same company as it used to be. They got through scandals in the past by uniting and having an "Us Against Them" mentality. Can't do that now. I'd imagine a fair portion of the board are desperate to get rid of the old psycho.